just "modded" my first flashlight......

Pete Mcrash

Newly Enlightened
well not to the scale people do on here,but with a bit of found knolladge on here i got myself a terralux 300m drop in and put it in my 3d mag......wrapped up 4 C's in tape n cardboard and turned the spring round.......and nothing happened......DOH!!!!......anyway after a bit of f***ing about i realised i needed to scratch the coating off the tailcap to make a connection...............YIPEE it works a treat......anyway now i'm going to put the 300m in a 2d with 2x18650's and keep the 3d for the terralux 140lm upgrade it had in it as 15hr runtime is hard to beat in what is really a great std bulb change mod......cheers Pete

420light

Newly Enlightened
Hello. Congrats on your first MOD. Here is the way I "scrapped" the tail cap in my 2D. The Spring is cut also. I can put in 3 C cells in lieu of the 2 Ds.:twothumbs

98663696.jpg

41626748.jpg
34735104.jpg

icpd30

Newly Enlightened
Good Show! It's exciting and fun to complete that first project. I've been fumbling with 6 AAs in a 2D: taping, wrapping, squeezing, tapping, hammering, forcing...

I finally just gave up and ordered some parts from CPF. Waiting for them to arrive.