Things that can be improved for the 10X

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, I got the 10X from Sean and after evaluation of a few hours of use, I came up with some complaints, praises and such:

First, this thing puts out a WALL of light. Closest thing to a spotlight I've ever seen but it's a flashlight
grin.gif
It puts out more light than the M6 HOLA.

When I turn the lamp in the bezel, the bulb shifts positions quite a bit. I've played around with the positions to see if I could get rid of the odd shaped beam. Could not get it round. The lamp should come with a notch to line it up correctly.

The head feels like the 8NX,8AX series. A little loose. I wish I could tighten it down all the way and use a tailcap like the 9AN and other lithium SFs. That would make the light much more solid, or at least feel more solid.

I wish they had optional lamp housings to allow just one lamp to be used instead of the dual lamp. Just the 60, 110 or 500 lm lamp alone (not dual) would make this a true replacement option for the M6. a single lamp housing would make SIS possible also.

The o-ring needs to be a tad bit bigger so it can fit tighter.

A holster would be nice so I don't have to shove it in my back pocket. I'd hate to drop it on a foot pursuit or getting out of the car.

The charger does not hold the battery/light in place tight enough. If mounted in a car, a little jolt might knock it out of charging position.

In conclusion, this won't replace the M6 for me. The M6 is the perfect balance of extraordinary output vs size with SIS. Anyone else have any thougts on this? Thanks.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with most of what you said. I actually like the fact that you can turn the LA's and line them up as you like, unlike the M4, M3 etc. were you cannot. Although it would be better if the beams were round and we wouldn't have to worry about it.
wink.gif

I don't know why you would want a single LA bezel? To make it smaller maybe? That's kinda the point, you have a long life low beam or bright HOLA if you need it. With the M6 you need to carry 2 lights.

They do need (and you can get) larger o-rings for a more snug fit.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Sean,

Thanks for the great light. I want a single lamp option so I can get a round beam. The M6 has a smooth perfectly round beam, I guess I got spoiled and used to it
grin.gif

I'm going to Lowes tomorrow to see if they have a thicker O-Ring, same diameter. I got a second battery from AGR delivered today (thought ahead
cool.gif
) so I have been able to play with it longer today!

BTW (Sean), I guessed right on with the postage! I was $0.50 off!!!

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Surefire M6:
Hey Sean,

BTW (Sean), I guessed right on with the postage! I was $0.50 off!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That package was a heavy sucker!
grin.gif

The HOLA seemed a little oval, not too bad.
You may be surprised the next time you get an MN21 for your M6, my last one was oval, just like the 10X.
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, I went to Home Depot and got a thicker o-ring and wow, what a difference. It feels much more solid now. It's a little hard to turn but that's what I wanted.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The 10X does come with two o-rings. It has done for a little while now. If your 10X has only one o-ring, I suggest you call SureFire for a second.

I've had two o-ring on my 10X for months and months. It's the only way to go I think.

The M1000 was a single high-beam reflector version of the M2000 double reflector Bezel...
As we know, the M2000 was released as the
"10X".
Some of your C900 chargers may have a reference to "M2000" - they did in the early days.

Al

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actaully, it did have 2 o-rings, they were just too small & didn't even feel like they made contact with anything.
frown.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah that's what it felt like. You could actually jiggle the bezel a bit. This thicker O-Ring took care of that and now it's solid. The 10X Sean sent me has 2 O-Rings, I just replaced one with a thicker one. Before the change, I felt like the head might accidentally turn on the light. Now, I can keep the light 1/4 turn from constant and feel confident that it will stay there.

An optional single lamp bezel should not be that hard to manufacture.

Size15's

Flashaholic
"An optional single lamp bezel should not be that hard to manufacture."

I was working on one myself before I asked my technician to get me a long weight from the local hardware store. He's not come back yet so my work has had to stop.

Perhaps the o-rings I got from SureFire to test and evaluate aren't the ones that it now comes with? Interesting. Would you say that two is better then one? At least, I managed to get a 2nd one added as I do feel it needs two.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

2 is definitely better than one. With one, it felt like there wasn't one on there. If you try one that is slightly thicker, (diameter does not matter that much since it stretches) you'll see it takes 2 hands to turn the head. The way it comes from SF, you can easily turn it with one hand.

I am trying to figure out a way to build/mod a SIS head that holds the 250/500 lm lamp to fit the B20.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well good luck with that!

I won't lend you my technician. When I found him at the hardware store I sent him back to the workshop via the wholesalers to get some skirting board ladders.

Al
grin.gif