Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
next to a L1
large.jpg

large.jpg

internal module
large.jpg

beam and output looks like an e2 with mno3 bulb; tight and very smooth

the TL-2 has a resistor CIRCUIT only !!!!

what will be in the TL-3 has not yet been determined... Streamlight has spec'ed the TL-3 with just a resistor AND they also have a regulated version... those at the top have not made a final decision

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sounds like you have the inside scoop on Streamlight!

If you have an important ear at Streamlight that will listen, ask him why they put a resistor in the 3AA? Why not just put in more heat sinking and get the max brightness out of the light?

fred0109

Newly Enlightened
I just got a TL-2LED from www.swps.net and it seems to be a very nice light. The tl2-led has a focusable 1watt high dome luxeon and is brighter than the KL3 head from surefire. It is also about half the price of the surefire. I paid $54.95 plus shipping. Great light!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

reddwarf

Newly Enlightened
PLEASE! post run-times when both of you have the time,thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just received mine this week...I'm ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED!!!

GREAT white color, tight hotspot w/plenty of spill light. The body just feels right in my hand!

I certainly believe this little torch will take the place of my E2E-HA w/KL1 and perhaps even my L4!! The L4 is a great light but the throw on this TL-2 is much better!!!

Excellent advertised runtime, now off to find a runtime from somewhere other than Streamlight to see what it will really do!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think my TL2 LED is probably the one light i would choose--if i could only have one.

Positives: small enough to pocket, very bright, LED, great beam, excellent throw, takes 123's, nice pocket clip (removable), glass lens, momentary switch, long runtime, streamlight's customer service.

negatives: none..., well, maybe price.

excellent light.

Bob

ps i hear the pelican M6 LED is pretty nice as well...and a bit cheaper. i dont think it has a pocket clip.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Yep, the TL-2 is one of my favorite lights. If only it came in a type III hard anodize finish and had a true lockout tailcap it would be near perfect.

BrightFlashlites

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Excellent advertised runtime, now off to find a runtime from somewhere other than Streamlight to see what it will really do!

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending upon style of use expect between 2 - 2.5+ hours of PEEK performance out of your batts. In my non-scientific experiment of 10, 15, 20 & 30 minute sessions it netted just over two hours. After the light had gone unused for roughly 36 hours after the last 20 minute session I noticed it had dropped off. If you use the light for 2-3 minute sessions only I would expect you can probably achieve 3 hours of peek performance.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the TL-2LED, SF KL1 mod, and a PM6-LED.
Using the KL1 with a E1 or 1 cell twisty, it is the smallest and is very easy to carry in my pocket.
The PM6LED is easily the brightest.

The TL-2LED is the best compromise for a very bright light with a good throw, and yet is about as small as the E2. I think it is the best of the three for all around use, but I carry the KL1 with the 1 cell twisty most of the time.

Jerry

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I just got a TL-2 LED and I am very impressed. Cannot add much more than has already been mentioned. I got the green bodied one and I like it better than the black. Also I have an extra Pelican M6 holster and the TL-2 fits in it perfectly. I know it comes with a pocket clip for carry but I like to keep small flashlights in holsters when I am not using them to protect the lens.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Okay I got to play with my TL-2 LED last night. Very dark outside with fog. Compared it to my Pelican M6-LED. The Pelican throws a little farther than the TL-2 but the TL-2 has much more useful sidespill. I would say that the sidespill of the TL-2 is at least 25% bigger than the M6-LED. Much more useful in my eyes for walking at night. Also the sidespill is much brighter than the Pelicans. I guess the difference is in the reflector. The Pelican reflector is deeper.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just FYI for clarification of a post above, the Surefire L4 produces about 3 times the light of the TL-2 LED. The TL-2 LED takes what light it does make and projects it forward better so that it gets about 1/3 more throw than the L4.

They are good little lights, but the heatsinking is a bit questionable. The LED sits on top of a plastic post. It's warranted for life, so if the LED does get damaged or burns out you can have it replaced for free from Streamlight.

Techmedic

Enlightened
Re: Streamlight TL-2 LED (quick review)

Took a look at the TL-2 LED last week (new stock very recent) and it IS NOT focusable. Fixed bezel. Does not move. (April 8, 2004)

Other than that, all of the above applies!! Great Light!!