ZL H501 battery question...

Brian321

Enlightened
Hello i jsut recieved my H501 and i was doing a battery test with a Duracell alkaline to see how long it would stay on in high mode but after it was on awhile (once the battery was low) It started flickering. Can i still run it on high while it is flickering or should i turn it on medium, Or should i just replace the battery at that point? Also if i can run it while flickering about how much runtime is left? Thanks.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I would use Lithium primaries or LSD rechargables. Guessing it's running low as the alky isn't that good for the high draw.​

Edit.​

It shouldn't hurt the light but you run the risk of the battery leaking sooner or later.​

Brian321

Enlightened
I decided to do a test with an Energizer lithium. BTW the alkaline only lasted an 1:17 on high before it started flickering, The light is right next to me with the lithium and still running strong and its been 2:31:eek:. What a difference i doubt ill ever use alkalines again.It is still very bright after a couple hours but looks like it is a little dimmer than from the begining(hard to tell with out haveing another light right next to it.)