XENO E15 V1, FARKA E09 V3, and FARKA F8 V3

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
Through the wonderful courtesy of Zhongwin Technology Development, I was given the opportunity to inspect and review more lights from their growing product line. For reviews of the CUBE, G105, and G95 go HERE. For this review I'll be focusing on the XENO E15 V1, FARKA E09 V3, and FARKA F8 V3.

Here's a group shot: (from left to right) Farka F8, XENO E15, and FARKA E09
FarkaXENOgroup.jpg

1. XENO E15 V1
This is a wonderful little light that turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. It's a AA torch that has the capacity to operate on either one or two batteries. The body extension required for the 2 X AA configuration is included. The fit and finish on my sample were very good. The threads are square and all connection points are sealed with double o-rings. There is a GITD o-ring between the reflector and the lens, and the light came equipped with a GITD boot. It is a reverse clicky with tap functionality to switch between modes once it's on. It is a two mode... high/low. The light is floody with a nice transition from spot to spill.... along the lines of a Luxeon U2 but a tad cooler in tint. It comes with a lanyard kit and a plastic wand/lantern attachment that is surprisingly utilitarian.

In the single battery configuration with the included extension tube:
XenoE15V1.jpg

In the 2AA configuration:
XenoE15V12.jpg

The specifications as provided by Zhongwin:
Product Specification:
Material:

Type III Hard Anodized Aluminum with anti-scrolling knurl smooth rectangular thread, Hardness up to HV380, in accordance with U.S. military Class II application standards

10 meters waterproof structure to IPX-7 Standard, especailly protected by external stailless steel lens pressure ring and double O-rings

Working voltage: 0.8~4.2V
LED: CREE WH R2
Color temp.:5000~5700K
One way battery (a dry cell, Alkaline) and rechargeable battery(Ni-Cd,Ni-MH,14500 Li-ion,LiFePO4 battery).
1AA mode without extension tube
*Use one battery such as size AA 1.5V one way battery (A Dry cell Alkaline); 1.2V rechargeable Ni-Cr battery, Ni-MH battery; 4.2V 14500 rechargeable battery, 3V LiFePO4 Battery, etc.
*two-stage output modes: high and low
*Max: 187 lms

*Test data:
1)Size AA 14500 rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries with Nominal Capacity of 750mAH
low output mode: 55 lms/220mA 2hours
high output mode: 187 lms/800mA 1hours

2)Size AA eneloop, SANYO Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (Model No.: HR-3UTG) with Nominal Capacity of 2000mAH
low output mode: 20 lms/80mA 3hours
high output mode: 113 lms/340mA 1.5hours 2AA mode with extension tube

*Use two batteries in the same type such as size AA 1.5V one way battery (A Dry cell Alkaline); 1.2V rechargeable Ni-Cr battery, Ni-MH battery;

Note: 4.2V 14500 rechargeable battery, 3V LiFePO4 Battery is not available for 2AA mode

*two-stage output modes: high and low
*Max: 165lms

*Test data:
2)Size AA eneloop, SANYO Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (Model No.: HR-3UTG) with Nominal Capacity of 2000mAH
low output mode: 20 lms/80mA 3hours
high output mode: 113 lms/340mA 1.5hours

Size: 94.5mm (Length) x 21.5mm (Diameter)
Weight: 54.5g
Size(with extension tube):144.8mm (Length) x 21.5mm (Diameter)
Weight:70g
Standard accessories:lanyard, switch, two spare O-rings, lens.

Beamshots:
E15V12AAhigh.jpg

E15V12AAlow.jpg

E15V1AA.jpg

E15V1AAlow.jpg

2. FARKA E09 V3
This is a nice little personal light. They come in a number of colors but my sample was blue. This is a AA light and my version came with a very warm P4 7B emitter. Those with a penchant for incandescents will love the tint. The light utilizes an optic and has a very clean beam profile. The stock boot is GITD and like the E15, the E09 has a GITD o-ring between the reflector and lens. The light comes with a wrist lanyard and a wand/lantern accessory.

Farkablue.jpg

Relatively thick body walls, square threads, double o-rings, and gold-plated springs. :thumbsup:
Farkablue2.jpg

Here are the specs as provided by Zhongwin:
Outstanding reliable shock-resistance performance
Cree Premium R2 XR-E WC (or P4 7B, optional) LED
85 Lumens output
Fluorescent tail-cap switch
Pre-focused, highly efficient polished reflector
Super self-convectional system
100 meters beam distance
1 AA batteries power supply
95.8mm(L) x 19.8mm(D)
Net weight: 41 grams (excluding batteries), 65 grams (alkaline)
Durable aircraft-grade aluminum alloy body
Premium hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
IPX-7 waterproof with double O-ring seal
Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
Slip-resistant body design
Optional accessories: lanyard, spare O-rings, diffuser, silica gel.

Beamshot:
E09V3.jpg

3. FARKA F8 V3
This one was a pleasant surprise as well. It's very 6P-esque, but with some good add-ons. The head is finned which helps in heat dissipation. It's got a nice deep and smooth reflector that turns this into quite a little thrower. It also loves 18650s... you HAVE to love that. The threads are all square and all connections are sealed with double o-rings. The boot is GITD and the head contains a GITD o-ring between the reflector and lens. It come with a lanyard and welded lanyard attachment ring. It even comes with a rubber cigar grip ala Surefire C2 style. It has 5 modes:

medium > low > high > strobe > SOS

It's a reverse clicky with tap functionality after it's been turned on. The fit and finish are again very nice. Zhongwin makes a whole series of accessories for this light (stainless bezel rings, holsters etc.) but I haven't as of yet seen any in person.

Farka1.jpg

Farka2.jpg

Specs as provided by Zhongwin:
Features:
  • Specially enhanced body:
  • Precisely CNC and milling machined components:
  • All-weather Illumination Tools: 5 meters waterproof with Double O-ring sealed. O-ring are made by SIR(Silicone Rubber): corrosion-proof, durable, high and low temperature resistant.
  • Toughened Glass:
  • Super Self-Convectional System:The best heat radiate system to protect LED unconcerned.
  • All Brass inside components and cathode stainless springFor reliable conductivity, better heat-radiate and anticorrosive.
  • LED driver—protected by Shock Isolation framework:The LED driver PCB is in suspension in copper PCB holder, isolated with battery by an unattached Anode-Electric-Ring holder PCB.
Best Personalized Design:

1) Easy-click operation;
2) Support Candle Power Mode;
3) Fluorescent Tail:
To find your flashlight easily in darkness.
4) Lambent Baton:
Provide variable usage as camp light, emergency indicator etc.

Type No.: CREE WC Q3---Cool White, 6500K, 214lumens the Max.
Type No.: CREE 5C Q3---Natural White, 4000K, 214lumens the Max.
Type No.: CREE 7B P4---Warm White, 3200K, 190lumens the Max.

LED Driver: Middle 350 mA (35%); Low 120 mA (12%); High 1000mA(100%);
Rated input voltage: 3.0~4.2V
Battery compatible: single 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
Built-in battery inverted-load protection.

Running Time:
Middle 6.5 hours, Low 18hours, high 2.5hours.
Re: Test condition of the burning time--one full charged FARKA 18650 Li-on battery BD70C, 2200mAH,with safeguard circuit.

Beamshots:
F8V3high.jpg

F8V3med.jpg

F8V3low.jpg

The lineup of XENO and FARKA lights... including the CUBE, G95, and G105
xenofarka2.jpg

Last edited:

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Very nice photos! ...And quite interesting flashlights, but as a reader, I have "mixed" feelings. I mean...

FARKA E09 V3
[....]
100 meters beam distance
1 AA batteries power supply
162mm(L) x 36mm(D)
Net weight: 185 gram (excluding batteries)
No offence, but this is ridiculous if both, manufacturer and reviewer, are posting inaccurate information.:huh:

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
Very nice photos! ...And quite interesting flashlights, but as a reader, I have "mixed" feelings. I mean...

I understand... :grin2:

The stats were provided by Zhongwin and I think there's some "lost in translation" issues with some of the statements. While the beam from the E09 can be seen from 100 meters away, it certainly can't illuminate something 100 meters away... for this form factor that's a near impossibility... especially with the P4 7B emitter. I'm planning on shooting some outdoor beamshots and if I do you'll be able to see some comparisons with other lights in the same genre.

Stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
Re: XENO E15 V1, FARKA E09 V3, and FARKA F8 V3 - Zhongwin Technology Development

to add to that previous comment, the dimensions of the light also seem a little off.. unless that 1xAA is actually 16cm long!

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
Re: XENO E15 V1, FARKA E09 V3, and FARKA F8 V3 - Zhongwin Technology Development

to add to that previous comment, the dimensions of the light also seem a little off.. unless that 1xAA is actually 16cm long!

YIKES! :ohgeez:I didn't catch that when I pasted it in there. I measured my sample and have adjusted the numbers accordingly. Thanks for the heads up.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great pictures! I have all three of these lights. I'm waiting for them to come out with XP-G R5 versions... :)

chef4850

Enlightened

I am interested in the e09 v3 (blue). Where can you order from? I do not see how the weight is correct. 189 grams = 6.67 ounces for a single cell light is this possible? Looks like a decient light.

Chef

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened

I am interested in the e09 v3 (blue). Where can you order from? I do not see how the weight is correct. 189 grams = 6.67 ounces for a single cell light is this possible? Looks like a decient light.

Chef

I just weighed the one I have here... 41g empty, 65g w/ an alkaline. I have no idea why the specs on that light were so off. :shrug:

You can order from Zhongwin directly, but shipping can be cost-prohibitive. I know they're looking for dealers in the US right now. I think Tactical HID carries their products.

Surnia

Newly Enlightened

could have been a manufacturer error perhaps? grabbed the spec layout for another unit, and forgot to change the values?

aside from that, those look great in the pics!

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened

Here's a group shot of the Farka and Xeno lights. I got several questions about the light wand/bezel tool and there's one in this image (for the E15) so I thought I'd post it. :thumbsup:

FarkaXeno%20copy.jpg

kimck99

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

Can you advise if the FARKA F8 V3 will take a standard P60/D26 drop in?

Thanks

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

Thanks

I will take a look at it when I get back to the office... I'm embarassed to admit that I got rid of all of my P60/P26 hosts, but I think I have some old drop-ins I can compare the F8 drop-in to. The nice thing about the F8 drop-in is that is screws apart and a new pill (when upgrades become available) can be swapped out pretty simply.

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened

Hi,

Thanks

I just heard the news that the new F8 which is due out at the beginning of April will be upgraded with the XP-G R5 emitter, and will also be P60-friendly so it will serve as a good host for lots of other drop-ins. :)

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Someone should tell the company to change the name of the Farka. Too many jokes come to mind, but I have never been banned before so I will stop....right....there...........

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
"Farka" sound like a name you'd find on an inexpensive, birch-toned futon at Ikea.

From what I understand "Farka" means donkey in Chinese and is apparently a symbol for a hard-working companion. It is also used to denote an outdoorsman or someone who travels avidly. It's funny how the best thought out names don't translate well across cultures... it brings to mind the infamous case of the Chevy Nova.

gollum

Enlightened
nice looking lights .... thanks for your review.

I can just imagine lending one to a friend...

"thanks thats a very bright little Farka you have there"

the Xeno E15 looks great love the fluted barrel

I will have to check the link :twothumbs

Can anyone recommend a place to buy this light? Pricing? I'm having a difficult time finding anything about this light, save from this review. I can't even get the company's website to display in English.

sfca

Enlightened