Brightest stalk motorcycle LED turn signals?

lightinghelp

Newly Enlightened
I would like to purchase the brightest led turn signals I can for a motorcycle. It is hard to evaluate products because some have lots of older low powered leds in them and others say "high powered" but I cannot find lumen ratings for turn signals.

Does anyone have stalk led turn signals on their bike? I wan them to be as bright as possible for the daytime and nighttime and to use relatively recent led technology, not 6 year old technology.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Good luck. Last time I looked into LED conversion bulbs for my motorcycle, the only ones brighter than stock #1157 bulbs were so large that I'd have to modifiy my tail lights. And they most likely wouldn't fit in my signals. Most of the cheaper LED conversions offered are not as bright as stock bulbs.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
There are various motorcycle turn signals on the market that comply with the applicable regulations, but offhand I can't think of any that are bright enough to be worth messing with. If I were in your shoes I would buy a pair of the brightest standard-sized truck/bus LED front turn signals I could find, toss 'em in mounting plates, and make my own mount stalks. A couple months ago I tested a bunch of the truck/bus LED front turn signals, and found that the brightest ones commonly available are these -- their maximum central intensity is around 600 candela, which is 50% brighter than minimally required for the daytime running light function, as well. For reference, the minimum acceptable intensity for a motorcycle front turn signal is just 100 candela.

Mount plates? Yeah, lots of options. See here, here, here, and here, with chrome trim ring here.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast

737mech

Enlightened
I have some Rizoma led signals and can say they are plenty bright!
Get them from PJ's parts for some of the best customer service out there.