• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Throw of peak First Responder vs other chinese throwers

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I am in the market for a new duty light. I have a lumapower Q2 version and it works great but is a little dated. I was thinking about the FR400(R5) or the FR600(P7).
My duty holster is meant for a streamlight stinger so I am not limited to the smaller night patrol sizes. I figure I will get better throw with the first responder.
I have not found any reviews comparing peak lights to any of the chinese throwers. Ive read that the NP400 with R5 led will out throw the pelican 7060. The pelican 7060 is just slightly better than my MRV Q2 with an 18650 so I figure that is the minimum for me, I dont want to step back.
Problem with the FR400 is it is supposed to be rather narrow, not so good at traffic stop distances when talking to the driver and other people are in the car.
I am sure the FR600 with it P7 will light up the car nicely but I am worried about its throw capability. I have not seen any of the chinese throwers using optics with a P7 or MC-E so I am hesitant on how well the P7 will throw with an optic in the FR600. Other than that I think the FR600 is ideal in size, capabilities etc.

Thoughts on the subject or personal testimony/observations?

THank you