Looking for a worklight to hang around the neck.

bluedog64

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a rechargable personal work light that can he worn around the neck with a breakaway strap to illuminate a workspace at arms length. A directional pivot would be a plus. Can anyone help?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a rechargable personal work light that can he worn around the neck with a breakaway strap to illuminate a workspace at arms length. A directional pivot would be a plus. Can anyone help?
Why not an ultra-compact headlight? A Petzl Zipka or a Coleman Exponent CR2 would be just perfect for that. You can put them in your pocket when not in use, you wouldn't even know it's there...

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the quark mini might meet your needs. It comes with a really nice lanyard with a clip at the end and the lights are quite small which should be good for neck carry.

I was also thinking of the Fenix MC10 because it has a swivel neck and comes with a headband attachment to make it a headlamp. However it is probably a bit large to carry around your neck.

A single cell quark light with a prism attachment might be a viable option too.

As far as break away lanyards, I don't know of any lights that come with one so you might just have to provide your own.

I feel like most lights with this feature(there aren't many) will be too large for neck wear.

bluedog64

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great responses. Please keep them coming. We can make the breakaway straps.
We cannot use a head light for this. It must be worn around the neck.
The Fenix MC10 looks good, I only worry about it rolling from side to side and becoming a problem directing the light. Size certainly does matter but I think I can go as 3" to 4" wide without a problem if it were flatter across the back of the light.
Thanks for the info O.F. and sol-leks.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
zebralight. Pure flood, so no blinding hotspot for close up work. If you dont want to use it as a headlamp, just use the rubbertubeclip thing and clip it to your shirt, pocket, ear or wherever you need it:twothumbs Its a awsome light if you dont want/need throw.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Photon Pro is a 1 AA light that has a split ring attached so is easy to wear around the neck.

Attach a string made into a loop and attach with a girth hitch and it's easy to take on and off.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to EK USA for breakaway lanyards.

There they have numerous types that work well with small lights, most all are 5mm rope with detachable buckle and safety breakaway. There are some with a double breakaway and others with a built in 24" retractable cable that you could hold at arms length.

Brian321

Enlightened
+2 for the Zebralight, I just bought the H501 and it is one of the most versatile lights i own, I love it. Plus it can take a beating and keep on running.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The Surefire T1A is an excellent neck carry light and offers a nice smooth floody beam with enough throw to cover a wide range of uses. It also has the easiest of all multiple output range lights in that it is a simple twist to turn on to the lowest low setting available, and twist more for higher output.