Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight

Thread: need help need a constant driver

Hybrid View

Default need help need a constant driver

I need a constant driver to hook up to this drop in http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9358
    but it cant be any bigger than an inch i need it to be able to hook up to 28 volts to this drop in anyone know where i can find one thanks

Default Re: need help need a constant driver

any one got any thoughts

So you're looking for a constant voltage driver/supply, dropping from ~28Volts to 6-9V?

Is your 28V really 28V, or is there a range of voltage (like a 28V drill battery?)

If it is a drill battery, what is the absolute maximum voltage when it's freshly charged, and the minimum when it's empty?

This thread would probably be better in the 'Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included' section - more likely to get an answer about possible buck voltage regulators there.

No it's a true 28 volt

It's just a thought, but some vehicle power adaptors (phone chargers, etc) will on 24V systems as well as 12V, and a 24V-capable one should presumably be alright on 28V (since 12V systems can get up to 14-15V).

If there was a constant voltage vehicle supply that had an output in the right voltage range, that might be an option, and possibly not too expensive.