Movies that make you bawl

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
You try and breath steady and deep....come on body...smooth and regular. Stop that trembling...the seat is attached to the one next to it...might feel the vibration. Lips!...stop that quivering. Ah poop...dam breakdown. Hope no one is looking at me...better look around and see...but wait...better only move my eyes...or someone might notice me looking around and know.

Know that...even as a member of the CPF group...the most feared clan in the unenlightened world...

:huh: I`M CRYING :shakehead :eek: Well...almost. :p Had you going for a moment :nana:

What movies have made you...almost...cry :)

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/03/09....com/2010/03/09/the-movies-that-make-you-bawl

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a few to be honest but the one that always gets me is:-

Cool Runnings,the end part when the crowd claps as they carry there tobogen across the line.It gets me every time.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Terms of Endearment and Of Mice and Men with John Malkovich, especially where the old dog of Candy's gets shot and the old farmhand allows the other men to kill his dog because he is too old and no good in their opinion and then of course when Lenny gets the axe in the end. Little Big Man, where Dustin Hoffman's Indian wife and son get shot and killed. I am sure there a few more as well but they are the top three that come to mind.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner asks his dad if he wants to have a catch............:mecry:

...somebody call the Whaaaambulance....:popcorn:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
First one I can remember was called " Old yeller "...I think. They have to shoot the family farm dog when he gets rabies...after fighting a bear...saving the family...:mecry:

And maybe during Titanic...on the floating piece of wood when she realizes her friend is dead...let`s go of him. And at the end...when, as an old lady, she throws the gold thing into the ocean...symbolically letting go of the sad memory.

And for some reason during Avatar...when Jake makes the speech to the group, about sending a message back to the sky people :thumbsup:. Not a sad scene...but some sort of emotion jerking :thinking:

:popcorn:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I begin to tear up at every movie with Scarlet Johannsen or Megan Fox in it when they are not on the screen- does that count? :crackup:

JB5

Newly Enlightened
Marley & Me. the last 30 mins of the movie is all about the process of putting their dog to sleep in detail.. so sad.

Databyter

Enlightened
Of course a CPF'er would never cry :shakehead.

However certain lumps may develop in the throat during certain movies:whistle:

The last time I think this occured to me was during "The Reader"

Although the subject was less than sympathetic in her actions and behaviors, the movie forcefully conveyed that buried under it all she too had a heart and suffered greatly.

The scene where she is older and the "reader" came to see her in prison shortly before her scheduled release was very emotional.

This actress (The same female lead as "Revolutionary Road" I forget her name), is outstanding in her skill and believeability, to make this character sympathetic is no small task, and she succeeded.

Edit: Kate Winslet is her name, Oh those eyes..

Oh I thought of more, "The Notebook", at the end, and "The English Patient" when he could not get back to the cave, and what she wrote down as she died alone in the dark.

Last edited:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
All Dogs Go To Heaven - gets me every time :sigh:

all_dogs_go_to_heaven.jpg

copperfox

Enlightened
Armageddon - at the end when Will Patton's character gets off the shuttle and sees his little boy :mecry:

OCD

Enlightened
Agraeed on Saving Private Ryan. Aslo, We Were Soldiers. And who doesn't cry watching Gone in 60 Seconds! What they do to Ellanor...:mecry:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Marley & Me. the last 30 mins of the movie is all about the process of putting their dog to sleep in detail.. so sad.

You know, I was worried about Marley & Me having that effect on me but the way they portrayed that dog made me hate it so much while it was healthy that it didn't bother me a bit. I wanted to blast that evil, POS dog with a shotgun myself.

I can well up on a lot of movies . . . animal heroics get me sometimes, even if it's animated. But the only movie that met the critera of "make me bawl," as the OP put it was Beeches. Yes, it's old but holy crap, that got me good.

Illum

Flashaholic
Letters from Iwo Jima
What Dreams May Have Come
March of the Penguins
Seven Years in Tibet
Joy Luck Club
just to name a few...

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
MOVIE: Adventure at the Center of the Earth (2008)

The part where Brendan Frasier is decending down the volcano into the earth and he drops his Surefire C3 :oops:and it falls into the blackness below. Everytime I think about losing a
C3 like that I bawl.:mecry:

Moral of the story...use a lanyard!:thumbsup: