Halloween!

JoeyL

Enlightened
What customized ideas have you all come up with for Halloween? It seems to be a great time for nighttime activities and special effects. For example:
-We put an eternalight in the orange plastic pumpkins on flashing effect for carrying around.
-cover the hat rack with white sheets and point a blue arc LS at it. Very eerie glow. Draw eyes and a mouth in fluorescent ink.
-carry around an ultrastinger on trick or treating for lighting kid's path
-hang a Rav'n multi color led flasher around the neck. Not very scary but everone stops you to ask what it is.

Any favorite ideas?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it just me, or isn't the most fun thing about Halloween blasting the little buggers with a Surge?
shocked.gif
icon14.gif

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sort of heresy in this forum but I always thought that the mini Cyalume lightsticks were better for that.
grin.gif

patg

Newly Enlightened
This is fun:

You need: Black, hooded cape, 2 dim red LEDs mounted on black burlap to fashion scary red "eyes" in the face area of the hood.

Similar to Star Wars' Jawas.

Put a switch on the "eyes".

1. Stand in shadows of the yard.
2. Turn off the eyes as soon as somebody thinks they see them. Repeat.
3. Walk quickly/quietly toward Trick-Or_Treaters or loiterers with eyes well on. Scares the CRAP out of 'em especially if they are standing around quite a while getting lots of short glimpses of the eyes (like at adolescents' Halloween gathering).
4. Will start a stampede of kids trying to get into the house if done well.

Works good outside at windows, too. Especially windows with women or older kids inside!

Pat

Darell

Flashaholic
I like to whack my left hand off with a cleaver and throw the blood-dripping, twitch mass at a group of young revelers. Never fails to get a good reaction.

Growing a new one back each year is the tough part.