Horizontal Holster for Wave

Styerman

Newly Enlightened
Blackhawk makes a bunch of pouches that would work , Ditto for Spec Ops .

Chris

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the Leatherman Leather Sheath for almost a decade.

It is the best I've found (and believe me, I've used LOTS of them).

41YACAQ4SXL._SS500_.jpg

I wear it horizontally along my belt. I've carried a multitool for over 20 years and this is the best I've found.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
All the recent new generation waves I have bought have come with either leather or nylon sheaths that will mount both vertical and horizontal.
I mount vertically on my work equipment belt but horizontally when used on a EDC belt.
The only current wave sheath that does not mount horizontal is the tactical "black" waves that come with a nylon sheath that is "PALs" mountable.
I have about 1/2 dozen waves and even more wave sheaths. The early original waves came with vertical mount only leather sheaths.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "leather" sheath for wave is uncomfortable for horizontal carry, too stiff, stick with nylon. Plus it (leather) only fit small width belt.

Ozgeardo

Newly Enlightened
The "leather" sheath for wave is uncomfortable for horizontal carry, too stiff, stick with nylon. Plus it (leather) only fit small width belt.

As with many things it is all subjective to the user, in your opinion it may be too stiff, for others this is a positive. I and some others I know prefer the leather sheath mounted horizontal.

I find the nylon mounted horizontal (yes I have tried it) is too flimsy, and when catching on things tends to pull uncomfortably where the leather either just bounces around snags or just smashes its way through whatever the sang was (tree branch etc).

The leather will fit a reasonably wide belt, no it will not fit on a 2" plus wide equipment belt but does comfortably (after the first few fittings) fit my 1 7/16" belt.

My Leather wave sheath regularly carries a Fenix LOD or similar AAA single cell flashlight in one of the side elastic sleeves and usually a mini sharpie marker or spare AAA cell in the other side.

Anyone in Oz WTS any nylon wave sheaths I have 2 x PALs mount nylon sheaths and about 1/2 doz x standard (new type) nylon sheaths to spare.

I still also have an original "brown leather" old style wave sheath that has after many years of abuse, sports a wonderful pateena that only "old leather" can emulate which looks A1 mounted on a old style wide brown leather belt. (This is my going out sheath).

Just balancing out the pros and cons

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened

I've never felt the leather sheath was uncomfortable in any way. It fits my 1 1/2 wide belts just fine. And since it has a snap instead of a velcro closure, it stays shut and doesn't wear out nearly as fast as velcro does (it's also a lot quieter).

:nana:

I have several nylon sheathes. They all suffer from various weaknesses when compared to a good leather one. Some have elastic bands that will very quickly stretch a become loose and all of them have velcro closing points that suck.

I carry a mini Bic lighter in the top elastic pocket of my leather sheath, which carries my Leatherman Charge Ti. I like this setup so much that I've purchased a couple of additional leather sheathes in case I lose one or it wears out / becomes damaged.

JB5

Newly Enlightened
I like the nylon sheath but I have been using the cell phone case from my old phone. It fits the charge tti perfect and its easy to access and it clips on to my belt.
LMCharge00000.jpg