• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The next converter from Sandwich Shoppe?

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of prototypes. None in production. Waiting for something. Not sure what. #*$@(!!#*#@

Wayne

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a 1.5A version of the SOB, to drive the Cree XP-Gs at full power? If you can move some of the components on the SOB in-board, maybe you can also design a "fitting" ring to convert the 14mm board into a 17mm board which would expand the SOB's applications into P60 drop-ins (which IMO desperately needs quality buck drivers).

The GD would also be a great product in 17mm since it can run 1xLi-ion with good efficiency without the need to closely match Vf to Vbatt as with the inexpensive LDO regulators. And matching voltages is getting harder as LED Vf decreases (e.g., Cree XP-G case again), which impacts LDO regulator efficiency.

Alternatively, a lower voltage overhead version of the SOB would be great so that you can run in full regulation with 1xLi-ion, or you can go all the way up to Vbatt=16V, to drive the emitter. That would be even more flexible than the GD. Right now, I can't quite reach full regulation with 1xLi-ion when trying to drive something like a Seoul P4 at 1000mA.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to see the Son-of-Buck line extended. I think it has great appeal with it's wide voltage range. This allows us flexibility in battery setups and most of all, added runtime with batteries in serial. I would especially be interested in a 2 or 3-mode SOB (similiar to the GDuP).

More Buck converters please :thumbsup: