Northeast crazy weather

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally i get a blackout. the winds were crazy. so many downed trees and flooding.
i saw a northbound on a parkway totally blocked by a tree. as i was going southbound looking at this huge backup, i saw tons of cars stuck in the grassy median trying to do a u-turn. all the rain made it like quick sand. luxury cars, vans, and even suvs(i know some had locking diffs).
got home late and the whole neighborhood is blacked out. missed my showing off time. house is fully lit even though i'm not in the room lol :D

netbook+cell data=sanity :tinfoil:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
No blackout here. Raining for 2 days now. The weather people don't expect it to stop until Monday.
My apartment faces NE and the wind is coming from the NE. Pitter patter against my window all night.

SirJMD

Newly Enlightened
No pictures? :(

The wether here is quite nice.. ~5ºC, low wind and the sun is shining!

Larbo

Enlightened
3.10 inches of rain in the gauge this weekend :thumbsdow
No doubt the work week will be nice like last week....:sigh:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Here is Staten Island, New York we got hit pretty hard.

Had a blackout for about 20 minutes yesterday around 4 in the evening but has been on since. Ugh, I was all ready too!

We live right off a major blvd of Staten Island called Hylan Blvd. Well a tree feel and took some lines down one street down and guess where they routed all of the traffic, ON MY STREET! Usually we are a quiet street but I cant tell you how many cars were on my corner last night. City buses, car, trucks, the whole nine! Ughhh

This is my neighbor a few doors down. From what I am hearing the tree fell onto the power line and the transformer went :poof:

sb3rjc.jpg

a2bx3l.jpg

98abdc.jpg

wl9ate.jpg

xgh6vd.jpg

Looking on our local news website seems as though my house was very lucky considering the damage others had.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to try to get out today and go take som epics. I was out briefly last night and saw some stuff that's worth documenting.
Hey Cosmo I used to live over that way. I was in Village Greens over at Arthur Kill rd. and Arden Ave.

scout24

Flashaholic
Lots of rain here, much stream flooding and some road closures. Not as disruptive as the snow a few weeks ago, but worth some pictures for sure. Glad it is not 15 degrees colder...

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Just got off the phone with my brother. No power for who knows how long. A tree blew down a power line. This was in the Rockaways. Over here we just got a lot of wind but no power outages.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a few pics of the neighborhood....
25206_1292394070246_1242094201_3091.jpg

They lucked out on this one. There was a car parked infront of the house when it fell, no damage to the house or the vehicle.
25206_1292397310327_1242094201_3091.jpg

Here's the tailend. The curb is now sitting about 7feet up!
25206_1292397630335_1242094201_3091.jpg

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
just got back my power. i was all set with flashlights everywhere. oh well.

the local target was totally cleaned out in flashlights.

csa

Enlightened
Wow, crazy! Good to be prepared even if we don't get to use it.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been expecting a power outage since this storm started and it finally happened. Power went out and the wife started yelling for a flashlight ....my hobby finally paid off in her eyes. It probably would have mad more of an impression if it lasted more then 7 MINUTES!!:mecry:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why am I being tortured?!?!
Power went out again....Reached for my EDC 120P in my pocket and before I could turn it on, the lights came back on again.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
All I have to say is: Finally, we get a storm with some balls.

Due to this and several other trees, we had no power for about 2 days. What a blast, got my 5000W generator out, plugged two neighbors refrigerators & basement flooding pumps from the additional 5" of rain. Got to use so many flashlights, my head was spinning. This was an epic good time, even if no snow. WooHoo! Makes you realize how dependent on computers and TV you have become. People were outside, like "What are we supposed to do now?" Kids were like: "What's a ball, and what do we do with it?" Neighbors talked to each other and realized friendships that had not existed before.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Makes you realize how dependent on computers and TV you have become. People were outside, like "What are we supposed to do now?" Kids were like: "What's a ball, and what do we do with it?" Neighbors talked to each other and realized friendships that had not existed before.

Funny, although true! :ohgeez:

Glad you're all OK guys and that the damage was minimal and outdoors.