• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired anyone own a LEEF body in glendale CA area?

Nite

Enlightened
Recently I Was asked by my friend FiveMega to see a LEEF body. He had never seen one.

I was afraid to let the USPS handle it in both directions as now its irreplaceable

If anyone lives in the area can you show my friend your leef body?

recently many requests have been made regarding knurling changes to FM products.

You say they will be similar to your other C/C bodies. Will they be exactly the same other than being round or will there be other slight differences? Any chance the knurling will be smoother than the last run of C/C bodies?

I like rough knurling but not sharp edged knurling. The knurling on the old Leef bodies is aggressive (it is deep and grippy) but smooth to me compared to the knurling on some of your bodies.

The knurling on your E series clicky bodies is smoother than the knurling on your C/C clone $urefire bodies.

By the way, thank you for offering these. Either way, I'm in for 1-2. I just figured I would offer my two cents if they were not made yet.

this would be a big help to me and FM, not to copy, but emulate...and improve design of current knurling patterns.

the sooner I can show FM a LEEF body the better I think. He is releasing alot of new products.

The current FM knurling is killing my nylon holsters.

I hope im posting this in the right place.

I need a favor.

thanks

NiTE

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
I have several LEEF bodies and love the knurling on them! I'm near Glendale, about 15 minutes away. I'm tight on time these two following weeks. Maybe free upcoming Thursday and Friday, but gone to Canada the entire following week for wind tunnel testing.

donn_

Flashaholic
Personally, I think FM has gotten the knurling down perfectly on the latest offerings, especially the 26500/26650 bodies. They are much 'stickier' in the hand than Leef's knurling.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are not talking about bats or golf clubs, there is no reason I need a flashlight to stick in my hand. I have never had a flashlight fall out of my hand because the knurling was not sharp and grippy.

I would really like someone to start making the same Leef bodies. The knurling and overal design of the Leef bodies is second to none. I beleive the only problem they had was some minor contact issues with certain tailcaps.

I beleive the reason some of the FM bodies lose ano at times is because of the sharp edges. I do like the deeper groove of the more recent FM knurling but I wish the edges were not as sharp. Maybe there is a happy medium.

I would gladly send FM one of my leef bodies. Let Fivemega know and have him contact me with a shipping adress.

Last edited:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the sound of this. The knurling is the exact reason my fm 3p styled body is sitting head and tail less on my dresser. Plus the leef lights have been championed as a favorite around here for quite a while. If you need opinions from near-Glendale cpf members, let me know!

Nite

Enlightened
We are not talking about bats or golf clubs, there is no reason I need a flashlight to stick in my hand. I have never had a flashlight fall out of my hand because the knurling was not sharp and grippy.

I would really like someone to start making the same Leef bodies. The knurling and overal design of the Leef bodies is second to none. I beleive the NLT problem the had was some minor contact issues with certain tailcaps.

I beleive the reason some of the FM bodies lose ano easy at times is because of the sharp edges. I do like the deeper groove of the more recent FM knurling but I wish the edges were not as sharp. Maybe there is a happy medium.

I would gladly send FM one of my leef bodies. Let Fivemega know and have him contact me with a shipping adress.

Thanks!

I should've made this thread sooner!

Last edited: