Well... The bug is biting...

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so after my purchase of a Fenix L2D Prem Q5 (my EDC) last year, I decided to treat myself to a TK-40 a few weeks ago (WHAT a light!!) Anyway, have just ordered [advertising link removed - DM51] $38 for 900 lumens is cheap.... Added a couple of protected 18650's and a charged - Full kit $58 delivered....

I can see this getting to be an expensive hobby lol..

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Be interesting to see how that puppy compares to the Fenix TK40...I think 900 lumens might be a tad optimistic. But I hope you enjoy it/find it useful
evilgrin07.gif

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Be interesting to see how that puppy compares to the Fenix TK40...I think 900 lumens might be a tad optimistic. But I hope you enjoy it/find it useful
evilgrin07.gif

Aye, TBH, the Ultrafire is just to keep in the cupboard in the utility room in case anyone needs a light, and at that money, seemed like a bargain - If it really does put out 900lm, I'll be surprised, but at the moment, nothing will take the "shine" from my TK-40 Lol!

Mike

GSMGuy

Newly Enlightened
Well, after a few months use of both, I still prefer my TK40 :) Just love the way it lights up the lake and area surrounding it when I take the dog out at night.

The "cheapie" from DX put out around the same lumens IMHO certainly not 50% more as advertised, and the build quality is nowhere near as good as the TK40!

However, for leaving in the utility room near the door, it's cheap enough - BUT I don't trust that charger enough to leave it unattended, even with protected cells!

Mike