Quick story about the wife.

camaro09

Enlightened
I have by NO means transformed my wife into liking lights but now she will not complain to carry the Inova X5 I put in her purse. Last year while still back in Lincoln, Nebraska which is around 275,000 people she was walking home from work at night and the normal big bridge over the train yard was being worked on. She calls me at work saying she had to walk through the yard and couldnt see anything because the moon was overcast and there was a big tree line blocking out the city lights. Her phone battery was about to die and she has an OVER ACTIVE imagination with no light what so ever. Also she is in a known homeless hangout area. She is freaking out screaming into the phone as it dies so I leave work to go find her before she has a heart attack. Ever since then she has that X5 in her hand anytime its dark and theres no light. Not the best way to get someone interested in lights but Ill take it. :thumbsup:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, my wife is still not totally into my lights, but she had no problems receiving a Fenix E01 and an iTP A3 EOS as gifts. She EDCs the Fenix, along with a SAK.

Sometimes we'll be out in the backyard and need to look at something (usually a mouse, raccoon, or skunk) and the next thing I hear is "go get one of your bright lights!" meaning one of my Solarforce L2s :D

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a dramatic story like yours but my whole family currently has head lice!!:sick2: After treatment, you have to comb the hair to remove the dead lice & the eggs.

After trying for around an hour in room lighting to comb my kids hair, my wife gave up and asked if she could use my Ra Clicky 140Cn. Now she can see what she is doing! She stills thinks I'm a dork though, for liking high quality lights as much as I do!!:ohgeez:

James.....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

csa

Enlightened
They won't ever quite understand, but it's nice to at least have normal people acknowledge that SOMETIMES our lights are useful!

camaro09

Enlightened
It is a bit scary [for your wife] but woth it! :laughing:

Thanks God for my wife to like the lights! :D

It was scary for her, but she even admits to this day that with all the screaming and running around and whatnot she was doing she bets the homeless guys were afraid and hiding from her. There prob thinking that someone escaped from the loony bin down the road also. :crackup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It was scary for her, but she even admits to this day that with all the screaming and running around and whatnot she was doing she bets the homeless guys were afraid and hiding from her. There prob thinking that someone escaped from the loony bin down the road also. :crackup:

In the dark, they probably thought she was Homeless too. Crazy homeless bag-lady looking for a place to sleep. :D

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a Lincolnite I can understand her fear. Wouldn't want my wife walking through the rail yard unarmed, especially not without a powerful light. Also, the cell phone going dead had to be enough to cause a full on panic.. Glad she is alright, and a partial convert. :)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Adversity brings knowledge, and knowledge wisdom."
~ Proverb

;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
"Some people are just stupid."
~ Monocrom

*(Not in reference to OP's wife.)

camaro09

Enlightened
"Some people are just stupid."
~ Monocrom

*(Not in reference to OP's wife.)

lol no offense taken. :crackup:

it does make ya wonder how someone knows something is dangerous but will do nothing about it.

ie. Knowing the walk is dangerous without light but refusing to have a flashlight handy because it's "silly".

Oh well takes time to convert the masses. :nana:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Summer is approaching. A few rolling blackouts is always good for our cause. (And for turning the average flashaholic into an instant hero.) :D

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I like the way you think. A flashaholic hero :thumbsup:

Even better if you're out with your better half . . .

"What's that honey, you say you can't see a thing. Why I can see perfectly fine. Here, let me get that for you." ;)

You gonna be da man. Oh yes. :D

Just be sure not to show her your favorite light when it comes time for her to pick from your collection. You not gonna feel like da man if she's walking around with your McGizmo or your Milky.