Whats a good 18650/CR123x2 light?

Hen

Newly Enlightened
Anything good out there besides the Fenix TKs thats worth buying?

Thanks.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything good out there besides the Fenix TKs thats worth buying?

Thanks.

A couple of my favorites....:devil:

EDIT - Here are a couple reviews by a well respected reviewer (selfbuilt) here at CPF:

JET-lll M

RRT-2

JETBeam Jet-lll M
JET-lllMb.jpg

JET-lllMc.jpg

JETBeam RRT-2
RRT-2-1.jpg

Dsc01559.jpg

Last edited:

notsofast

Enlightened
I seldom see the Olight M20 recommended. It's UI is simple, it is light weight and well made. Olight is spoke of highly here on the forums.

I have seen lights with test time only sell for under $70 on the marketplace b/s/t forum.

ky70

Banned
Eagletac T100c2...close to 3 hours of run time on high (220 lumens) using 18650 (2hr 20 min w/2xcr123). Great throwy beam and forward clicky with simple UI operation by twisting the bezel for either high or low mode (55 lumens). I've had this light for a week now and I don't think I've heard of a sub $50 dollar light better than this one.

Last edited:

Hen

Newly Enlightened
A couple of my favorites....:devil:

EDIT - Here are a couple reviews by a well respected reviewer (selfbuilt) here at CPF:

JET-lll M

RRT-2

JETBeam Jet-lll M
JET-lllMb.jpg

JET-lllMc.jpg

JETBeam RRT-2
RRT-2-1.jpg

Dsc01559.jpg

Thanks for the great screenshots. I am really considering the JetBeam III-M. This will be on my short list.

Hen

Newly Enlightened
I seldom see the Olight M20 recommended. It's UI is simple, it is light weight and well made. Olight is spoke of highly here on the forums.

I have seen lights with test time only sell for under $70 on the marketplace b/s/t forum.

I don't really like the Olight because its too big.

Hen

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac T100c2...close to 3 hours of run time on high using 18650 (2hr 20 min w/2xcr123). Great throwy beam and forward clicky with simple UI operation by twisting the bezel for either high or low mode. I've had this light for a week now and I don't think I've heard of a sub $50 dollar light better than this one.

At one point of was crazy about getting the Eagletac T20C2. I like how this one looks. How can this compare to the T100c2?

wmflyfisher

Newly Enlightened
I just got the new EagleTac T20C2 but it's my first "big boy" light so I really have nothing to compare it to. It's pretty dang bright though!!

LupinIII

Enlightened
Here's another :twothumbs for both the Jet III M and RRT-2.

I love these new Jetbeam offerings, and my warm tinted III M is definitely one of my favorite lights - looks great with the function to boot.

Definitely get one.

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
Here's another :twothumbs for both the Jet III M and RRT-2.

I love these new Jetbeam offerings, and my warm tinted III M is definitely one of my favorite lights - looks great with the function to boot.

Definitely get one.

And another vote for the RRT-2, love the light and the power package (18650). Because of it and the RRT-1 which also can use a 18650 I too am looking for any other good lights that can utilize this battery combination. If only the JET-III PRO ST (great looking 18650 capable light) had a removable clip, I would be all over it...

Good luck in your quest

Brian

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Jetbeams. Others worth checking out are Surefire options like 6P or C2 with bored 18650 tubes for great drop-in versatility. Superb value-for-money Solarforce L2M/L2P and Deerelight DBS V3.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff md2 with a malkoff m60(w,wlfl,ll,lf, there are many choises)/m61 drop-in and a hi-lo ring. Its a bit shorter than the tk11 and less pointy. Better for pocket use. Choose the tint and beampattern you like and you will be satisfied:twothumbs

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
Well in that case I don't recommend considering either the Jetbeam RRT-2 or the EagleTac, they are longer and one is heavier.

Thats for sure, the RRT-2, while a great 18650 light, is on the heavy side. That said, it does feel like its built like a tank (spelled -- heavy). Still love mine though.

Cheers

Brian

Storogoth

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the EagleTac T20C2 Mk II. Size is average for the class of light and weighs in at less than 6 oz w/18650. LOTS of light on turbo, just right for normal use (and 8-10 hours) on general and now has a low mode which is great for not trashing your night vision, reading or conserving the battery (100+ hrs). Strobe functions can get out of the way, drop-ins will be available, much less that $100, limited lifetime guaranty, can weapon mount, smooth or OP reflector, filters..........Can't tout it enough. For me, I think that EagleTac hit it out of the park on this one.

trailman282

Newly Enlightened
I would also agree that EagleTac Hit a homerun with the new T20C2 Mark II version, I got mine a couple days ago. It is a nice step up from the previous version. I am considering buying a second one just because I like it that much.

Hen

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the wonderful replies. I'm so tempted in getting both Eagletac and Jetbeam. :devil: I just wanted something that has good battery versatility.

As for the Jetbeam i'm leaning more towards the military version. Can one tell me that the military version is better than the other Jetbeam version or vice versa?

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for the wonderful replies. I'm so tempted in getting both Eagletac and Jetbeam. :devil: I just wanted something that has good battery versatility.

As for the Jetbeam i'm leaning more towards the military version. Can one tell me that the military version is better than the other Jetbeam version or vice versa?

I cant attest to which are better, but I can tell you this, JetBeams are in them selfs addictive. Matter of fact I thank you for this tread because I started looking at 18650 lights again and just ordered a Jet III Pro ST VBC R2, needed it like I need yet another hole in my head, but thats the way the cookie crumbles...

Brian

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I have bought three EDC lights in the past month.

They are:
1) Quark Tactical 123*2 XP-G R5
2) Fenix PD30 123*2 CREE XP-G R4
3) EagleTac P20C2 MkII 123*2

The Fenix PD30 is small, perfect for EDC. But the Quark is the same size, and noticeably brighter. Plus I totally love the Quark's UI. The forward-clicky Quark is the only one (of these three) that allows me to have a hi-power tactical strobe available in the first press (which can be momentary).

The EagleTac and the Quark seem very similar for brightness, but the EagleTac is a little bit bigger than the Quark. Plus, the EagleTac (like the Fenix) requires two presses to get a tactical strobe. In a high-stress self-defense situation, I do not want to have to remember two presses, I will be too busy worrying about surviving - I simply want to hit the switch and have tactical strobe immediately available.

So, my vote goes to the Quark Tactical 123*2 XP-G R5 as the best EDC light of the three. It's bright, lightweight, fits in pocket real easy and has a great UI, with tactical strobe immediately accessible.

Below is a pic from esteemed CPF member/reviewer 'selfbuilt' showing size comparisons of assorted lights. The Quark (my favorite for EDC) is on the far right.
RRT2-2.jpg

(from 'selfbuilt'): "From left to right: 1xAW protected 18650, JetBeam RRT-2 Raptor, NiteCore SR3 + 18650 body tube, JetBeam Jet-III M, Olight M20, Tiablo A10-G, 4Sevens Quark 123."
-

Last edited:

SuPpAvIlLiN

Enlightened
Depends on what your looking for. The Tiablo Ace-G is an awsome light that uses 18650's. Great 700 Lumen flood and decent throw.