older e1e

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
I have an older e1e as pictured and was wondering what is the easiest way to get a clicke without changing the color of tailcap. I was thinking a z68 tail clickie but theyre all black right? And it wouldn't look right with the older Surefire grey. Also I need a new bulb but don't want to pay a fortune for a brighter one...any ideas???
2010-03-22175728.jpg

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a McClicky and replace the guts in your current tailcap with it.
Then you will have a clicky and be able to lock it out with an 1/8-1/4 turn and it will look the same.

Bulbs?...Try LumensFactory

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
sweet where do I get a McClicky ?
Buy a McClicky and replace the guts in your current tailcap with it.
Then you will have a clicky and be able to lock it out with an 1/8-1/4 turn and it will look the same.

Bulbs?...Try LumensFactory

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
I put a similar one in my g2z but it chewed up the tailcap. Is the Mcclicky easier to install in the older e1e?
Thanks.
cp
theledguy.com,
I think they are only like $8 or something and they are ultra reliable!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put a similar one in my g2z but it chewed up the tailcap. Is the Mcclicky easier to install in the older e1e?
Thanks.
cp

Just remove everything from the old one and screw in the McClicky.

VERY EASY!:wave:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Z57 is the model number of the gray hard anodized clicky switch that Surefire makes for the E-series lights.

vtunderground

Enlightened
Surefire Z57 is the model number of the gray hard anodized clicky switch that Surefire makes for the E-series lights.

If you wanted to switch to a Z57 clicky tailcap (which is what I recommend, too), you could sell that old twisty tailcap on the CPF Marketplace for a few bucks. They're pretty hard to come by these days, and tend to sell fast. I think I sold mine for $30.

ejot

Enlightened
Yes you could just put a "want to trade" thread up in the MP looking for a Z57, and you would make somebody very happy. :grin2:

edit: You could probably trade that whole light for a brand new, olive/natural anodize, minty fresh E1e with tail clicky, and make someone very happy.

Last edited:

phxccw

Newly Enlightened
sounds like you have one???
Yes you could just put a "want to trade" thread up in the MP looking for a Z57, and you would make somebody very happy. :grin2:

edit: You could probably trade that whole light for a brand new, olive/natural anodize, minty fresh E1e with tail clicky, and make someone very happy.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also get the clicky from LightHound.

If you have trouble unscrewing the final plastic piece at the bottom (which you most likely will) don't force it. Put it in a small ziplock bag and boil it in water for 10 minutes. Then unscrew it while still hot. This usually softens the glue and makes removal much easier - you will end up with nice clean threads that the clickie will easily screw into.