• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Battery Adapters; Complete Listing; New designs and Clearance Sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic

New sales thread can be found here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ns-Dummy-cells-Customs!&p=3717111#post3717111

Odd Mods Battery Adapters

The battery adapters listed below are a marriage of semi-common fasteners with semi-complicated milled and drilled plastic parts and hand-cut copper pieces. The plastics used are primarily acetal and nylon, except where clear plastic is noted or pictured (acrylic). Milling, drilling, cutting, punching, threading, grinding and assembly operations are performed by myself with an assortment of tools in the garage.

CUSTOM ADAPTERS
customs.jpg

Pricing starts at $69-$99 for the first unit of most designs. Contact me via email (bottom of post) or PM with your adapter needs for a quote. Ordering multiples has significant price/unit benefits.

Product Offerings and Availability (as of 7-18-11):

Please Read:
Availability and pricing are listed below each product. Availability information is updated every few days or so, and should be considered up-to-date. If you have questions about availability or pricing or payment, please ask them in a response to this thread whenever it is reasonable to do so, (this will help me keep my PM box under control!). -Thank You

-------

3x17670 for SureFire M6

3x17670black.jpg

• Series wired for ~11.1V operating voltage with 3x3.7V cells.
  • All brass contacts for cells and flashlight springs.
  • Alignment rods keep adapter in proper alignment whether cells are installed or not.
  • Easy side-load design, no dis-assembly required for loading; new larger custom thumb nut for quick retaining and loosening of cells.
  • Polarity indicators for each cell slot.

~8 available

$30.00 Each

Add $2.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $2.75 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $0.75 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts and availability confirmation.

Instructions and Information (please read!)

Great results with LumensFactory HO-M6R and IMR-M6 bulbs. Use an FM bi-pin socket for use with the popular 1185 and 1331 bulbs (careful about insta-flash!) Various LED tower modules and custom assemblies may also be compatible.

Loading and unloading is easy; adjust the thumb nut on the side with the deeper recess and slide the end caps into position to accept cell length, insert a 17670 cell in each slot orienting the positive end of each cell towards the red recessed indicator "dot," and negative towards the black. Clasping with hand, insure that each cell is seated fully then tighten thumb nut to secure cells in place. If you want an extra strong grip on the cell, a *slight* twist with a pair of pliers on the thumb nut is fine but not necessary.

Insert the adapter into the M6 body with the adjusting-thumb nut facing the tail-cap. Technically speaking, either direction will work, but this will orient for normal polarity and would be important if used with an LED tower or head.

-------

2x18650 For SureFire M6

2x18650black.jpg

• Series wired for ~7.4V operating voltage with 2x3.7V cells.
  • All brass contacts for cells and flashlight springs.
  • Double support rod design keeps end-caps in alignment at all times.
  • Easy side-load design, no dis-assembly required for loading; use 2 easy to adjust thumb nuts for cell retention and removal.
  • Polarity indicators for each cell slot.

~8 available

$30.00 Each

Add $2.75 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $0.75 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts and availability confirmation.

Information: (please read!)

For use in SureFire M6 model flashlights. Many bulb options are possible with this adapter depending on which cells are used. Examples include: MN15, MN16, MN20, MN21 (with proper cells), HO-M3T, EO-M3T, FM bi-pin adapter with WA1111, 64250, GE787, 64275 (with IMR cells and custom shimming/cutting/grinding), and more! Note: SF HOLA lamps and most bi-pin bulb options are more susceptible to premature failure when driven by 2x18650 cells. Stick to the SF LOLA or LF bulbs to maximize reliability.

--------------------------------

3AA-18AA adapters for mag bodies.
3aa-18aa.jpg

• Excellent cell retention provided by a combination of flat brass contacts and cell retaining pocket design
  • More refined look and feel and function than previous designs
  • Easy side loading design means cells can be removed for charging without hassle
  • Pack charging is also easy with included alligator jacks/wires (except 3AA)
  • Thicker Delrin end caps and intermediate spacer for better overall rigidity and deeper cell pockets
  • Delrin support rods keep all components in alignment and protect the unit from damage when cells are not loaded
  • Easier tightening/loosening with thumb nut
  • Compatible with any type of AA or 14500 size cell. 14.5mm pocket diameter means even the slightly larger than normal AA size cells will fit. Button top or Flat top works fine since both ends of every cell installed are in contact with their own raised brass contact.

Pricing and availability for Series Wired 3AA, 6AA, 9AA, 12AA, 15AA, and 18AA adapters is listed below.

"Parallel" Wired (end to end cells in series, side by side in parallel) adapters are available upon request and lead time is generally ~1 week. Pricing is the same as the series wired units listed below.

-------

3AA > 1D ~3.6V, for flat top or button top cells

~9 Available

$28.00 each

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts.

*Designed for use in cut-down and re-threaded "1D" length MagLite's. Actual adapter length with cells installed may vary. Compatibility with other flashlights not guaranteed. Not Stackable!
I recommend checking out CPF member wquiles here in the customs BST for cut-down mags for these...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

6AA > 2D ~7.2V, for flat top or button top cells

~5 Available

$35.00 each

Add $3.50 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $5.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, $1.50 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 2D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

9AA > 3D ~10.8V, for flat top or button top cells

~9 Available

$42.00 each

Add $4.50 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $6.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $1.75 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 3D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

12AA > 4D ~14.4V, for flat top or button top cells

~5 Available

$49.00 each

Add $4.50 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $6.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $1.75 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 4D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

15AA > 5D ~18.0V, for flat top or button top cells

Coming soon

18AA > 6D ~21.6V, for flat top or button top cells

~4 Available

$63.00 each

Add $6.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $10.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $3.00 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? That would be silly...

*Designed for use in 6D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

21AA > 6D ~25.2V, for button top cells

21AA.jpg

Build-to-order availability. Payment is not required until the adapter is ready to ship. Just let me know if you want one.

$70.00 each

Add $6.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $10.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $3.00 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? That would be silly...

*Designed for use in 6D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top cells. Some flat top cells may work, others might not.

"Dummy" Cells:

AAdummy.jpg

• Solid Delrin construction
  • Heavy brass electrical contacts
  • Low electrical resistance
AA: $4.50 each, or 5 for $20. -In stock now

All other sizes and custom sizes are currently build-to-order. Pricing from ~$5-10 each depending on size. Contact for price quote.

Dummy cells ship free when purchased with an adapter; Otherwise...

Add $3.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity.

Add $5.00 for international shipping of up to 10 dummy cells.

Quantity discounts available. Contact me if interested in bulk dummy cells.

COMING THIS FALL: The Odd Mods Odd Box Floating Survival Light

That pesky fine print stuff... "lawyer talk" [PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING]

I'm not a lawyer, so I'll use english instead :)
I sell these adapters with the assumption that the receiving party has an understanding of electronic circuits and the dangers they could potentially present. But for obvious liability reasons, these adapters do not come with any batteries. Beginners in the realm of modifying flashlights should feel free to ask questions in this thread, or in one of the many appropriate places on this forum to build up a proper understanding of the modifications intended before attempting to modify a flashlight with an after-market adapter. Use of these adapters may void warranties of some flashlights. Please take responsibility and understand the risks.

Payment Instructions:​

Send Payment via Paypal to [email protected]
Only send payment for adapters listed with availability above. (with enough quantity remaining)

Please make note that you have sent payment and what for in this thread. I will generally go to the post office 1 or 2 times per week. I will generally make note of when your order has shipped here in the sales thread. If you have any questions about your order feel free to contact me via email.

Please include CPF username and order details in paypal notes.

Thank You for Looking!

I look forward to your order,
Cheers!
Eric

-----------

Previous Thread references:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/223785
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195976
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2346677#post2346677
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/204701

Last edited:

csa

Enlightened
Sweet adaptors! Makes me want to revisit some of the maglight mods I've been contemplating.

mdocod

Flashaholic
jvcjvcjvcjvc said:
Btw: can you also make 2x18650 to 2D adapters for in MagLite 2D use?

Theoretically yes, I haven't had time to pursue the side-by-side lineup for mags. Keep in mind that it would require a duel-bore applied to the body of the light to fit the cells. Check in on my sales thread once and awhile, when I start making them they will be pictured and available for sale. I can't promise any time-frame unfortunately.

------

jvcjvcjvcjvc,
Nebuchadnezzar,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
Eric

Rommul

Enlightened
Any possibility of a 4x18650 adapter skinny enough to fit the Elle II (42mm or less)?

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello Rommul,

I did this project a few weeks ago for another CPF member:

100_4136.jpg

He needed a parallel configuration of 4 18650s.

We ran into a few unforeseen glitches that required some additional work to get it up and working but from what I understand it is up and working now. That version pictured is designed to fit the "flats" inside of those square body lights.

I do take up some elephant body custom adapter orders once and awhile. It depends on feasibility of the project. Let me know specifically what you had in mind as far as the cell wiring and such. 1-offs aren't cheap though so keep that in mind.

Eric

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
Theoretically yes, I haven't had time to pursue the side-by-side lineup for mags. Keep in mind that it would require a duel-bore applied to the body of the light to fit the cells. Check in on my sales thread once and awhile, when I start making them they will be pictured and available for sale. I can't promise any time-frame unfortunately.

No no, not two cells side by side, but in one line. A light-weight 7.4 V batterypack in a cheap non-bored 2D. Preferable very durable and waterproof or screw-on cover.

Simply a 32mm delrin rod with a 18mm hole in it will also do.

EDIT: Some 32mm delrin rods just popped up on eBay UK :)

Last edited:

naes150

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for:
6AA to 2D Adapter = $34.00
Shipping = $3.50
Total = $37.50
TY TY

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi jvcjvcjvcjvcjvcjvcjvcjvcjvc,

Ah, I get it now.

You can buy 1.25" diameter acetyl tube/bushing stock with a 0.75" ID. That would work fine.

Here's a link:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23867&catid=439

Woops, just noticed, you're in Europe, check out plastic vendors online over there, someone is very likely to have a metric similar equivalent.

--------------

naes150,

Order Shipped!

Thank You,
Eric

mdocod

Flashaholic
Sounds like a heck of an investment :)

If I sell enough battery adapters before I place my next order I'll try to remember to pick up a few feet of something like that and make it available.

Eric

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
I might also try to fabricate something from wood. I've a lot of Festool stuff in the garage, time to use it.

Btw: received the 9AA Adapter. Very pleased with the quality. Also easy to take out the cells (I charge the cells separately).

:twothumbs

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello iso9009,

PM received.

Quoting myself from he first post of this thread:
mdocod said:
If you have questions about availability or pricing or payment, please ask them in a response to this thread whenever it is reasonable to do so, (this will help me keep my PM box under control!). -Thank You

Eric

mdocod

Flashaholic
What are most people using those 2d/6aa adapters for? Mag 85's?

6AA cells is best for driving the ROP/WA1111/64250/5761/64275 bulb types (for high output stuff with mods to handle heat).

Or, much simpler thing, would be just slapping a 6C/D mag xenon bulb under the hood, they do work pretty nice as well.

The 9AA is the common NIMH configuration for an 1185 build :)

Eric

E-J-J

Enlightened
SF M6 2×18650 :takeit:

Is sending out to Japan possible?

Thank you very much.
E-J-J

Status
Not open for further replies.