Undressing the Xtar 18700

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok , I undressed a Xtar 18700 for you guys ..

As can be seen in the pictures there is a pad to protect the PCB from shock , as well at the front is a broad cap to take impact and distribute energy to the strongest part of the battery evenly . Also there is a plastic pad in place to help protect against impact damage [ possibly extra protection against shorting ] . So looks like some thought has gone into designing , and making a more impact resistant battery .

And from what I could see , it looks like great care was used in assembling the battery .

Now we can see where that extra length is needed .

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the texture/feel of the thing between the protection curcuit and the battery? is it a "washer" type of pad, or a whole round piece? Is it more like foam tape (say) or hearty foam rubber, or harder plastic?
(beings you got it apart now)
in the 5th picture , Blue with no connection strip shown, did you clip the connection strip off? looks weird.

Last edited:

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now all they need to do is make it 65mm long, or to you battery geeks, an 18650. :)

Dave

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
what is the texture/feel of the thing between the protection curcuit and the battery? is it a "washer" type of pad, or a whole round piece? Is it more like foam tape (say) or hearty foam rubber, or harder plastic?
(beings you got it apart now)
in the 5th picture , Blue with no connection strip shown, did you clip the connection strip off? looks weird.

Some form of rubber , reasonably dense or firm .

And as for length , all my P60 hosts handle it just fine .