Lumenaries

dkavanagh

Newly Enlightened
Just getting into the flashlight collecting thing. I have a 20+ yr old maglight that has served me well, and going to order a nice Fenix 180 lumen light... can't wait!

Anyway, I thought there might be a name for flashlight geeks already.. like foodies for food geeks.. if not, how about... wait for it....

lumenaries

:)

David

cistallus

Enlightened
I like the play on words - makes us sound quite distinguished. :)

But FYI the "accepted" name for us is: flashaholics

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway, I thought there might be a name for flashlight geeks already..
Look right under my name and you will see what we call ourselves. Love you idea though.:grin2:

EDIT: DOH!:ohgeez: I just realized my "level 2 benefactor" sign replaced the Flashaholic label. Oh well.:shrug:

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, David. Maybe we just need a few more steps before attaining "Flashaholic" status. "Lumenary" could be one.

Geoff

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just getting into the flashlight collecting thing. I have a 20+ yr old maglight that has served me well, and going to order a nice Fenix 180 lumen light... can't wait!

Anyway, I thought there might be a name for flashlight geeks already.. like foodies for food geeks.. if not, how about... wait for it....

lumenaries

I have a suggestion...lets uses flashaholics inside the forum...nothing like raw humor....

but lets use Lumenaries outside these doors....more sophisticated and It reminds me of

(light) Missionaries!

csa

Enlightened
Because we're always "bringing the light" to those who are unenlightened.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
Actually I kind of like Lumenarie better then flashaholic. An alcoholic has an alcohol problem and many times they tend to buy whatever alcohol is available in order to satisfy their problem. Kind of like many flashaholics sometimes go through an stage that makes em buy all sorts of lights even the cheap stuff in order to satisfy their huh problem. I know I went through that stage at one time.
A lumenarie sounds like the kind of guy/girl that has a good taste in flashlights. Her or she tends to stay away from the cheap 99 cent store flashlights, except in the name of science of course :D