Enloops featuring colors?

Illum

Flashaholic
http://sanyo.com/news/2009/11/05-1.html
http://www.japantrends.com/sanyo-eneloop-tones-speak-color-to-power/

I wonder what was the significance in different colors? most gadgets won't let you see what batteries are used anyway:shrug:
w9wq50.jpg

don.gwapo

Enlightened
He he dunno know what the significant is but i'll take the pink and give it to my gf. I'm sure she will like it coz it's her favorite color. :D

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Attention grabbers for all of the hipsters out there but most high tech gadgets usually have their own Lion battery installed, ie; cellphones/smart phones and I-Pods, but then again, I am not a hipster so I wouldn't know all of the toys that they use. What's nice is that they are a good product with a mass appeal relabeling which more often than not you usually get a great label and a not so hot product and or the other way around.

I wonder which colors won't sell that will wind up for sale at a discount price and what ever happened to Candy Apple Red.:shrug:

The challenge now will be selecting the correct battery color that won't clash with your EDC.:ironic:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
I get it now, I just read the two articles and you have to buy the rainbow pack.:oops:Lets see if a group buy pops up in the Marketplace, it's like buying a pack of skittles, "Experience The Rainbow". I'll say it's kinda hard getting my mind around having to mix different colored batteries especially with having"never mix different batteries and battery chemistries"pounded into your head. Forget having the batteries clash with my EDC, my batteries will now clash with themselves but then again, there is no such thing as bad press or at least that's what they say.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Saabgoblin,

You don't have to mix colors... simply purchase several rainbow packs and you can match colors... :)

Tom

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the dark blue....matches the colour of our car.

Pink & purple for the wife...

"I thought you had enough batteries!!!"

"But honey, these one are different....they have coloured labels" :D

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
Didn't we decide in the other thread that they weren't likely to be available in the US?

Hmmm.... I wonder if I could start a custom re-coloring service for batteries. Send me your batteries and I'll remove the old outer wrapper and put a colorful new sleeve on it.

Maybe have custom graphics available for an extra fee.

Ohmic

Newly Enlightened
I have a very small shipment of these coming in from Japan.

I desperately wanted a pack, so it worked out more economical to add a couple more packs to the shipping box to spread the cost of shipping over more packs.

They have not arrived yet, but I can post again when they get here. Should only be a another week or so.

However these cost me a decent amount per pack of 8AA, due to the shipping (I live in Australia), and also the cost charged to me by my agent in Japan that hunts these down.

I am sorry if I have sidetracked the thread, I am merely informing people that it is possible to get these if you don't live in Japan. I am in no way a dealer or retail seller, just a casual hobbyist that likes rare items and is willing to help fellow electronics/flashlight enthusiasts.

As soon as I saw these I just had to have some:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ohmic

Newly Enlightened
Well until they are easily available without paying $$$$ for shopping and shipping there is always one of these :)

I am not sure if they will ever be easily available unless you live in Japan.

The Eneloop 'tones' are a limited edition Japan only release to celebrate some huge quantity of Eneloops sold worldwide. (100 million or so I believe).

For some enthusiasts/flashaholics the price is well worth it:twothumbs

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat, but I still like the original white ones. I never really understood the whole thing with different colored electronic items. They wouldn't make that stuff if it didn't sell though.

I remember that my ex-girlfriend used to buy electronic items based purely on what color they were, like those Eneloop batteries. I was shocked that anyone would actually buy a digital camera, phone, or stereo based solely on that criteria and nothing else. :ohgeez:

There's a reason why she's my ex-girlfriend! :D

McAllan

Enlightened
I don't care much about the color. Although I can see it from a practical point since you can use different colors for your different sets so you won't get a heavily used one mixed into some new and strong ones and vice verse.

If only they would start using heat shrink tubing again instead of the sticker wrapping they're using now.
All my cells that are shrink tube wrapped are as good as new while the sticker wrapped ones are not. 1000 recharges... Yeah right. If the wrapping can take it :thumbsdow

Does anybody know where to get thin heat shrink tubing? The ordinary stuff available in every electronic store is too thick. Once had some anonymous Chinese cells with the nicest wrapping I've ever seen. Smooth heat shrink tube of extremely durable plastic. If only I could get some of that to wrap my sticker wrapped cells in. And to stick to the subject would be nice with different colors to match the different sets.