Single AAA lights?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Check out the Maratac AAA from Countycomm. ITP A3 is another that's essentially the same light in a slightly different body.

Geoff

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a plain and simple single mode have a look at the new Nextorch K1.

As the A3 has been mentioned which is my most used light I am going to order the K1 for myself to give it a go.

notsofast

Enlightened
ITP A3 comes in 2 flavors, a 3 mode and a 1 mode model. I think there is a $2 price difference.

Having a choice of brightness is usually a good thing.

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
I have been EDC'ng the Eos A3 (3-mode) for a couple of months now, and am quite pleased. It has three well-spaced output levels, a beautiful beam, and a very smooth twisty UI. The only thing I don't care for much is the M-L-H output sequence, but I can live with it. It sits in my pocket literally unnoticed -- until I need a light. At just over $20 it's a steal!

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I have recently received the ITP A3 three mode "upgrade" version from Shiningbeam and am very very pleased. It lives on my keyring very comforatbly. Small, very light and quite strong feeling. The Medium/low/high UI order is the perfect order for me.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted the simplest light for my AAA keyring type of light and went with the Ultrafire 602c and am very satisfied with it.

One mode, no clicky, twists in the middle to turn on and off. Unscrew it one turn, squeeze and it functions as a momentary switch as well!

Bright, nothing to break, and just barely bigger than the AAA battery itself at about $15 with free shipping.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
AAA lights are great because of their small size, easy to obtain batteries, and acceptable amount of power in the cell for its size.

The Arc AAA was one of the best fits for its time (and still is). But a Peak Eiger is just as small and has a Rebel high power LED. To me it is great given its performace to size ratio. It only has one output mode but can be ordered to what level you would typically want to use. Other AAA lights have the advantage of multiple output levels at the expense of increased size. For a keychain light I would want the very smallest possible AAA light.

trampasc

Newly Enlightened
I received the iTP A3 EOS upgrade a couple of weeks ago. It is a great light that I have EDC ever since.

joe1512

Enlightened
Goinggear also has itp lights of all varieties including stainless steel (good for keychain and looks nicer), several colors of aluminum, and even a titanium one. They have 10% off coupon and also free shipping if you order 50 bucks worth of stuff. (like if you got your dad and your dad in law or mom or whatever one too).

I highly recommend loading it up with a L92 Ultimate Lithium battery. You get a slight brightness bump due to higher voltage and it doesnt fall off so fast.
Also, unlike alkaline it will not leak. It works in cold weather, and is better at higher drain applications, and has more runtime.

They are fairly common at electronics stores and house supply shops(home despot, etc) and are reasonably cheap.

Latest posts