5,500 Members by 2004

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like one of the things that CPFers like to do is introduce people to great lights. The more people that sign up as members, the more successful this community effort is.

On 11/24/02 (while eating a turkey,gravey and stuffing sandwich) I posted a thread entitled "Will CPF have 3000 Members by 2003?" 3,000 Members There were very few affirmative responses to that possibility.

At that time CPF had 2825 members.

I like estimates. I think I like estimates because I'm math challenged and being able to estimate moderately well; I can occasionally figure out what the best answer is. When I'm right I feel smart and that doesn't happen as often as it should.

On 12/06/02 (while eating a steak sandwich) I posted:

"We are now at 2933. That's 53 in six days. 67 to go. 24 days to do it.

Anybody else seeing 3000 by 2003?

How about 5000 in the next year? "

There were no affirmative responses to that possibility.

On 12/12/02 I posted:

[ QUOTE ]
Icebreak said:
At 9:10:10 p.m. board time, I see our 3002nd member, rhodiman mem # 3007. I can't identify mem # 3005, Our 3000th member because they have not posted yet.

3000 MEMBERS Before 2003 ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CPF now has 4500 members. I'm pretty sure 5,000 is a sure thing this year. My new estimate is that by EOB 12/31/03 CPF will be at 5,500 members.

What do you guys think?

I'm very serious about estimates, however, Smart Alec replies are encouraged.

arioch

Enlightened
Mmmm ... turkey, gravy, and stuffing sammich ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

Mmmm ... steak sammich ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I always bet there will be more folks here tomorrow than today. And I`m right way more than I should be. This outstanding success has been acomplished while eating anything and everything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
when I mention to people that a I frequent a place called candle power forums, they just laugh. I've mentioned to some where it can be found and I wonder, did they? I found it and became (enchanted) for lack of a better word, but I seem to have found my flashlight equilibrium(saturation point) , where one more light, just to have one doesn't seem like a good idea. Heresy I know, but I've learned to become more selective. That's because I own a wide range of lights from 3 mil cp spotlight to the ultra G, with bulbs and led's galore. I sell lights when I get one that is better for it's pupose. I won't sell my McLux, but I sold the micro illuminator because the arc LS was better, in my opinion. I orered the firefly, and have high expectations for that light. Sorry, I just realized none of this was on topic and rather than erase it, I'll just go.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think this thread will die pretty quickly. I'll probably bump it when we get close to 5,000 and 5,500 to keep a record of our growth milestones. I'm still a little amazed there are so many people that realize it's normal to demand and own great lights.

[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
when I mention to people that a I frequent a place called candle power forums, they just laugh. I've mentioned to some where it can be found and I wonder, did they?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seemed pretty much on topic to me.

Though the topic is CPF Membership growth rate; I meant this to be a pretty loose topic... Things like what this growth means to us, what does it do for the education and empowerment of society, isn't it cool that CPF attracts so many sharp and friendly people, why is Darell so incredibly smart, what flashlight is the best EDC when wearing Speedos, is Hawaii closer to Mars or Saturn, what year is it, what is your favorite sammich, or snack to eat while logged in...all fine with me.