• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

●=●=● FS: Double Grooved Titanium Light ●=●=●

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Double Grooved Titanium RCR123 Light

Vertical-1.jpg

DLCwithjellybeansinback.jpg

DG.jpg

Photo of the bare Ti DG Ti Light and DLC DG Light by jch79.

DG Ti Light Specs

• This is a twist-operation light—just turn the head to turn the light on and off.
  • Powered by AW's RCR123 Lithium Ion battery—included in the sale, btw. A custom silicone foam ring stops the battery from rattling.
  • Driver is a single-stage 14mm driver from the Sandwich Shoppe—the GD750, which delivers 750mA to the LED. This driver will work with either a primary CR123 or the rechargeable RCR123 Lithium Ion battery.
  • LED is a Seoul P4 emitter, bin U3SVNH, which is a slightly warm, albeit still a cool-white, tint.
  • Light engine is machined from 7075AL.
  • Lens is a 1.5mm thick, double-sided anti-reflection coated Sapphire lens.
  • The reflector is a smooth IMS 20mm reflector, which was trimmed to fit the LE.
  • Light is O-ring sealed for waterproofness, but is not designed for diving.
  • Body of the light is machined from 6AL4V Titanium.
  • The bottom of the battery tube has been milled to accept up to five Tritium vials, the 1.55mm x 5.5mm style. No Tritium vials are installed, nor do I have any for sale, sorry.
  • Split ring hole and slot allows for tail standing of the light.
  • Diameter: 24mm/.95"; length: 71.60mm/2.82"; weight: 74gms/2.6 ounces.
Two versions are available for sale:
  1. Bare Titanium—these were either tumbled and polished, or just buffed and polished, so they are very smooth with few, to no, machine marks remaining.
  2. DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated—an extremely tough wearing, almost as hard as diamonds, coating that is pitch black and very sensuous, yet quite stealthy looking at the same time.
Only 54 pieces in total were produced, with 50 being offered for sale. I have only 12 pieces in the bare Ti and eventually there will be 38 pieces of the DLC DGs for sale, although only 12 pieces are being offered at this time.

This light will not be produced again, so only 50 DG Ti Lights will be sold.

For sale:

Uncoated, bare Ti DGs—price $375.
DLC coated Ti DGs—price $400.

Additional, empty LEs are also available for $20 each—they take a standard 14mm diameter driver.

All postpaid via First Class Mail to the U.S. with Delivery Confirmation. For insurance or other mail service, please PM, or e-mail me. Any loss due to non-delivery by the Post Office will be your responsibility, unless you have paid for insurance.

PayPal cash to: PayCashPal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal with credit card to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Since PayPal often does not forward your payment details, please send an e-mail to fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com detailing what you are ordering.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jv01

Newly Enlightened
ill take 1 DLC coated Ti DGs—price $400. thanks jv

paypal sent RECIEVED LIGHT TODAY THANKS FOR THE GREAT SERVICE JV 4/1/2010

Last edited:

paintballdad

Enlightened
Fred, awesome stuff as always. I wish i can afford more of your nice work, i guess my Blocky Boy and DLC Killer will do for now.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful light ! :thumbsup:
One question; Is it on or off, when the head and body are twisted & locked ?

Natbyte

Newly Enlightened
I'll take one bare Ti DG, paypal to follow. Payment made Unique Transaction ID #0SA80046CR706762F

Last edited:

Natbyte

Newly Enlightened
Hi Fred, PM replied chosen shipping fee sent via paypal.

Many thanks for creating such amazing looking lights.

Cheers

Nathan