How do YOU keep your batteries?

thesinmuffin

Newly Enlightened
I keep my AA in a plastic bag which I then rubber band together so there is no chance that the contacts will touch. I keep CR123 in the original packaging so the plastic seal is still covering the contacts. What about you?

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
For CR123s you can get free containers from your local camera store or photo shop - anywhere they develop film (ask your parents). Kodak came out with a new camera some years ago called Advantix. It used a special film that came in containers like those for 35mm film except, instead of being round in cross-section, they are elliptical and hold a pair of CR123s perfectly. They will usually give them to you for free since they are about to recycle them and re-purposing them is even better.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
dscn2459m.jpg

Drop ins..
dscn2391s.jpg

Niconical

Enlightened
Top drawer of a 3 drawer set.
(Middle drawer is flashlights and accessories, bottom drawer is chargers)

Batterydrawer.jpg

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened
For CR123s you can get free containers from your local camera store or photo shop - anywhere they develop film (ask your parents). Kodak came out with a new camera some years ago called Advantix. It used a special film that came in containers like those for 35mm film except, instead of being round in cross-section, they are elliptical and hold a pair of CR123s perfectly. They will usually give them to you for free since they are about to recycle them and re-purposing them is even better.

You don't happen to have a photo of these cases do you? My sister in law works in a photo processing lab at the local target and I will see if she can get me some of these.

RepProdigious

Enlightened
I carry my 123's with me in one of these:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26310

Only thing i didnt like was that the cells rattle a bit in there so i added a nice rubbery strip thing on the inside to keep em put. When i switch out a cell i put the used one back in the case upside-down so i know which ones are in need of some fresh power.

And all my other cells are basically the same; all in cases that hold a few!

cckw

Newly Enlightened
The colored boxes are for rifle ammo. Reloaders use them. the white boxes for AA are great, rubber inside. but don't know where I got them. I have a lot more batteries in the colored boxes these days.

409.jpg

Last edited:

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
No gunshops in this country. :mecry: (Yeah, five or something.)

The Ni-Mh's in a Festool Mini-systainer with insert.

The Li-ions (not yet in use) in a ziplock bag in a small box in the fridge.

aim54x

Newly Enlightened
WOW....I just use the holders that the Imedions come with. My spare 18650 just sits in my bag in the little zipped compartment along with my victorinox Climber and a lighter

Last edited:

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
The guys that posted pics of their battery containers: What do you do about rotating your stock?

I didn't see any dates written on them, so how do you keep track of which are the oldest (so you use them first)?

I realize you may use that many batteries in a given amount of time.....but don't you want to use the oldest first?

McAllan

Enlightened
I use these Ansmann boxes capable of storing 8 AA, AAA or CR123A cells.

What I really like about them is that they can be stacked together. See the enlarged picture and you should be able to see a vertical grove in the middle.

In the past I used a home made array made out of a piece of wood with drilled holes for AA. Still have it but don't get much use after I've discovered the Ansmann boxes which also keeps out dust. Use it occasionally when I get a stack of alkalines or similar for some obscure reason.

I don't keep track of my cells as such but I do keep them as paired as possible my marking them with set numbers with two cells the same number and if using more then two cells then as possible use two sets followed by each other with the odd number the lowest. And of course don't mix brands/capacities.
As for rotation I just do it by gefühl. With LSD cells it really doesn't matter that much. The same for occasional discharging before charging and health checks they're not scheduled either. Not 100% optimal but really shouldn't matter unless you're the type who only eats bread and water to save every dime or use your gear in outer space where you gladly complicate things greatly to get the very last % extra performance and/or security.
When I encounter cells that are too worn out they're sent to recycling. So far that has only been non LSD cells.