Need some LED HELP?

jarhead14

Newly Enlightened
I need some of everyone's expert help out there..! I have been building my LED bike light, it seems forever. Here are the stats:

2 - 20 mm Triple CREE XP-G R5 boards in series
1 Luxor - Endor Star Triple board
2 - 1000mA 3023 Buckpucks

14.4v 5500 MaH battery pack.

I am using the CopperHead design that I have found on a number of sites.

I have the two CREE boards wired in paralell and the Endor star wired on it's own buck. The problem I am having is that I have full power to the Cree board closest to the buck and only 9.6v to the one farthest away (2").

Can anyone give me some input as to how to remedy my situation? I am getting to the point of chucking everything......However, the wife wouldn't be happy with that.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated

nbp

Flashaholic
Hi Jarhead!

:welcome:

This particular subforum is just for questions involving the administrative aspects of the forum as a whole. Your particular question would be better suited for the homemade/modified section, or transportation lighting subforum, or even the LED section. You will no doubt get good response and helpful advice there.

Hope you enjoy your stay here. :grin2:

BrianMc

Enlightened
:welcome:

Can you send cell phone pics? That would help.

In case you don't know: You will need to host your photos on a photo hosting site. Double click pictures in one of the other threads here to get on one. The site will help you register so you can load other pics later. Upload your shots, then paste the forum shortcut in your response and you're good to go!

I have no idea, what the issue is, but maybe pictures would provide some clues. I do know that cold solder joints can cause interesting resistance problems.

Welcome and good luck.

znomit

Enlightened
I have the two CREE boards wired in paralell and the Endor star wired on it's own buck. The problem I am having is that I have full power to the Cree board closest to the buck and only 9.6v to the one farthest away (2").

Why run these in parallel? Just run one.