Getting that itch

almach1

Newly Enlightened
itch for buying another light.

Thinking of a Thrunight Catapult to compliment my TK40.

the only thing maybe keeping me waiting is the TK45. Any other suggestions?

recDNA

Flashaholic
If it were me I'd go for the Catapult. I doubt the TK45 will outthrow it. I have a TK40 too. I never expect any light to beat it in all honesty.

almach1

Newly Enlightened
If it were me I'd go for the Catapult. I doubt the TK45 will outthrow it. I have a TK40 too. I never expect any light to beat it in all honesty.
i agree in terms of beam profile. my TK10 gives me 2nd best beam profile I have seen in a pocket-able form factor.

joe1512

Enlightened
So what is the catapult gonna buy you that the TK40 does not? It will throw a bit better, but overall brightness is similar. (remember, it takes a good 30% more brightness for our eyes to even notice!)

Wouldn't you rather get a cool keychain light instead? Or a new XP-G 2xCR123 light? Or a throw-to-flood one?

Or save your cash up and get a XTAR Howitzer or Olight Intimidator for ultimate throw. At least those would be SIGNIFICANTLY brighter and more throwy than what you already have.

I'd say to consider getting a significantly different light category than what you already have.

almach1

Newly Enlightened
I just got a ldo1 2 weeks ago. Love that light. Looking for a flashlight so I don't have to share my tk40 with the womenz. Icamping season is coming up.

Noctis

Enlightened
I had the itch for P60 drop-ins. I'll probably take a hit of -$400 because of that <_<

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've also been itching for another purchase.

Not having a suitable excuse, my wife pipes up today that she wants a small yet bright light as her maglite she asked for for Christmas was too big (women?).

After figuring out what she wants I've settled for the TK20. Simple, bright (relative to battery source) and tough.

I offered her my EX10 but it was too small. It had to be, "About the size of yours (TK40) but smaller." What the?

Latest posts