Soft clicks on the Quark Preon

batmanacw

Enlightened
I have never seen it mentioned, but the Quark Preon still retains the ability to soft click to change modes. This was a feature I really liked in the Quark and Fenix lights, but thought I was giving it up on the Preon.

I just bought the Titanium/aluminum version and received it yesterday. I think this is my new favorite light!

Its a beautiful light. The finish is very professional. The beam has a wider hot spot that is just about perfect for what I need it for, and it has one of the smoothest and cleanest beams/spills I have seen in a light of this type.

This will be my new work light since I can keep it in my shirt pocket and get it out in a heartbeat. My customers have been dumbfounded by the great lights I always seem to have with me, but now they are going to be raving!

What a great little light!

sjmack

Newly Enlightened
I have the same aluminum / titanium version of the Preon II. I love it except for the small amount of movement I get from the batteries side to side in it. It's a perfect EDC light for urban environments where you don't need throw.

carrot

Flashaholic
Yep. Never thought I'd like an AA/AAA based light as much as I do this one. I carry it often and I love the nice wide hotspot.

batmanacw

Enlightened
I have a slight silent wobble, but it does not bother me a bit. The more I play with this light the more I like it. The soft click ability was just icing on the cake.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to find other Preon appreciators! I shirt or pants pocket carry my Preon II everyday. Great beam.

You all just made me take it out and shake it though. I never noticed the slight silent battery wobble til now!

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Another preon lover here. It's just a great light-duty edc, with such a simple interface and really excellent beam profile.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
really excellent beam profile.

Speaking of beam profile of the Preon 2... I was using it last night and thought to myself, this beam profile looks very familiar. Dug out my trusty old Surefire L4 with the infamous "wall of light" that everyone loved and what do you know, identical!

SF L4 on the left, 4Sevens Preon 2 on the right:
IMG_0292.jpg

Per-Sev

Enlightened
The Preon II is my first titanium light and for the money it can't be beat. I carry mine in both my pants and shirt pocket and sometimes I here the battery noise also but that is a good idea I was trying to think of something for that but I was unsure if I should try anything I did not want to screw anything up in there. What about a wrap of black electrical tape would that be safe or would it get to hot in there a melt the glue from the tape. I don't have a post it I guess you could just use a piece of paper. I have another light coming but I will still carry the Preaon II its just to handy not to carry. I just put one wrap of electrical tape around each battery and no more rattle and the batteries still slide in and out with no problems. :twothumbs

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
ResQTech I was just thinking the same thing today... it is a whole lot like the SF L4 but a heck of a lot smaller. Love it...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I greatly enjoy the Preon as well. But I hated the soft click feature. Put a Preon I tailcap on my Preon II body. Now I've got a kick-@$$ 2AAA penlight that never accidentally turns on in my back-pocket, never goes into the wrong mode, and I can still switch it on with just one hand.

batmanacw

Enlightened
I greatly enjoy the Preon as well. But I hated the soft click feature. Put a Preon I tailcap on my Preon II body. Now I've got a kick-@$$ 2AAA penlight that never accidentally turns on in my back-pocket, never goes into the wrong mode, and I can still switch it on with just one hand.

Kicks butt to have the option!