Elite Flashlights - The Best LED Flashlights, Chargers and Batteries
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DEFT-High Output Got Lux?

Default Re: DEFT-High Output Got Lux?

Yea these lights have to be seen to be believed. Those of you that didn't get one will be kickin' yourself now that production is done.
    Bob
    Polarion PH50 & Night Reaper, AE Xenide 20w, POB 35W, SL Scorpion, SL-35X, POB 55W, Jet Beam Jet-1, DEFT HO & EDC LR, MULE 35/80W HID, Maxa Beam MBS-410.

Got my HO Michael, haven't had a chance to drive to open ground to try it out....thanks.

Can't wait to get mine...hopefully soon!

Good job on the DEFT! It's sad that you have to stop making them...

This is being posted in the HO thread since the final lights are closest to the HO and many people have this thread subscribed to.

This notification is for the final run of DEFTs and is a hybrid of sorts. I have been really busy and unable to get back with many of you lately on a personal level so if this email does not answer your questions fully feel free to email with your questions. I thank you all for your patience and support for what has been over two years of me making the DEFT. It has been a joy and a ton of hard work. For now at least it is time to move on.

These use the HO drivers and glass optics as well as the shock absorbing bezel created originally for the FTP. They also have the same heatsink method as the HO with the LED directly soldered to solid copper for excellent thermal transfer. The only thing they lack from being HOs are the AR coated pre-collimator and the leather lanyard.

This is to notify you that 8 DEFTs, the longest throwing LED flashlight in the world, are available for sale.

The price is $350 plus shipping costs.

This is a first come first served sale.

How to order

Send me an email to "omglumens at gmail dot com" with "DEFT order" in the subject line.

Please provide me with your zip code if you live in the US or, if outside the US, your country so I can calculate shipping. Everything I ship goes via USPS Priority w/ insurance. As always I put the full value of the light on the customs forms and will not under any circumstances do otherwise. That means if you live in a country other than the US you will most likely be obliged to pay a customs or duty fee. Residents of Texas will also be responsible for any state taxes.

So the two things the email should contain are "I want one" and where you live.

After I have had time to figure out who gets what I will send you an email to let you know what your total is and payment instructions. After I send the return email with the total you have 24 hours to remit payment.

Note that I will not accept any order through PM as my CPF inbox cannot handle it. It must be through email.

Thanks everyone! -Michael

is there any way i could put in the precollimater lens in myself? thank you

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by bjs55 View Post
    is there any way i could put in the precollimater lens in myself? thank you
    Actually don't worry about that, this DEFT will in fact have a precollimator lens, that lens just doesn't have anti-reflective coating. It's a nice lens though, glass not plastic.

I asked Michael about it and he said so I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who had this question.

And by the way I ordered mine... Hope you get one before they are gone!
    Last edited by Hellbore; 08-10-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
    Actually don't worry about that, this DEFT will in fact have a precollimator lens, that lens just doesn't have anti-reflective coating. It's a nice lens though, glass not plastic.

I asked Michael about it and he said so I'm glad to see I wasn't the only person who had this question.

And by the way I ordered mine... Hope you get one before they are gone!
    Thanks for answering that one for me. Sorry if it was unclear.

Well that's all folks! They have all been claimed now so unless you got an email from me saying you made it you did not. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all once again for all your support with the DEFT. Although this is the end of the legendary DEFT line I am far from out of ideas.
    Last edited by saabluster; 08-11-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Flashaholic*

Now the question is, what do I do to distract myself while waiting for this light?

My nephew just got a new Nikon D3000 and he's a flashlight nut too, I'm going to ask him to take some really cool beamshot pictures for me out in the desert Maybe we'll test the DEFT's throw on a nice scenic red rock mountain...
    Last edited by Hellbore; 08-11-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    Well that's all folks! They have all been claimed now so unless you got an email from me saying you made it you did not. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all once again for all your support with the DEFT. Although this is the end of the legendary DEFT line I am far from out of ideas.
    Woo-Hoo

Evidently i made it.
    Thanks!

Cant wait to see it, and use it this huntig season.
    Thanks

Flashaholic*

Just out of curiosity (don't be mad!) is there an ETA?

Just curious... Not in any hurry at all. Just wondering. I have never ordered a custom light quite like this so I'm curious what to expect. If you say it is going to be 6 months before they ship, that's fine. Just curious

Mostly just wondering when I can show it off to my friends...

Just out of curiosity (don't be mad!) is there an ETA?

Just curious... Not in any hurry at all. Just wondering. I have never ordered a custom light quite like this so I'm curious what to expect. If you say it is going to be 6 months before they ship, that's fine. Just curious

Mostly just wondering when I can show it off to my friends...
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town on a speaking engagement and although I had the internet on my phone I did not have my password to be able to post on here. The lights start shipping Tuesday and for some locations will probably be there by Friday. Thanks!

Flashaholic*

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was out of town on a speaking engagement and although I had the internet on my phone I did not have my password to be able to post on here. The lights start shipping Tuesday and for some locations will probably be there by Friday. Thanks!
    Wow, so soon! Awesome

My nephew has a really nice camera he just bought, and I bribed him with a Jetbeam C-LE to take some cool beamshot pics for me, so I think he will do a good job

He is a flashaholic too but doesn't have a pocket carry light currently, so we had to fix that!

and here I am eagerly awaiting the mailman

Honestly, cant remember last time i felt so disappointed not seeing a box at my doorstep when i got home.

hope it gets here soon! Can't wait to try it out and see what all the hubub is about.

Quote Originally Posted by h22 View Post

Honestly, cant remember last time i felt so disappointed not seeing a box at my doorstep when i got home.

hope it gets here soon! Can't wait to try it out and see what all the hubub is about.
    Have you tried the USPS tracking? It is much better than it used to be. You may be able to tell where it is and get an idea if it is coming tomorrow or not.

Flashaholic*

If you want some real fun, try this:

http://www.packagetrackr.com/

Not only tells you where it is, but maps it out.
    Finning does help dissipate heat. This is why the fins are removed before cooking fish. Otherwise it will throw off the heat and not reach the proper cooking temperature. --Duglite

I just tried that link Th232 left with the number I gave you and nothing came up so I went and pulled the file for you and found I sent you the wrong number. I was off on one number. The last three numbers should be 093.

I bet they start showing up soon!

I pledge to be Shelf Queen-free by 01/01/11. "Use 'em!"
    My Builds: Mag623 ; RoomSweeper Clone

Flashaholic*

My DEFT arrived today!

I had to work late so no pictures yet.

Beamshots are coming though...

Quote Originally Posted by ejot View Post
    I bet they start showing up soon!

That's hilarious. I had to save that to my computer.

My DEFT arrived today!

I had to work late so no pictures yet.

Beamshots are coming though...

You know how when you go on a trip you always worry about whether you left the stove on or things like that? I just had this sneaking suspicion that I may have forgotten the very last tweak I normally do with these lights. After I tune them with the meter I tighten the head down just a few degrees more to change the focus from what would be 15' to something approaching ∞. I just can't remember if I made that final tiny adjustment on this last shipment. So for guys just getting your lights you can see if you can get a slightly better beam at distance(hundreds of feet) by adjusting it in slightly. Just mark the position of the head relative to the body just in case you need to get it back exactly. Let me know what you guys find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Th232 View Post
    If you want some real fun, try this:

http://www.packagetrackr.com/

Not only tells you where it is, but maps it out.
    Thanks, I think i came across a bit to negative on that post, I really wasn't expecting it till mid or late this week! Just that i surprised myself yesterday afternoon at how disappointed i was when it wasn't there (even though i knew it would't be) .
    Where I live it seems to always take a day or three longer for stuff to arrive, even "next day air" stuff.

I would try the tracking but I seem to have deleated the e-mail you sent with the shipping info . No worries, I am sure it will arrive soon.

Flashaholic*

Well we went out to the desert and took some beamshots! Here they are:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...38#post3502338

Last edited by Hellbore; 08-25-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Excellent photography work, Hellbore. I especially liked the comparison shots, it's pretty hard to get stuff like that done right.
    It's better to have and not need than need and not have.
    South Florida get-together for anyone who's interested!

Well we went out to the desert and took some beamshots! Here they are:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...38#post3502338

Thanks for the link. Great work!

Mine got shipped to the wrong adress

PayPal would not let me update it for some reason when I made the order.
    So i wrote a note on the paypal order, as well as sending an e-mail, that explained the problem, and gave the correct adress.

Will try to go claim it today .

Mine got shipped to the wrong adress

PayPal would not let me update it for some reason when I made the order.
    So i wrote a note on the paypal order, as well as sending an e-mail, that explained the problem, and gave the correct adress.

Will try to go claim it today .
    You are quite right. I sent it to the confirmed address at the top. Sorry about that. I assume they contacted you or something? Let me know how it goes.

Flashaholic*

You are quite right. I sent it to the confirmed address at the top. Sorry about that. I assume they contacted you or something? Let me know how it goes.
    Even if it caused the customer a little bit of inconvenience, it is probably a good thing you sent to the confirmed address.

I know from past experience that if a customer pays you for an item and you ship it to a non-confirmed address, even if it's an address that they entered in Paypal when they sent you the money, and even if you have proof that the item was delivered, the receiver can claim they never received the item and Paypal will usually give them a refund and come after you for the money.

You have to ship to the confirmed address and have proof of delivery (delivery confirmation or tracking number) in order to truly protect yourself as a seller. When I used to sell on Ebay I would not ship to non-confirmed addresses for this reason. I had someone rip me off in the past this way.

Wrong post..
    My Mods.. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...5&postcount=78
    Hobby only, I don't do custom mods as a service, thanks for understanding.

No worries! The guy at the post office actually recognized my name from 2 years ago! so he held onto it for me.
    Picked it up today at lunch. even in bright daylight it shows up fairly good.
    On mine, the head assembly turned on me (I was just checking it over and noticed it turned easier than i was expecting). Shining it against the shop wall, probly 40-50 yards away, the spot seems to cominate the brightes when it is screwed in fairly snug (tighter than it was dekivered i think). I remember you posted something about your not remembering if you did all the finall checks before sending them out (not that i have ever woken up in the middle of the night wondering if i had missed something) , is this possibly what happened? or was it set right and now i need to do some tweeking at distance? In any case, awesome light! the spot is kinda cool looking against a white wall, its very blue around the outside of the spot, and gets whiter as it nears the center. just for laughs i put it up against a freinds Stinger LED (looks like same LED chip, driven at ~1amp) at 30ft it is a smaller, much brighter hot spot (duh!). can't wait for darkness to come!

So this LED is driven at 1.7amp correct? I'm kinda suprized that those little springs can carry that kind of current. I am powering it with the recomended "lithium" energizer AAs'.

Thanks !

Again, no worries on the adress thing, I was more frustrated that PP would not accept the adress change when i placed the order, usually it lets me update it ,but on that order, it just kept defaulting back to the old adress.