How about the SOG Trident Tanto?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at ****s today looking at PT headlamps and what do you know I found something else I think I want, a SOG Trident Tanto. I usually carry nothing but Spyderco but the Trident felt solid and the blade was nice. I didn't want to do a impulse purchase so I thought I would do some researching and see what others think. I guess another reason I didn't buy it was all they had in stock was the black blade finish and I like stainless finish so I came back home and looked on SOG website and they do have a stainless version of this blade. I will probably call ****s tomorrow and see if they have a stainless in stock but as backup I found one in stock at KnifeCenter.com is this a ok place to buy from?

Any thoughts about the knife itself, last thing I want to do right now is buy another knife I won't use or find it's not as good as it looks. Thanks

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live about 30 mins from Nashville we met at the last Cloud Canyon get together IIRC you gave me direction to better get around Chattanooga.

The only thing that worrys me about the Trident is the clip is rather short but it did feel sturdy.

Larbo

Enlightened
Had mine for about a month now, came from ****'s and was only $59, funny its listed online from them for $89..:devil:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clip is fine, if anything it's too tight (plus there's checkering under the clip to further the hold), combined with low rider the knife is hard to get out of pocket.

threedeep

Newly Enlightened
I, too, like the fact that these knives are "deep carry". The clip is designed so that the entire knife is concealed in your pocket. A big plus for me.

I actually wrote a SOG Trident review.

pete3

Newly Enlightened
ive had one for a couple years now, honestly, i thought it looked cool and was cool when I bought it, but after time the grips just looked worse and worse to me, and i grew to dislike the blade finish, and the clip, and the lock, and the assist.

Its a decent knife, but there are better to be had, as always. Mine never really made It in my edc, only occasionally or when my benchmade was under the weather.