Show Your McGizmos!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally got my very first McGizmo - the Haiku XP-G and am just blown away. McGizmo's are built to be ultra-reliable, highly functional, but aside from that they are truly a work of art. I'd love to see some of the old models along side some of the new.

So let's see 'em! I'll start with my very humble collection of 1. (I'll compensate by posting several pictures of it..:))

4519879042_46181969d8_o.jpg

4523016311_6734afedf9.jpg
4519243843_5d74e00fa1.jpg

4519878962_3279fbfabe.jpg
4519879432_53d2d8fd3d.jpg

Last edited:

Scottiver

Enlightened
I love that Haiku/Seiko combination. I already have the Haiku, now I must have one of those Seiko's, very cool. :thumbsup:

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Oh no. I can tell this thread is the one that'll finally make me weaken and buy one. If I can find one to buy that is!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to post a photo of my McGizmos together! Unfortunately in the last year I don't believe they have been together. I had my Haiku & LS20 at Matt's - the last run of holesters he made he used my lights to shape / fit the holesters. Now I have a bunch of them off at modomag's exotic coating (DLC Ti Mule getting recoated) and just over a week ago my TiPD & 27LT went to DatiLed's for XP-G transfusion....

630101613_FxQY9-M.jpg

Last Spring...
500572182_wwxp2-M.jpg

Hmm, Haiku is now a BB Haiku

The photo below was for a small review of the Sundrop XR-U that I put in Don's thread as I was one of the first to receive one. I swapped the creemator head (e1b head) off the 2-pak McClicky over to the 1-Pak XR-U body & the XR-U head on the ano'd 2-pak

635709726_hp9Uj-M.jpg

Last edited:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys don't have mercy on us, the unfortunate McGizmo no-owners :mecry:(yet)

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keissling - nice lights - I love those smooth battery tubes..very clean looking design. Are you using a black light in the background of the first pic? And that McGizmo/Alien pic is just sick...:devil:

nfetterly - nice collection! :huh: Who did the special anodizing on that 2 pak? That looks very nicely done..

RichS- What is the backround? Looks like leather, very nice...:thumbsup:

Nope, it just a vinyl ottoman with a leather-looking pattern. I was just watching TV one night and set my Haiku down on the ottoman and thought, hmmm, that would make a nice pic! :)

fyrstormer

Banned
That's a great set of pictures, RichS. Your Haiku almost looks like it's been laquered.

Here's my humble collection:

CIMG3920.jpg

CIMG3930.jpg

For some weird reason I left my Sapphire out of the lineup, so here it is too, showing a Raw Ti who wears the pants around here:

CIMG3850.jpg

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a great set of pictures, RichS. Your Haiku almost looks like it's been laquered.

Here's my humble collection:

CIMG3920.jpg

:eek::drool::bow:..............Humble collection?!

Very, very nice collection fyrstormer...so I have to ask - which is your favorite McGizmo and why? Also - how does the Haiku stack up in your opinion compared to the legendary PD?

Last edited:

WBryan

Newly Enlightened
Wowza!! Some bad *** lights! I will post a few asap!:):twothumbs

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Keissling - nice lights - I love those smooth battery tubes..very clean looking design. Are you using a black light in the background of the first pic? And that McGizmo/Alien pic is just sick...:devil:

It is just blue and red light. It's a very old pic.

Some more:

E1e_with_McLux_PR-T.jpg

Mc15.jpg

McGAlephMule.jpg

MCRedEye03.jpg

bernie

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

I absolutely love the form factor of this one Bernie - I've seen (and drooled over) it before. Do you have any specs on it or a link to to an old thread about it?

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Here are Don's build notes:
http://www.dmcleish.com/CPF/McT-plus/index.html

This one is among my most prized lights of all time. It is pure CPF history. It is very old, about 2003 IIRC. Which puts it well before other lights with the dual beam feature.

The specs aren't that impressive any more. The flood of the 6x3mm Lichia LEDs is about as bright as a Photon Microlight of today, the LuxV at the center (U-bin) is less than today's Cree and whatnot flashlights.
But that's not the point of this light anyway. :D

bernie