How Do You Read Posts Here At CPF?

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I generally read posts in the flat mode using the "Latest Threads" link. I keep a 4x6 card beside the computer to keep track of where I last left off. Sometimes I'll drag a shortcut from my browser to the desktop to keep track of threads that really interest me.

But from reading what others say, some people go to the Main Index and then to specific forums they're interested in.

How do you do it? Either of these two ways? Another way? Do you use flat or threaded mode?

I visit about three times a day, sometimes more. How often do you visit?

Paul

was_jlh

Enlightened
Re: How Do You Read Posts Here At CPF

Just started using "latest" in the past month. Before then, I always went to specific forums. Now I use a mixture - for routine checking I use "latest", then every other day or so, I'll go to specific forums, usually manage to find a thread or two that I overlooked when viewing "latest".

How often- varies - when work is slow, like today, at least once an hour, other times maybe once a day.

Of all the forums I visit, CPF is my favorite and is always the first one checked.

Joe

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was_jlh,

You bring up another interesting consideration. Where are you when you visit? At home or work, or elsewhere? I must conclude that a lot of people check in from their desks at work.

I almost always check in from home at my desk -- perhaps sometimes from a friend's house.

Paul

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually look at CPF from my laptop in my room. I'm on CPF about 3 to 4 times a day. I use the main index, and go down the forums. If the light bulb is lit up, I'll check that forum.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I visit CPF everyday. whenever i am at my desktop, the CPF webpage always there. I used the last 20 threads to find what's new at CPF. Flat mode, blues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

was_jlh

Enlightened
I probably visit CPF more at work, I spend a lot of time on the phone and many times I can browse while talking / waiting / listening.

Joe

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on CPF about 3 times, each for about 2 hours... I access at home.

ALWAYS use the Latest Threads unless its for searching for BST items, search for my last post and look up from there.

Flat mode, CPF Blues.

Dan

MenaceSQL

Enlightened
I'm on CPF about two to three times a day. Also, Lastest Threads is used here in flat mode.

jtice

Flashaholic
I have mine set to show the latest threads, and sence it has the threads with new posts dark grey, its easy to see whats new.

I visit CPF at least 4 or 5 times a day !!!!
Actually, some days,,, I NEVER LEAVE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Oh, and not to mention on chat for hours each day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a resident of CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif , but recently been flubbering in and out. I usually go flat mode from the front page, show all forums, and just go into each individual forum to check out the new threads with new posts...