2C Mags: not popular?

737mech

Enlightened
I bought a couple last year at Home Depot and that was the only place I have seen them locally. Even Fry's huge selection of Maglites was missing Mag 2'C's :thumbsdow

computernut

Enlightened
C-cell models always seem harder to find than the D-cell models. I have two 3C's and have been keeping an eye open for a 2C or 4C as well.

jcvjcvjcvjcv

Enlightened
I rather use 2D MagLites.

I think the aspectratio is better and the grip is better too.

And yeah, I even use the 2D for 2x 18650.

Don't really know why, but I just don't like the 'C' format.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
C-cell models always seem harder to find than the D-cell models. I have two 3C's and have been keeping an eye open for a 2C or 4C as well.
The only 2C I've seen lately is the older one I bought from Flic not too long ago.

Rona was the only place I ever saw C Mags, and they stopped carrying Mags last year.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
2C has gotta be the most aesthetically pleasing lights to me. Big head, slender body; it's prototypical flashlight
OTOH: 2D lets you run a fivemega adapter and 2x18650

KingCanada

Newly Enlightened
I usually can find the 2c and 3c Mags at ACE Hardware.
If you click on the store logo's in this link, it lists which models are carried at that specific store.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
2C has gotta be the most aesthetically pleasing lights to me. Big head, slender body; it's prototypical flashlight
OTOH: 2D lets you run a fivemega adapter and 2x18650

Ditto that, I think they are the best looking. 3C is also pretty good and 4C still isn't bad. None of the D cell lights look as good, imo, and the C cell lights feel better in my hands.

A number of people fit 2x18650s in 2C Mags... there are some DIY methods, or you can buy a new tailcap from Fivemega in the Custom and Modified B/S/T.

rikvee

Enlightened
I recently bought a bunch of black 2C's via eBay, cheap shipping to Australia as well.
Like the posters above, to me it is the best looking shape, easiest to hold, and fun
to modify with a (ROP Low) PE 3854L Pelican bulb, running of 3 CR123A's or 2 18500's,
held together by a short piece of 5/8" heater hose :)
(you just have to trim the spring a bit and perhaps replace the reflector by a metal one).

What I would love to find is the blue (or was it purple) version,
anyone who can help me with those?

DIY Lumens

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of 2Cs, and they are probably my favorite Maglites. One is a black one that I bought on clearance, last one and covered in dust, at Radio Shack for $8 and change. I stuffed 6 AAA NiMH and a kpr112 in that one. The other one is pewter, bought on sale at Home Depot but I don't remember the price. I have a cheap pair of 18650s on the way that I will probably stuff in that one, along with another kpr112 or perhaps even a ROP low.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Localy the best place for me to find them is Home Depot, but I think I just bought out the last they will be having. They have been on sale for a couple of months now. The last time I was there I bought the remaining 3, and when I was there today there were no more and the 2C sign was taken down.:shrug:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the past week, I've been to a Fry's, an Ace Hardware and two Home Depot's. All four stores had 2C's, and Fry's and Ace both had 3C's and 4C's.

Yes, I always check the flashlight sections.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Maglite 2C is a great size and is more comfortable to hold than 2D. Also the thinner tube is a better looking design.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on all the above :D

For me the Mag 2C is the Classic flashlight
Great looks and the perfect size for any of the number of grip styles

So okay, the Mag D will offer more choices in cell setups but for most
single LED mods and some multi LED mods 2 x rechargeable li-ions are
enough

I wish Mag would re-introduce the colored Mag 2C
I remember another CPFer posting a photo of his colored Mag 2C
collection ..... blue, purple, green, silver etc

Alex K.

Newly Enlightened
The whole C-cell line of Mags doesn't sell as well as the D's. I have never seen a 3C Mag anywhere. I think the reason is, to the non-flashaholic, the bigger, thicker, heavier Mag, the better. C-cell Mags don't fit that bill. That's why Mag discontinued the 5C and 6C models. People would buy the 6D's simply because they are huge. The 2C's are sold at Home Depot, though.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old (meaning, I think, late 1980's or early 1990's black 3-C mag with a TerraLux in it. Pretty nice set up. I really like the size and balance of this light.

I'm always toying with the idea of grabbing a couple of 2-C or 2-D Mags in some bright colors (purple, green) and dropping Malkoffs in them, just for fun.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old (meaning, I think, late 1980's or early 1990's black 3-C mag with a TerraLux in it. Pretty nice set up. I really like the size and balance of this light.

I'm always toying with the idea of grabbing a couple of 2-C or 2-D Mags in some bright colors (purple, green) and dropping Malkoffs in them, just for fun.

That's exactly what I have done. I have several colors of D-size, but only black C models. Mixing the bezel/heads and tailcaps between different colors is then an easy way to make the Mags to look more exclusive. Mixing blue or purple with grey or silver is really nice!

Regards, Patric