Just got my first 14500, whoa!

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was told that the quark aa ti I bought would be much brighter with a 14500 vs a regular AA and man, is there a difference.

So, here's my question. Which 14500's should I get for max output or runtime and would I be better of getting a powergenix battery instead?

Thanks

George

357mag1

Enlightened
The PowerGenix are only slightly brighter than Eneloops so if you are looking for brightness go with AW portected 14500s. They seem to be the best. You can try the others like I did and probably end up buying AWs eventually. I would buy from Lighthound or Bugoutgear, both CPF supporters.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
THanks

I had a choice as I traded lights with this guy. He had an RA Clicky I think and this one but his RA only went to 100 lumens and this one kinda did too but then he showed me a review that said it went much higher with the 14500 and that settled it.

Love this light

hazna

Enlightened
about time someone made a AA light that is (more) designed to run off the li-ion.
great choice.

There are a few lights that support 14500 these days... I've just recently gotten the zebralight sc50, but still waiting for some 14500's to arrive.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
about time someone made a AA light that is (more) designed to run off the li-ion.

LiteFlux has been making them for a number of years. :) I know, I seem to plug for them quite a bit, but I do like them. Their availability and model changes kinda screw up getting one sometimes. I'm not even sure they make one at the moment, but anyway.

Dave

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you like something you like it. I'm the same way.

Also, I just traded something for the zebralight sc30 and it's a really nice light too. Super tiny :)

Latest posts