Smallest full strength carabiner?

smrtprts

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking for a small (2") caribeaner that is climb rated. So far the Nano 23 and FS Mini have come up but they appear to be about 3". Any suggestions?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of them are pretty standard size at the lower end of the range. If you're going to climb with them you don't want them any smaller.

If you're not going to climb with them why worry about them being climb rated? You're not likely to be generating forces like those possible in climbing (falling).

smrtprts

Newly Enlightened
Im not going to climb with it but I feel like why buy something rated for 500lbs when I could get one rated for 5000lbs for the same price.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
They tend not to make them much smaller than the nano (I think that's about the current champ, though I'm an old traddie, and never chased the smallest/lightest bug TOO far). You'd get too small to handle full diameter (or even smaller 7 and 8MM) ropes safely.

A ss lock link might make sense for you, though it is not quite as cool nor convienient, though there are snap links out there. They will NOT be rated quite like climbing equipment, but will be stronger than cheap aluminum novelty biners.