CCFT/LED/xenon on sale

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just FYI: Spotted this at Lifestyle Fascination. 14.95 on sale.

http://www.shoplifestyle.com/store/product.asp?pf_id=4658&source=ntrcs

FL006_main.jpg

(and no, I don't have one, and am not endorsing this product or the vendor - just passing on the info to anyone interested)

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a similar combination light by Vector in stores, but I didn't buy it because I already have two CCFT lights. It does look more durable and useful than the Energizer Arc White.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quickbeam: Thanks for the info. I've been looking for this light for awhile now. Even emailed Nuwai twice, asking them for retailers. They never replied... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

revbnc

Newly Enlightened
There goes my wallet again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Just ordered two. Don't tell my wife. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

wualta

Newly Enlightened
I was tempted, but...

Keep in mind that the shipping on one unit is $7. At that, the 6-LED/Xenon/CCFL light at $25 starts to look like the better deal. The incan reflector on the Mini Bar Light looks awfully small, too-- word to the Everledders. Note also that it runs on AAA cells.

But if you need small...

Walt Brand

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have of those 3-in-1 lites. I wouldn`t get all that excited about it if I were you. No really, don`t.

The CCFL is interesting only because I`ve never had one before, but it isn`t that bright, it takes ages to warm up and has a dark "void" at the center of its light dispersion. The LEDs are badly tinted - one blue and one purple, and the beam is lousy. They don`t point in quite the same direction as each other and the reflectors round them serve only to make some wierd "artifacts". And the Xenon lamp, though actually quite bright, almost makes a MiniMagLite beam look like a SureFire.

Add to that the single most annoying switch I`ve ever used:

Click once to turn the LEDs on.
Click again to turn off.
Click again to turn the lamp on.
Click again to turn off.
Click again to turn the CCFL on.
Click again to turn off.
Lather, rinse, repeat. Always repeat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you miss the mode you want, or want to turn it off for a bit and then back on in the same mode, you`ve got to click the stiff little button 5 times! And there`s no way to tell what mode it`ll come on in next if you`ve not used it for a while (and assuming it`s not your only light, it will sit around not being used quite a lot, I guarantee), other than having a very long memory.

I would not reccomend. Not really. Especially given Lifestyle Fascination`s sometimes unreliable service.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of these from Lifestyle Fascination about 6 momths ago...I've heard that their service sometimes leaves a little bit to be desired, but I received good service from them. The light, for what it's supposed to be, is actually quite nice. The CCFT comes to full brightness in about 30 seconds (standard for a CCFT) and is about 2/3 the brightness of my Energizer Arc White. The LED's, although they display the "angry" blue tint of being overdriven, are quite bright for 2 LEDs. They're brighter than my Derringer on it's highest setting, and in normal applications the color is a non-factor. The xenon is about the same brightness as a PT Rage, although the beam is quite messy. I put a little WriteRight on mine and the beam is now clean and bright. For what it is, a multi-purpose UTILITY light, the 3-in-1 Mini Bar Light is actually quite nice. Mine has seen a LOT of use since I got it (camping, power outage, work bench, etc...), and it has held up well. Although not "practical" as an EDC, it IS small enough to fit in a hip pocket. At $14.95 I think it's a good deal, and a pretty handy light to have around the house or vehicle, IMHO...FYI /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PJD

Threepio

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these from Lifestyle Fascination about 6 months ago as well, and like it a lot.

I saw a grey version of this light at Restoration Hardware in Fashion Island, Newport Beach about a month ago. I believe the price was $24.95. RH also had the 3 in 1 Favour lite, in a 2 in 1 version, lacking the 6 LEDs. I think it was $18, but I wasn't interested. You've got to have the LEDs... --Bob