HDS Systems        
Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: PR bulb ratings

  1. #1
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somerset UK
    Posts
    388

    Default PR bulb ratings

    Does anyone have a link to a complete list of the ratings in volts and amps of PR flashlight bulbs, preferably including older or obsolete types.

    A CPF search only revealed numerous threads about PR bulbs, but no complete list of ratings.

    Like other members, I know some of the common ones, but certainly not all.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somerset UK
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Thanks for the link, though I am now confused.

    Here in the UK most flashlight bulbs are simply marked as to voltage and current, or sometimes the number and size of cells that they are intended to be used from, for example 4.8 volt, 0.5 amp, or "for 2 C cells"

    PR XX seems to more of a USA idea.
    However I allways thought that a given PR number corresponded to a unique rating in volts and amps.
    This does not seem to be the case.
    PR4 appears to have at least 3 different ratings.

    I doubt that there is any real world difference between say 0.5 amps and 0.504 amps, the difference is less than 1% and almost certainly less than maufacturing tolerances.

    However the difference between 2 volts and 2.2 volts is 10% and could be significant, yet both are described as PR4.

  4. #4
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Heres my slightly organized list...

    http://www.bulbtown.com/PR_1_XPR19_M...ulbs_s/801.htm
    http://www.bulbtown.com/DE3021_P25_2...ulbs_s/804.htm
    PR1 2.00v 0.95a 40hr
    PR2 2.38v 0.50a 15hr
    PR3 3.57v 0.30a 15hr
    PR4 2.33v 0.27a 10hr
    PR6 2.47v 0.30a 30hr
    PR7 3.70v 0.30a 30hr 1.110w
    PR9 2.70v 0.15a 45hr
    PR12 5.95v 0.50a 15hr
    PR13 4.75v 0.50a 15hr
    PR15 4.82v 0.50a 30hr
    PR16 12.50v 0.25a 50hr
    PR17 4.90v 0.30a 30hr
    PR18 7.20v 0.55a 3hr
    PR20 8.63v 0.50a 15hr
    PR29 3.60v 0.20a 30hr 0.720w
    PR30 3.75v 0.86a 40hr 3.225w
    PR31 2.40v 0.70a 40hr
    PR33 2.60v 1.00a 20hr 2.60w
    ---
    Halogen;
    HPR36 5.50v 1.00a 40hr 93 lum
    HPR40 6.00v 0.67a 50hr 75 lum
    HPR44 4.00v 1.00a 300hr?? 4.000w 54 lum
    HPR50 5.2v 0.846a 25hr
    HPR51 6.5v 0.708a 25hr
    HPR52 2.80v 0.85a 10hr 35 lum
    HPR53 4.00v 0.85a 25hr 48 lum
    HPR55 5.20v 0.50a 15hr 48 lum
    ---
    Krypton;
    K12 5.95v 0.70a 15hr
    K15 4.80v 0.70a 15hr
    K222 2.33v 0.60a 5hr
    KPR2 2.38v 0.50a 15hr
    KPR3 3.60v 0.91a 30hr 3.276w
    KPR4 2.20v 0.47a 15hr
    KPR13 4.75v 0.50a 10hr
    KPR102 2.40v 0.70a 15hr 1.68w
    KPR103 3.60v 0.75a 20hr 2.700w
    KPR104 2.20v 0.47a
    KPR112 6.00v 0.75a
    KPR113 4.80v 0.75a
    KPR118 7.20v 0.55a 20hr
    KPR130 3.85v 1.20a 20hr 4.620w
    KPR131 2.40v 0.84a 15hr 2watt
    KPR138 3.70v 0.86a
    KPR139 3.85v 1.32a 10hr 5.08watt
    KPR12 12.00v 0.70a
    KPR120 12.0v 0.70a
    KPR240 24v 0.70a
    KPR180 18v 0.60a
    KPR156 15.6v 0.70a
    KPR144 14.4v 0.70a
    ---
    Carley 609 5.00v 1.70a 8.5watt
    Osram 3138 3.6v 3.110a [11.2w]
    Osram 3638 3.6v 3.190a [11.5w]
    Osram 3598 3.7v 6.080a [22.5w]
    Osram 6408010 4.0v 4.250a [17.0w]
    Carley CL597 3.7v 0.703a [ 2.6w]
    Carley CL604 3.7v 1.190a [ 4.4w]
    Carley CL605 3.7v 1.510a [ 5.6w]
    Carley CL606 3.7v 1.700a [ 6.3w]
    ---
    SuperStinger 6.0v 1.70a 10w
    Osram 64225 6.0v 1.67a 10w 200lum G4 Bi-Pin http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampesa.html
    Philips 5972 6.0v 10w 150lum G4 Bi-Pin http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp5972.html
    GE M29 6.0v 10w G4 34720 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampESA.html
    MagCharger 6.0v 1.80a 11w
    PE 3853L 7.2v 1.55a 11w
    WA 1165 6.0v 1.87a 11w http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/d...26833900867631
    Ultra Stinger 6.0v 1.90a 11w
    CL 1057 6.0v 2.00a 12w
    CL 1499 7.2v 1.84a 13w
    PE3854L 6-7.2v 1.90a 11-13w
    WA 1274 7.2v 2.77a 20w G4 http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/d...26833900867631
    FMCL1794 7.4v 3.00a 21w
    FM Axial 7.2v 3.30a 24w
    Osram 64250 6.0v 3.33a 20w 420-480lum G4 2Pin http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampESB.html
    PE3853H 7.2v 3.34a 20-24w
    WA 1111 6.0v 3.35-3.60a 20w G4 http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/d...26833900867631
    WA1160 5-7.2v 3.45-4.30a 17-31w
    FM Axial 7.4v 3.30a 24.4w
    PE3854H 6-7.2v 4.30-4.15a 24-30w
    Osram 64265 6.0v 30w ?? 2Pin HLX64265 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp64265.html
    Osram 64275 6.0v 35w 780lum G4 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp64275.html
    Philips 5761 6.0v 5.00a 30w 765lum G4 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp5761.html

  5. #5
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somerset UK
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Very useful, thanks.

  6. #6
    Flashaholic* LEDAdd1ct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,522

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Thanks for the list! *thumbs up*

  7. #7
    Flashaholic* JohnR66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Radio Shack used to carry some Xenon versions:
    XPR102
    XPR103
    XPR113
    Similar current draw to the Krypton versions, but with extra brightness. I still have some. They are really nice upgrades. I don't think RS carries them now, but may be available elsewhere.

  8. #8
    Flashaholic* lctorana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,114

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Here's mine:

    Type Voltage Wattage Current Lumen Average Base Fill Efficiency Cells
    Life Gas
    Type V W A lm hrs Base Gas lm/W Cells
    GH88 2.2 4.18 1.9 38 P13.5s Halogen 9.1 2
    HME52 2.8 2.38 0.85 34.6 10 E10 Halogen 14.5 2
    HPR52 2.8 2.38 0.85 34.5 10 P13.5s Halogen 14.5 2
    KPR 801 2.4 2.88 1.2 29.5 10 P13.5s Krypton 10.2 2
    HPX 20 2.4 2.232 0.93 26 5 P13.5s Xenon 11.6 2
    KPR 805 2.8 2.66 0.95 25 50 P13.5s Krypton 9.4 2
    GH160 2.5 2 0.8 23 E10 Halogen 11.5 2
    SKPR 803 2.4 2.208 0.92 22.5 10 P13.5s Krypton 10.2 2
    HPX 21 2.4 1.92 0.8 21 15 P13.5s Xenon 10.9 2
    HPR66 2.4 1.992 0.83 21 30 P13.5s Halogen 10.5 2
    KPR K2 2.4 1.992 0.83 20.61 5 P13.5s Krypton 10.3 2
    KPR 131 2.4 2.004 0.835 18.5 15 P13.5s Krypton 9.2 2
    HPR01* 2.8 1.4 0.5 17 10 P13.5s Halogen 12.1 2
    HPR57 2.8 1.624 0.58 17 50 P13.5s Halogen 10.5 2
    PR 31 2.4 1.68 0.7 16.5 15 P13.5s Vacuum 9.8 2
    KPR 102 2.4 1.68 0.7 16.5 15 P13.5s Krypton 9.8 2
    HPR56 2.5 1.25 0.5 14 25 P13.5s Halogen 11.2 2
    KPR 807 2.4 1.716 0.715 14 50 P13.5s Krypton 8.2 2
    HPX 22 2.2 1.342 0.61 12.3 15 P13.5s Xenon 9.2 2
    PR 2 2.4 1.2 0.5 11.4 15 P13.5s Vacuum 9.5 2
    KPR K1 2.4 1.2 0.5 11 6 P13.5s Krypton 9.2 2
    KPR 101 2.4 1.248 0.52 11 10 P13.5s Krypton 8.8 2
    GH159 2.5 1.25 0.5 11 G2.5 Halogen 8.8 2
    GH181 2.5 1.25 0.5 11 E10 Halogen 8.8 2
    GH182 2.5 1.25 0.5 11 P13.5s Halogen 8.8 2
    PR 527 2.7 1.134 0.42 9.8 20 P13.5s Vacuum 8.6 2
    KPR 104 2.2 1.034 0.47 7 15 P13.5s Krypton 6.8 2
    PR 6 2.5 0.75 0.3 6.1 30 P13.5s Vacuum 8.1 2
    PR 4 2.3 0.621 0.27 5.9 10 P13.5s Vacuum 9.5 2
    PR 900 2.5 0.5 0.2 4.25 15 P13.5s Vacuum 8.5 2
    HPR53 4 3.4 0.85 60 25 P13.5s Halogen 17.647059 3
    HME53 4 3.4 0.85 60 25 E10 Halogen 17.647059 3
    HPR81 3.6 3.06 0.85 50 30 P13.5s Halogen 16.339869 3
    HPR61 4 4 1 48 600 P13.5s Halogen 12 3
    GH140 4 4 1 48 E10 Halogen 12 3
    KPR 5984 4 4 1 47 200 P13.5s Krypton 11.75 3
    HPR70 3.6 3.6 1 46 300 P13.5s Halogen 12.777778 3
    LMSA301 3.8 3.192 0.84 45.65 P13.5s Xenon 14.301378 3
    HPX 30 3.6 2.952 0.82 45.5 10 P13.5s Xenon 15.413279 3
    LWSA301 3.7 2.59 0.7 38.7 P13.5s Krypton 14.942085 3
    KPR 103 3.6 2.7 0.75 34 20 P13.5s Krypton 12.592593 3
    HPR63 4 3 0.75 33.4 600 P13.5s Halogen 11.133333 3
    HPR54 4 2 0.5 33 15 P13.5s Halogen 16.5 3
    HME54 4 2 0.5 33 15 E10 Halogen 16.5 3
    GH143 4 3 0.75 33 P13.5s Halogen 11 3
    GH53 4 2 0.5 33 E10 Halogen 16.5 3
    PR 3 3.6 1.8 0.5 21.06 15 P13.5s Vacuum 11.7 3
    PR 7 3.8 1.14 0.3 12 30 P13.5s Vacuum 10.526316 3
    KPR 106 3.6 1.08 0.3 11 10 P13.5s Krypton 10.185185 3
    PR 29 3.5 0.7 0.2 7.3 15 P13.5s Vacuum 10.428571 3
    HPR50 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 25 P13.5s Halogen 19.230769 4
    HME50 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 25 E10 Halogen 19.230769 4
    GH164 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 P13.5s Halogen 19.230769 4
    GH173 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 E10 Halogen 19.230769 4
    SKPR 823 4.8 5.28 1.1 84 10 P13.5s Krypton 15.909091 4
    LMSA401 5.3 4.187 0.79 80.5 P13.5s Xenon 19.226176 4
    KPR 813 4.8 4.464 0.93 80 5 P13.5s Krypton 17.921147 4
    HPX 41 4.8 4.32 0.9 78 10 P13.5s Xenon 18.055556 4
    LWSA401 5.2 3.64 0.7 76 P13.5s Krypton 20.879121 4
    HPR80 4.8 4.08 0.85 75 30 P13.5s Halogen 18.382353 4
    HPX 40 4.8 3.792 0.79 66.5 15 P13.5s Xenon 17.53692 4
    KPR 113 4.8 3.6 0.75 51 20 P13.5s Krypton 14.166667 4
    HPR55 5.2 2.6 0.5 48 15 P13.5s Halogen 18.461538 4
    HME55 5.2 2.6 0.5 48 15 E10 Halogen 18.461538 4
    GH55 5.2 2.6 0.5 46 E10 Halogen 17.692308 4
    PR 32 4.8 3.36 0.7 42 20 P13.5s Argon 12.5 4
    HPR62 4.8 2.4 0.5 37 20 P13.5s Halogen 15.416667 4
    GH70 4.8 2.4 0.5 36 G4 Halogen 15 4
    GH157 4.8 2.4 0.5 36 P13.5s Halogen 15 4
    KPR 1941 4.75 2.375 0.5 35 10 P13.5s Krypton 14.736842 4
    KPR 802 4.8 2.4 0.5 33 15 P13.5s Krypton 13.75 4
    GH158 4.8 2.4 0.5 33 G2.5 Halogen 13.75 4
    KPR 826 5.2 2.08 0.4 30 30 P13.5s Krypton 14.423077 4
    PR 15 4.8 2.4 0.5 28.8 30 P13.5s Vacuum 12 4
    PR 13 4.75 2.375 0.5 28.5 15 P13.5s Vacuum 12 4
    HPX 42 4.7 1.88 0.4 27.5 15 P13.5s Xenon 14.62766 4
    PR 35 4.6 1.61 0.35 18.5 15 P13.5s Vacuum 11.490683 4
    GH107 5 1.5 0.3 18 E10 Halogen 12 4
    KPR 825 5.2 1.3 0.25 12 20 P13.5s Krypton 9.2307692 4
    HM12 6 20 3.33333 450 100 G4 Halogen 22.5 5
    GH102 6 19.8 3.3 450 G4 Halogen 22.727273 5
    HPR72 6 15 2.5 320 100 P13.5s Halogen 21.333333 5
    HM10 6 10 1.66667 220 100 G4 Halogen 22 5
    6111 6 10 1.66667 220 150 G4 Halogen 22 5
    HPR71 6 10 1.66667 210 100 P13.5s Halogen 21 5
    GH20 6 10 1.66667 201 G4 Halogen 20.1 5
    GH24 6 10 1.66667 201 P13.5s Halogen 20.1 5
    GH44 6 10 1.66667 201 E10 Halogen 20.1 5
    HM08 6 8 1.33333 160 100 G4 Halogen 20 5
    HPR73 6 6 1 110 100 P13.5s Halogen 18.333333 5
    HPR36 5.5 5.5 1 100 40 P13.5s Halogen 18.181818 5
    GH15 6 6 1 100 P13.5s Halogen 16.666667 5
    GH17 6 6 1 100 E10 Halogen 16.666667 5
    LMSA501 6.3 4.851 0.77 98 P13.5s Xenon 20.20202 5
    HPR51 6.5 4.55 0.7 90 25 P13.5s Halogen 19.78022 5
    HPR78* 6 5 0.83333 90 100 P13.5s Halogen 18 5
    GH95 6 5 0.83333 80 G4 Halogen 16 5
    KPR 112 6 4.5 0.75 75 20 P13.5s Krypton 16.666667 5
    LWSA501 6.3 4.41 0.7 65 P13.5s Krypton 14.739229 5
    HPR58 6 3 0.5 55 20 P13.5s Halogen 18.333333 5
    HPR59 6 4 0.66667 54 300 P13.5s Halogen 13.5 5
    HPX 51 6 3.3 0.55 52 20 P13.5s Xenon 15.757576 5
    HPX 50 6 2.82 0.47 49 5 P13.5s Xenon 17.375887 5
    HPR64 6 3 0.5 46 100 P13.5s Halogen 15.333333 5
    HMB13 6 3 0.5 46 100 BA9s Halogen 15.333333 5
    GH103 6 3 0.5 46 P13.5s Halogen 15.333333 5
    GH106 6 3 0.5 46 E10 Halogen 15.333333 5
    PR 12 6 3 0.5 38.1 15 P13.5s Argon 12.7 5
    HME60 6 2.4 0.4 36 100 E10 Halogen 15 5
    GH90 6 2.4 0.4 35 P13.5s Halogen 14.583333 5
    GH93 6 2.4 0.4 35 E10 Halogen 14.583333 5
    LMSA601 7.6 5.852 0.77 129 P13.5s Xenon 22.043746 6
    HPX 60 7.2 6.12 0.85 115 15 P13.5s Xenon 18.79085 6
    HPR04 7.4 5.18 0.7 114 25 P13.5s Halogen 22.007722 6
    KPR 118 7.2 5.4 0.75 100 15 P13.5s Krypton 18.518519 6
    LWSA601 7.5 5.25 0.7 86 P13.5s Krypton 16.380952 6
    KPR 6C 7.2 4.752 0.66 71 36 P13.5s Krypton 14.941077 6
    PR 18 7.2 3.96 0.55 61.4 3 P13.5s Argon 15.505051 6
    PR 518 7.2 3.888 0.54 55 15 P13.5s Argon 14.146091 6
    PR 20 8.63 4.315 0.5 62.8 15 P13.5s Argon 14.553882 7
    HMB21 12 20 1.66667 600 100 BA9s Halogen 30 10

  9. #9
    Flashaholic* ericjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1 Alpha Louisiana
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by lctorana View Post
    Here's mine:

    Type Voltage Wattage Current Lumen Average Base Fill Efficiency Cells
    Life Gas
    Type V W A lm hrs Base Gas lm/W Cells
    GH88 2.2 4.18 1.9 38 P13.5s Halogen 9.1 2
    HME52 2.8 2.38 0.85 34.6 10 E10 Halogen 14.5 2
    HPR52 2.8 2.38 0.85 34.5 10 P13.5s Halogen 14.5 2
    KPR 801 2.4 2.88 1.2 29.5 10 P13.5s Krypton 10.2 2
    HPX 20 2.4 2.232 0.93 26 5 P13.5s Xenon 11.6 2
    KPR 805 2.8 2.66 0.95 25 50 P13.5s Krypton 9.4 2
    GH160 2.5 2 0.8 23 E10 Halogen 11.5 2
    SKPR 803 2.4 2.208 0.92 22.5 10 P13.5s Krypton 10.2 2
    HPX 21 2.4 1.92 0.8 21 15 P13.5s Xenon 10.9 2
    HPR66 2.4 1.992 0.83 21 30 P13.5s Halogen 10.5 2
    KPR K2 2.4 1.992 0.83 20.61 5 P13.5s Krypton 10.3 2
    KPR 131 2.4 2.004 0.835 18.5 15 P13.5s Krypton 9.2 2
    HPR01* 2.8 1.4 0.5 17 10 P13.5s Halogen 12.1 2
    HPR57 2.8 1.624 0.58 17 50 P13.5s Halogen 10.5 2
    PR 31 2.4 1.68 0.7 16.5 15 P13.5s Vacuum 9.8 2
    KPR 102 2.4 1.68 0.7 16.5 15 P13.5s Krypton 9.8 2
    HPR56 2.5 1.25 0.5 14 25 P13.5s Halogen 11.2 2
    KPR 807 2.4 1.716 0.715 14 50 P13.5s Krypton 8.2 2
    HPX 22 2.2 1.342 0.61 12.3 15 P13.5s Xenon 9.2 2
    PR 2 2.4 1.2 0.5 11.4 15 P13.5s Vacuum 9.5 2
    KPR K1 2.4 1.2 0.5 11 6 P13.5s Krypton 9.2 2
    KPR 101 2.4 1.248 0.52 11 10 P13.5s Krypton 8.8 2
    GH159 2.5 1.25 0.5 11 G2.5 Halogen 8.8 2
    GH181 2.5 1.25 0.5 11 E10 Halogen 8.8 2
    GH182 2.5 1.25 0.5 11 P13.5s Halogen 8.8 2
    PR 527 2.7 1.134 0.42 9.8 20 P13.5s Vacuum 8.6 2
    KPR 104 2.2 1.034 0.47 7 15 P13.5s Krypton 6.8 2
    PR 6 2.5 0.75 0.3 6.1 30 P13.5s Vacuum 8.1 2
    PR 4 2.3 0.621 0.27 5.9 10 P13.5s Vacuum 9.5 2
    PR 900 2.5 0.5 0.2 4.25 15 P13.5s Vacuum 8.5 2
    HPR53 4 3.4 0.85 60 25 P13.5s Halogen 17.647059 3
    HME53 4 3.4 0.85 60 25 E10 Halogen 17.647059 3
    HPR81 3.6 3.06 0.85 50 30 P13.5s Halogen 16.339869 3
    HPR61 4 4 1 48 600 P13.5s Halogen 12 3
    GH140 4 4 1 48 E10 Halogen 12 3
    KPR 5984 4 4 1 47 200 P13.5s Krypton 11.75 3
    HPR70 3.6 3.6 1 46 300 P13.5s Halogen 12.777778 3
    LMSA301 3.8 3.192 0.84 45.65 P13.5s Xenon 14.301378 3
    HPX 30 3.6 2.952 0.82 45.5 10 P13.5s Xenon 15.413279 3
    LWSA301 3.7 2.59 0.7 38.7 P13.5s Krypton 14.942085 3
    KPR 103 3.6 2.7 0.75 34 20 P13.5s Krypton 12.592593 3
    HPR63 4 3 0.75 33.4 600 P13.5s Halogen 11.133333 3
    HPR54 4 2 0.5 33 15 P13.5s Halogen 16.5 3
    HME54 4 2 0.5 33 15 E10 Halogen 16.5 3
    GH143 4 3 0.75 33 P13.5s Halogen 11 3
    GH53 4 2 0.5 33 E10 Halogen 16.5 3
    PR 3 3.6 1.8 0.5 21.06 15 P13.5s Vacuum 11.7 3
    PR 7 3.8 1.14 0.3 12 30 P13.5s Vacuum 10.526316 3
    KPR 106 3.6 1.08 0.3 11 10 P13.5s Krypton 10.185185 3
    PR 29 3.5 0.7 0.2 7.3 15 P13.5s Vacuum 10.428571 3
    HPR50 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 25 P13.5s Halogen 19.230769 4
    HME50 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 25 E10 Halogen 19.230769 4
    GH164 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 P13.5s Halogen 19.230769 4
    GH173 5.2 4.42 0.85 85 E10 Halogen 19.230769 4
    SKPR 823 4.8 5.28 1.1 84 10 P13.5s Krypton 15.909091 4
    LMSA401 5.3 4.187 0.79 80.5 P13.5s Xenon 19.226176 4
    KPR 813 4.8 4.464 0.93 80 5 P13.5s Krypton 17.921147 4
    HPX 41 4.8 4.32 0.9 78 10 P13.5s Xenon 18.055556 4
    LWSA401 5.2 3.64 0.7 76 P13.5s Krypton 20.879121 4
    HPR80 4.8 4.08 0.85 75 30 P13.5s Halogen 18.382353 4
    HPX 40 4.8 3.792 0.79 66.5 15 P13.5s Xenon 17.53692 4
    KPR 113 4.8 3.6 0.75 51 20 P13.5s Krypton 14.166667 4
    HPR55 5.2 2.6 0.5 48 15 P13.5s Halogen 18.461538 4
    HME55 5.2 2.6 0.5 48 15 E10 Halogen 18.461538 4
    GH55 5.2 2.6 0.5 46 E10 Halogen 17.692308 4
    PR 32 4.8 3.36 0.7 42 20 P13.5s Argon 12.5 4
    HPR62 4.8 2.4 0.5 37 20 P13.5s Halogen 15.416667 4
    GH70 4.8 2.4 0.5 36 G4 Halogen 15 4
    GH157 4.8 2.4 0.5 36 P13.5s Halogen 15 4
    KPR 1941 4.75 2.375 0.5 35 10 P13.5s Krypton 14.736842 4
    KPR 802 4.8 2.4 0.5 33 15 P13.5s Krypton 13.75 4
    GH158 4.8 2.4 0.5 33 G2.5 Halogen 13.75 4
    KPR 826 5.2 2.08 0.4 30 30 P13.5s Krypton 14.423077 4
    PR 15 4.8 2.4 0.5 28.8 30 P13.5s Vacuum 12 4
    PR 13 4.75 2.375 0.5 28.5 15 P13.5s Vacuum 12 4
    HPX 42 4.7 1.88 0.4 27.5 15 P13.5s Xenon 14.62766 4
    PR 35 4.6 1.61 0.35 18.5 15 P13.5s Vacuum 11.490683 4
    GH107 5 1.5 0.3 18 E10 Halogen 12 4
    KPR 825 5.2 1.3 0.25 12 20 P13.5s Krypton 9.2307692 4
    HM12 6 20 3.33333 450 100 G4 Halogen 22.5 5
    GH102 6 19.8 3.3 450 G4 Halogen 22.727273 5
    HPR72 6 15 2.5 320 100 P13.5s Halogen 21.333333 5
    HM10 6 10 1.66667 220 100 G4 Halogen 22 5
    6111 6 10 1.66667 220 150 G4 Halogen 22 5
    HPR71 6 10 1.66667 210 100 P13.5s Halogen 21 5
    GH20 6 10 1.66667 201 G4 Halogen 20.1 5
    GH24 6 10 1.66667 201 P13.5s Halogen 20.1 5
    GH44 6 10 1.66667 201 E10 Halogen 20.1 5
    HM08 6 8 1.33333 160 100 G4 Halogen 20 5
    HPR73 6 6 1 110 100 P13.5s Halogen 18.333333 5
    HPR36 5.5 5.5 1 100 40 P13.5s Halogen 18.181818 5
    GH15 6 6 1 100 P13.5s Halogen 16.666667 5
    GH17 6 6 1 100 E10 Halogen 16.666667 5
    LMSA501 6.3 4.851 0.77 98 P13.5s Xenon 20.20202 5
    HPR51 6.5 4.55 0.7 90 25 P13.5s Halogen 19.78022 5
    HPR78* 6 5 0.83333 90 100 P13.5s Halogen 18 5
    GH95 6 5 0.83333 80 G4 Halogen 16 5
    KPR 112 6 4.5 0.75 75 20 P13.5s Krypton 16.666667 5
    LWSA501 6.3 4.41 0.7 65 P13.5s Krypton 14.739229 5
    HPR58 6 3 0.5 55 20 P13.5s Halogen 18.333333 5
    HPR59 6 4 0.66667 54 300 P13.5s Halogen 13.5 5
    HPX 51 6 3.3 0.55 52 20 P13.5s Xenon 15.757576 5
    HPX 50 6 2.82 0.47 49 5 P13.5s Xenon 17.375887 5
    HPR64 6 3 0.5 46 100 P13.5s Halogen 15.333333 5
    HMB13 6 3 0.5 46 100 BA9s Halogen 15.333333 5
    GH103 6 3 0.5 46 P13.5s Halogen 15.333333 5
    GH106 6 3 0.5 46 E10 Halogen 15.333333 5
    PR 12 6 3 0.5 38.1 15 P13.5s Argon 12.7 5
    HME60 6 2.4 0.4 36 100 E10 Halogen 15 5
    GH90 6 2.4 0.4 35 P13.5s Halogen 14.583333 5
    GH93 6 2.4 0.4 35 E10 Halogen 14.583333 5
    LMSA601 7.6 5.852 0.77 129 P13.5s Xenon 22.043746 6
    HPX 60 7.2 6.12 0.85 115 15 P13.5s Xenon 18.79085 6
    HPR04 7.4 5.18 0.7 114 25 P13.5s Halogen 22.007722 6
    KPR 118 7.2 5.4 0.75 100 15 P13.5s Krypton 18.518519 6
    LWSA601 7.5 5.25 0.7 86 P13.5s Krypton 16.380952 6
    KPR 6C 7.2 4.752 0.66 71 36 P13.5s Krypton 14.941077 6
    PR 18 7.2 3.96 0.55 61.4 3 P13.5s Argon 15.505051 6
    PR 518 7.2 3.888 0.54 55 15 P13.5s Argon 14.146091 6
    PR 20 8.63 4.315 0.5 62.8 15 P13.5s Argon 14.553882 7
    HMB21 12 20 1.66667 600 100 BA9s Halogen 30 10

    awesome chart...i learned very much from it. i know i am of a dying breed but i appreciate and understand the importance of PR lighting.
    "When egrets take flight, foul weather in sight."

  10. #10
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NW Lower Michigan
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Great list! Is there any way to save that chart intact or convert it to a CSV? I've tried copying and pasting it but the format gets all messed up.

  11. #11
    rookiedaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    A Place Called HOME
    Posts
    836

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbofish View Post
    Is there any way to save that chart intact or convert it to a CSV? I've tried copying and pasting it but the format gets all messed up.
    If you're on a Windows machine (I'm using Chrome, MS Excel 2007), try the following:
    1. Click the "Reply with Quote" at [lctorana] post above.
    2. Click the "Go Advanced" button. You should see a preview follow by an edit window.
    3. You should highlight the whole table in the edit window.
    4. Copy (Ctrl-C).
    5. Launch Excel, and Paste (Ctrl-V). You should have the table in Excel.

    Or you can save the following to a csv file...

    =============================== Exported CSV from Excel ===================================
    Type,Voltage,Wattage,Current,Lumen,Average,Base,Fi ll,Efficiency,Cells
    ,Life,,Gas,,,,,,
    Type,V,W,A,lm,hrs,Base,Gas,lm/W,Cells
    GH88,2.2,4.18,1.9,38,,P13.5s,Halogen,9.1,2
    HME52,2.8,2.38,0.85,34.6,10,E10,Halogen,14.5,2
    HPR52,2.8,2.38,0.85,34.5,10,P13.5s,Halogen,14.5,2
    KPR 801,2.4,2.88,1.2,29.5,10,P13.5s,Krypton,10.2,2
    HPX 20,2.4,2.232,0.93,26,5,P13.5s,Xenon,11.6,2
    KPR 805,2.8,2.66,0.95,25,50,P13.5s,Krypton,9.4,2
    GH160,2.5,2,0.8,23,,E10,Halogen,11.5,2
    SKPR 803,2.4,2.208,0.92,22.5,10,P13.5s,Krypton,10.2,2
    HPX 21,2.4,1.92,0.8,21,15,P13.5s,Xenon,10.9,2
    HPR66,2.4,1.992,0.83,21,30,P13.5s,Halogen,10.5,2
    KPR K2,2.4,1.992,0.83,20.61,5,P13.5s,Krypton,10.3,2
    KPR 131,2.4,2.004,0.835,18.5,15,P13.5s,Krypton,9.2,2
    HPR01*,2.8,1.4,0.5,17,10,P13.5s,Halogen,12.1,2
    HPR57,2.8,1.624,0.58,17,50,P13.5s,Halogen,10.5,2
    PR 31,2.4,1.68,0.7,16.5,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,9.8,2
    KPR 102,2.4,1.68,0.7,16.5,15,P13.5s,Krypton,9.8,2
    HPR56,2.5,1.25,0.5,14,25,P13.5s,Halogen,11.2,2
    KPR 807,2.4,1.716,0.715,14,50,P13.5s,Krypton,8.2,2
    HPX 22,2.2,1.342,0.61,12.3,15,P13.5s,Xenon,9.2,2
    PR 2,2.4,1.2,0.5,11.4,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,9.5,2
    KPR K1,2.4,1.2,0.5,11,6,P13.5s,Krypton,9.2,2
    KPR 101,2.4,1.248,0.52,11,10,P13.5s,Krypton,8.8,2
    GH159,2.5,1.25,0.5,11,,G2.5,Halogen,8.8,2
    GH181,2.5,1.25,0.5,11,,E10,Halogen,8.8,2
    GH182,2.5,1.25,0.5,11,,P13.5s,Halogen,8.8,2
    PR 527,2.7,1.134,0.42,9.8,20,P13.5s,Vacuum,8.6,2
    KPR 104,2.2,1.034,0.47,7,15,P13.5s,Krypton,6.8,2
    PR 6,2.5,0.75,0.3,6.1,30,P13.5s,Vacuum,8.1,2
    PR 4,2.3,0.621,0.27,5.9,10,P13.5s,Vacuum,9.5,2
    PR 900,2.5,0.5,0.2,4.25,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,8.5,2
    HPR53,4,3.4,0.85,60,25,P13.5s,Halogen,17.647059,3
    HME53,4,3.4,0.85,60,25,E10,Halogen,17.647059,3
    HPR81,3.6,3.06,0.85,50,30,P13.5s,Halogen,16.339869 ,3
    HPR61,4,4,1,48,600,P13.5s,Halogen,12,3
    GH140,4,4,1,48,,E10,Halogen,12,3
    KPR 5984,4,4,1,47,200,P13.5s,Krypton,11.75,3
    HPR70,3.6,3.6,1,46,300,P13.5s,Halogen,12.777778,3
    LMSA301,3.8,3.192,0.84,45.65,,P13.5s,Xenon,14.3013 78,3
    HPX 30,3.6,2.952,0.82,45.5,10,P13.5s,Xenon,15.413279,3
    LWSA301,3.7,2.59,0.7,38.7,,P13.5s,Krypton,14.94208 5,3
    KPR 103,3.6,2.7,0.75,34,20,P13.5s,Krypton,12.592593,3
    HPR63,4,3,0.75,33.4,600,P13.5s,Halogen,11.133333,3
    HPR54,4,2,0.5,33,15,P13.5s,Halogen,16.5,3
    HME54,4,2,0.5,33,15,E10,Halogen,16.5,3
    GH143,4,3,0.75,33,,P13.5s,Halogen,11,3
    GH53,4,2,0.5,33,,E10,Halogen,16.5,3
    PR 3,3.6,1.8,0.5,21.06,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,11.7,3
    PR 7,3.8,1.14,0.3,12,30,P13.5s,Vacuum,10.526316,3
    KPR 106,3.6,1.08,0.3,11,10,P13.5s,Krypton,10.185185,3
    PR 29,3.5,0.7,0.2,7.3,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,10.428571,3
    HPR50,5.2,4.42,0.85,85,25,P13.5s,Halogen,19.230769 ,4
    HME50,5.2,4.42,0.85,85,25,E10,Halogen,19.230769,4
    GH164,5.2,4.42,0.85,85,,P13.5s,Halogen,19.230769,4
    GH173,5.2,4.42,0.85,85,,E10,Halogen,19.230769,4
    SKPR 823,4.8,5.28,1.1,84,10,P13.5s,Krypton,15.909091,4
    LMSA401,5.3,4.187,0.79,80.5,,P13.5s,Xenon,19.22617 6,4
    KPR 813,4.8,4.464,0.93,80,5,P13.5s,Krypton,17.921147,4
    HPX 41,4.8,4.32,0.9,78,10,P13.5s,Xenon,18.055556,4
    LWSA401,5.2,3.64,0.7,76,,P13.5s,Krypton,20.879121, 4
    HPR80,4.8,4.08,0.85,75,30,P13.5s,Halogen,18.382353 ,4
    HPX 40,4.8,3.792,0.79,66.5,15,P13.5s,Xenon,17.53692,4
    KPR 113,4.8,3.6,0.75,51,20,P13.5s,Krypton,14.166667,4
    HPR55,5.2,2.6,0.5,48,15,P13.5s,Halogen,18.461538,4
    HME55,5.2,2.6,0.5,48,15,E10,Halogen,18.461538,4
    GH55,5.2,2.6,0.5,46,,E10,Halogen,17.692308,4
    PR 32,4.8,3.36,0.7,42,20,P13.5s,Argon,12.5,4
    HPR62,4.8,2.4,0.5,37,20,P13.5s,Halogen,15.416667,4
    GH70,4.8,2.4,0.5,36,,G4,Halogen,15,4
    GH157,4.8,2.4,0.5,36,,P13.5s,Halogen,15,4
    KPR 1941,4.75,2.375,0.5,35,10,P13.5s,Krypton,14.736842 ,4
    KPR 802,4.8,2.4,0.5,33,15,P13.5s,Krypton,13.75,4
    GH158,4.8,2.4,0.5,33,,G2.5,Halogen,13.75,4
    KPR 826,5.2,2.08,0.4,30,30,P13.5s,Krypton,14.423077,4
    PR 15,4.8,2.4,0.5,28.8,30,P13.5s,Vacuum,12,4
    PR 13,4.75,2.375,0.5,28.5,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,12,4
    HPX 42,4.7,1.88,0.4,27.5,15,P13.5s,Xenon,14.62766,4
    PR 35,4.6,1.61,0.35,18.5,15,P13.5s,Vacuum,11.490683,4
    GH107,5,1.5,0.3,18,,E10,Halogen,12,4
    KPR 825,5.2,1.3,0.25,12,20,P13.5s,Krypton,9.2307692,4
    HM12,6,20,3.33333,450,100,G4,Halogen,22.5,5
    GH102,6,19.8,3.3,450,,G4,Halogen,22.727273,5
    HPR72,6,15,2.5,320,100,P13.5s,Halogen,21.333333,5
    HM10,6,10,1.66667,220,100,G4,Halogen,22,5
    6111,6,10,1.66667,220,150,G4,Halogen,22,5
    HPR71,6,10,1.66667,210,100,P13.5s,Halogen,21,5
    GH20,6,10,1.66667,201,,G4,Halogen,20.1,5
    GH24,6,10,1.66667,201,,P13.5s,Halogen,20.1,5
    GH44,6,10,1.66667,201,,E10,Halogen,20.1,5
    HM08,6,8,1.33333,160,100,G4,Halogen,20,5
    HPR73,6,6,1,110,100,P13.5s,Halogen,18.333333,5
    HPR36,5.5,5.5,1,100,40,P13.5s,Halogen,18.181818,5
    GH15,6,6,1,100,,P13.5s,Halogen,16.666667,5
    GH17,6,6,1,100,,E10,Halogen,16.666667,5
    LMSA501,6.3,4.851,0.77,98,,P13.5s,Xenon,20.20202,5
    HPR51,6.5,4.55,0.7,90,25,P13.5s,Halogen,19.78022,5
    HPR78*,6,5,0.83333,90,100,P13.5s,Halogen,18,5
    GH95,6,5,0.83333,80,,G4,Halogen,16,5
    KPR 112,6,4.5,0.75,75,20,P13.5s,Krypton,16.666667,5
    LWSA501,6.3,4.41,0.7,65,,P13.5s,Krypton,14.739229, 5
    HPR58,6,3,0.5,55,20,P13.5s,Halogen,18.333333,5
    HPR59,6,4,0.66667,54,300,P13.5s,Halogen,13.5,5
    HPX 51,6,3.3,0.55,52,20,P13.5s,Xenon,15.757576,5
    HPX 50,6,2.82,0.47,49,5,P13.5s,Xenon,17.375887,5
    HPR64,6,3,0.5,46,100,P13.5s,Halogen,15.333333,5
    HMB13,6,3,0.5,46,100,BA9s,Halogen,15.333333,5
    GH103,6,3,0.5,46,,P13.5s,Halogen,15.333333,5
    GH106,6,3,0.5,46,,E10,Halogen,15.333333,5
    PR 12,6,3,0.5,38.1,15,P13.5s,Argon,12.7,5
    HME60,6,2.4,0.4,36,100,E10,Halogen,15,5
    GH90,6,2.4,0.4,35,,P13.5s,Halogen,14.583333,5
    GH93,6,2.4,0.4,35,,E10,Halogen,14.583333,5
    LMSA601,7.6,5.852,0.77,129,,P13.5s,Xenon,22.043746 ,6
    HPX 60,7.2,6.12,0.85,115,15,P13.5s,Xenon,18.79085,6
    HPR04,7.4,5.18,0.7,114,25,P13.5s,Halogen,22.007722 ,6
    KPR 118,7.2,5.4,0.75,100,15,P13.5s,Krypton,18.518519,6
    LWSA601,7.5,5.25,0.7,86,,P13.5s,Krypton,16.380952, 6
    KPR 6C,7.2,4.752,0.66,71,36,P13.5s,Krypton,14.941077,6
    PR 18,7.2,3.96,0.55,61.4,3,P13.5s,Argon,15.505051,6
    PR 518,7.2,3.888,0.54,55,15,P13.5s,Argon,14.146091,6
    PR 20,8.63,4.315,0.5,62.8,15,P13.5s,Argon,14.553882,7
    HMB21,12,20,1.66667,600,100,BA9s,Halogen,30,10
    =============================== Exported CSV from Excel ===================================
    changing sigline ...

  12. #12

    Default I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    In the 1983 GE Speciality Lamps catalog I found only one addition to make to the lists. 395X .... Flashlight - 2D Cells Special Service .... 3 Design Volts .... .07A Design Amps .... S.C. Miniature Flanged Base .... Vacuum .... Filament Designation S-2 .... Rated Average Lab Life 50 hours.

  13. #13
    Flashaholic* snakebite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    dayton oh
    Posts
    2,349

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    cant forget my favorite cheapie mod bulb!
    kpr141 2.0v 1.2a.
    cant remember how it rerated but its nice on 2 high cap nicad/nimh.my old hitachi d nicads held it around 2.45v most of the discharge.good for several battery changes before it dies.still have a ton of em here.
    Last edited by snakebite; 07-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.

  14. #14
    Flashaholic* ericjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    1 Alpha Louisiana
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    In the 1983 GE Speciality Lamps catalog I found only one addition to make to the lists. 395X .... Flashlight - 2D Cells Special Service .... 3 Design Volts .... .07A Design Amps .... S.C. Miniature Flanged Base .... Vacuum .... Filament Designation S-2 .... Rated Average Lab Life 50 hours.

    50 Hours is pretty damn good for a PR bulb or ANY other incandescent flashlight bulb. The only drawback is: since it is a vacuum bulb; it probably get horribly dim after a few battery changes. I wonder if there are any Xenon or Halogen PR bulbs with that much lifespan.
    "When egrets take flight, foul weather in sight."

  15. #15
    Flashaholic* snakebite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    dayton oh
    Posts
    2,349

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    .07a is going to be very dim.
    probably made for a special app for extreme long runtime.
    the d cells will outlast the bulb!

  16. #16

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    I have a pack of PR14 bulbs. TWO filaments, independently circuited, 2.38v, .50 amp for each filament. The bottom has two small contacts on it. It was made for the early '50s Eveready Masterlite Spot-Flood, 2D flashlight.

  17. #17
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NW Lower Michigan
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by rookiedaddy View Post
    If you're on a Windows machine (I'm using Chrome, MS Excel 2007), try the following:
    1. Click the "Reply with Quote" at [lctorana] post above.
    2. Click the "Go Advanced" button. You should see a preview follow by an edit window.
    3. You should highlight the whole table in the edit window.
    4. Copy (Ctrl-C).
    5. Launch Excel, and Paste (Ctrl-V). You should have the table in Excel.

    Or you can save the following to a csv file...
    Somehow I missed the reply till now.

    Pasting to spreadsheet put it all into one column. No good.

    Saving to Notepad, then renaming to csv, then opening worked fine. Took me a while to figure it out the procedure.

    Thanks. I now have it on my Palm too.

  18. #18
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somerset UK
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
    .07a is going to be very dim.
    probably made for a special app for extreme long runtime.
    the d cells will outlast the bulb!
    Indeed, probably very little application for such low output lamps these days.
    In years gone by there was more demand for very long running lights for applications such as fall out shelters.
    The run time on the then prevalent zinc carbon D cells would have been about 100 hours or about 4 days continuall use.
    A dozen spare D cells and a similar number of bulbs would give light for over 2 weeks, such a low level of light would be ample for dark adapted eyes. A higher powered light would be kept for short term use when needed, but the low powered one, or even two could be used continualy.

    Another application would be night lights for children frightened of the dark, zinc carbon cells would give nearly two weeks of overnight operation.

  19. #19
    Flashaholic* snakebite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    dayton oh
    Posts
    2,349

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    another oddball.
    kpr803
    3.6v .5a
    for black and decker stuff.
    probably proprietary.
    replace with kpr103 or any 3 cell pr bulb in a pinch.
    feel free to add any info i post to the master list.

  20. #20

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    Just bookmarked this thread. I recently got one of those 3 D-cell surplus Swedish army headlamps, and I am going to want to play around with some bulbs for it. It's clunky, but cool in an old-school way, and it has a MOP reflector.

  21. #21

    Default Re: I've never before seen such extensive lists of the PR bulbs

    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Just bookmarked this thread. I recently got one of those 3 D-cell surplus Swedish army headlamps, and I am going to want to play around with some bulbs for it. It's clunky, but cool in an old-school way, and it has a MOP reflector.
    Bookmarked it too.
    Strangely enough this is like the 3rd time. lol
    John 3:16

  22. #22
    Flashaholic kilogulf59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Juneau Co WI
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaHurtz View Post
    Heres my slightly organized list...

    http://www.bulbtown.com/PR_1_XPR19_M...ulbs_s/801.htm
    http://www.bulbtown.com/DE3021_P25_2...ulbs_s/804.htm
    PR1 2.00v 0.95a 40hr
    PR2 2.38v 0.50a 15hr
    PR3 3.57v 0.30a 15hr
    PR4 2.33v 0.27a 10hr
    PR6 2.47v 0.30a 30hr
    PR7 3.70v 0.30a 30hr 1.110w
    PR9 2.70v 0.15a 45hr
    PR12 5.95v 0.50a 15hr
    PR13 4.75v 0.50a 15hr
    PR15 4.82v 0.50a 30hr
    PR16 12.50v 0.25a 50hr
    PR17 4.90v 0.30a 30hr
    PR18 7.20v 0.55a 3hr
    PR20 8.63v 0.50a 15hr
    PR29 3.60v 0.20a 30hr 0.720w
    PR30 3.75v 0.86a 40hr 3.225w
    PR31 2.40v 0.70a 40hr
    PR33 2.60v 1.00a 20hr 2.60w
    ---
    Halogen;
    HPR36 5.50v 1.00a 40hr 93 lum
    HPR40 6.00v 0.67a 50hr 75 lum
    HPR44 4.00v 1.00a 300hr?? 4.000w 54 lum
    HPR50 5.2v 0.846a 25hr
    HPR51 6.5v 0.708a 25hr
    HPR52 2.80v 0.85a 10hr 35 lum
    HPR53 4.00v 0.85a 25hr 48 lum
    HPR55 5.20v 0.50a 15hr 48 lum
    ---
    Krypton;
    K12 5.95v 0.70a 15hr
    K15 4.80v 0.70a 15hr
    K222 2.33v 0.60a 5hr
    KPR2 2.38v 0.50a 15hr
    KPR3 3.60v 0.91a 30hr 3.276w
    KPR4 2.20v 0.47a 15hr
    KPR13 4.75v 0.50a 10hr
    KPR102 2.40v 0.70a 15hr 1.68w
    KPR103 3.60v 0.75a 20hr 2.700w
    KPR104 2.20v 0.47a
    KPR112 6.00v 0.75a
    KPR113 4.80v 0.75a
    KPR118 7.20v 0.55a 20hr
    KPR130 3.85v 1.20a 20hr 4.620w
    KPR131 2.40v 0.84a 15hr 2watt
    KPR138 3.70v 0.86a
    KPR139 3.85v 1.32a 10hr 5.08watt
    KPR12 12.00v 0.70a
    KPR120 12.0v 0.70a
    KPR240 24v 0.70a
    KPR180 18v 0.60a
    KPR156 15.6v 0.70a
    KPR144 14.4v 0.70a
    ---
    Carley 609 5.00v 1.70a 8.5watt
    Osram 3138 3.6v 3.110a [11.2w]
    Osram 3638 3.6v 3.190a [11.5w]
    Osram 3598 3.7v 6.080a [22.5w]
    Osram 6408010 4.0v 4.250a [17.0w]
    Carley CL597 3.7v 0.703a [ 2.6w]
    Carley CL604 3.7v 1.190a [ 4.4w]
    Carley CL605 3.7v 1.510a [ 5.6w]
    Carley CL606 3.7v 1.700a [ 6.3w]
    ---
    SuperStinger 6.0v 1.70a 10w
    Osram 64225 6.0v 1.67a 10w 200lum G4 Bi-Pin http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampesa.html
    Philips 5972 6.0v 10w 150lum G4 Bi-Pin http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp5972.html
    GE M29 6.0v 10w G4 34720 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampESA.html
    MagCharger 6.0v 1.80a 11w
    PE 3853L 7.2v 1.55a 11w
    WA 1165 6.0v 1.87a 11w http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/d...26833900867631
    Ultra Stinger 6.0v 1.90a 11w
    CL 1057 6.0v 2.00a 12w
    CL 1499 7.2v 1.84a 13w
    PE3854L 6-7.2v 1.90a 11-13w
    WA 1274 7.2v 2.77a 20w G4 http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/d...26833900867631
    FMCL1794 7.4v 3.00a 21w
    FM Axial 7.2v 3.30a 24w
    Osram 64250 6.0v 3.33a 20w 420-480lum G4 2Pin http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lampESB.html
    PE3853H 7.2v 3.34a 20-24w
    WA 1111 6.0v 3.35-3.60a 20w G4 http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/d...26833900867631
    WA1160 5-7.2v 3.45-4.30a 17-31w
    FM Axial 7.4v 3.30a 24.4w
    PE3854H 6-7.2v 4.30-4.15a 24-30w
    Osram 64265 6.0v 30w ?? 2Pin HLX64265 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp64265.html
    Osram 64275 6.0v 35w 780lum G4 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp64275.html
    Philips 5761 6.0v 5.00a 30w 765lum G4 http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamp5761.html
    So the higher the voltage the lower the burn time and brighter the output? I can drop in a PR17 in place of a PR2?

  23. #23

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Quote Originally Posted by kilogulf59 View Post
    So the higher the voltage the lower the burn time and brighter the output? I can drop in a PR17 in place of a PR2?
    Depends on how hard you drive it.
    Note the .30 amp rating of the PR17 vs the .50 of the PR2. Seems kinda fragile so you'd have to ensure your batteries don't overwhelm it at start up.
    But yes the higher the voltage thrown at it the brighter it'll be.
    And yes, when you over drive a bulb it reduces lifespan of the bulb.

    Perhaps a PR15 is in order. It's 2.4 watts vs 1.7, and that extra .20 amps it'll take will not only cause it to last longer, but burn brighter.
    (Note watt #'s were derived from bulb town listings).

    You'll know in 5 seconds or less if it'll work.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 06-25-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    John 3:16

  24. #24
    Flashaholic kilogulf59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Juneau Co WI
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    I have a few old but usable flashlights. One has a PR2, another something else, all are 2 D-cells. I was wondering about a common bulb for the lot.

  25. #25

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    PR2 will be fine.

    If you can find some 2cell Mag-white kryptons they'll burn a bit brighter.
    Z battery .com had twin packs last time I checked.

    Another thing would be to clean all threads and the tail spring of any tarnish or buildup to get the most efficient flow of electricity throughout the lights.
    John 3:16

  26. #26
    Flashaholic kilogulf59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Juneau Co WI
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: PR bulb ratings

    Thank you...I will look for those and, if not, just grab a few PR2's JIC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •