H3 Locator Beads

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to gauge any potential interest in a simple small Tritium Locator Bead.
These would be ideal for attaching to almost anything & have no real weight impact or physical size disadvantages.
The 1st place I have the one I made in the WS is on my zipper pull. Idea for keychains & any lanyards.
If I do a production run, the material will be Aluminium & Stainless Steel.
I will firm up on price, current projection should be about £15 each with two 6mm x 1.5mm Tritium Locators. Bart also supplies 5mm x 1.55mm which will also fit in the slots.
Norland 61 will be used.
If there is enough interest I will go-ahead & get these made & they would ship on receipt of payment. Please let the guys on USN know about these also. I hope they appeal?

P1060790.jpg

P1060776.jpg

P1060774.jpg

Last edited:

SRC

Newly Enlightened
I'll buy one with green trits in stainless steel if they go into production. It'll match my ss Wee!

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob, what´s the bead´s outer diameter? Judging from the vials I´d guess about 10mm? I might get 1-2 SS beads.

Eric

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been hoping for someone to come along and make something just like these. I'd probably grab a couple at least. Hopefully with blue trits (orange would be killer though). Either alum or SS is fine with me. Please keep us updated! Thanks!

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea Rob. Could it be made so that the gap is big enough to pass two lengths of 550 Paracord through ? The reason I ask is I think that it the type of cord most would want to use for lanyards etc.

If you need a sample of paracord just let me know :D

Paa100

Newly Enlightened
I'd love a couple too. Are the locators recessed? Because they will tale a beating (for all of you MW2 fans ;)) )

Meganoggin

Enlightened
They look really cool Rob!

I would like to try a couple for my 'man - knitting'.

Regards Pete :wave: