• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New lights for April 2010

Curt R

Enlightened
RMSK should have the Titanium Eiger, (Tiger ?), in power level #8 with the XP-G R5 LED by the
27th of April. The price will be under $100.00 USD. We will have 50 available.

Also the First Responder series is getting another addition, the FR1200. This light will use the
Luminus SST-50 LED driven at about 5 amps. It will have the variable output control and the 2 x 18650
battery compartment. The beam pattern is not as tight as the FR400 with the Cree XP-G LED, but the
throw will be about the same. As such the candlepower output will be about the same as the FR400,
around 15,000, but the Lumen output should be over 1100 for more spill. And easy 600 foot + throw distance.

RMSK also has some window filters to change the output pattern of the FR600 and the FR1000.
The narrow filter changes the square output to a round looking pattern. The medium filter
gives the output a flood type pattern. Changing windows is simple. Hold the head under the window
nut with one hand and twist off the window nut with the other hand. Remove the clear window,
place the filter on top of the optic, replace the clear window, thread back on the window nut.
Just be careful not to cross thread the nut.

Curt

Last edited:

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news Curt. I haven't bought a Peak in a while...some of these new models may be the catalyst to get me to do so.

Ideally you will have a new website soon with all of the new (and current older) models, but if that doesnt happen, why don't you at least put together a sticky listing all of your models with photos, stats and details in one place. I think you lose a lot of sales because people get frustrated finding details on your lights. There is a sticky with some of your older models but it hasn't been updated in a long time.

Edit: I went through the RMSK site and see that you are starting to give them a lot more info on your lights so that's a big plus.

Any plans to offer the Tiger in any other levels? Hoping the tube has some knurling or design like some of the other Ti AAAs on the market.

Good luck on the good news!

Last edited:

gjg

Enlightened
Any plans to offer the Tiger in any other levels? Hoping the tube has some knurling or design like some of the other Ti AAAs on the market.

Good luck on the good news!
Unfortunately it looks like a plain Ti tube, per the pic on RMSK (http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Eiger Rebel.html). Plus it's the keychain body - it adds up to fairly long (for an AAA), somewhat boring looking light. As much as I wanted a Ti Eiger, I need to think on this one.
gg

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I would love some confirmation from Peak regarding the body style for the Ti Eiger. I'd definitely be interested if they used the knurled pocket body, but I'm up in the air with the plain tubed keychain body. So, is the picture accurate?

gjg

Enlightened
Ditto. Curt, could you fill us in?
Thanks,
Greg
I would love some confirmation from Peak regarding the body style for the Ti Eiger. I'd definitely be interested if they used the knurled pocket body, but I'm up in the air with the plain tubed keychain body. So, is the picture accurate?

Curt R

Enlightened
The Titanium AAA bodies for the Eiger were made four years ago for the Matterhorn. We had about 50+ left
over but didn't want to use the 5 mm LEDs again. I found some 9/16 ths Ti and was making brass and
stainless Eiger heads at the time, so I also used the Ti to make 50 Tiger heads. A knurled body is not on
the to make list, and it is doubtful if any more Ti lights will be made as the demand for them is minimal in
today's economy. Also since we did not have any Ti key ring adapters the Tiger will be shipped with the
Stainless Steel rear push button switch. Those are priced at $99.95 at RMSK.

Curt

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
I ordered a Ti Eiger yesterday and was told that it has the XPG. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the confirmation...maybe you can be the first to do a mini review here in the subforum. I am really digin' the new SS Logan.
Let us know what you think!:twothumbs

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
I am really interested to see the new search and rescue SR450. I was going to buy the first responder FR400 but maybe this SR450 would be even better with 2.5 inch optic?

Maybe it will be all throw like a laser beam?