Throwiest pocketable 1x cr123

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
Factory, modded or custom, is the C2H with Javelin head the best of the best 1x cr123 right now? Most throw/ lux that can be crammed into a front pocket.
I got on the first pre-order of Nitecore Extremes and have used it multiple times a day on the job since then and have been very happy with it. Just wondering if there is anything that will give me the holycrap feeling again. I curse the day I stumbled across this aircraft grade aluminum lithium ion crack, I think I'm going through withdrawals after seeing the SR90 Intimidator. Can't think of a single use for it but I sure want one.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You're not going to find anything in the 1x123 category that will bring back the "holy crap" after a NEX (maybe something marginally brighter, but not by more than a fraction); go ahead and buy the SR90 or an HID.

litemax

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind having something about 1 cm wider than your current NEX, you may want to consider the Ray D1 which almost triples the throw.

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind having something about 1 cm wider than your current NEX, you may want to consider the Ray D1 which almost triples the throw.

I'm fine with a much wider diameter head to get the throw I'm looking for.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Factory, modded or custom, is the C2H with Javelin head the best of the best 1x cr123 right now? Most throw/ lux that can be crammed into a front pocket.
I got on the first pre-order of Nitecore Extremes and have used it multiple times a day on the job since then and have been very happy with it. Just wondering if there is anything that will give me the holycrap feeling again. I curse the day I stumbled across this aircraft grade aluminum lithium ion crack, I think I'm going through withdrawals after seeing the SR90 Intimidator. Can't think of a single use for it but I sure want one.

Does the Javelin head matter? Doesn't pill and reflector in the P60 drop in determine the throw? (now if there were a Javelin head with R2 LED and an aspheric focusing lens I'd be all over it!)

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
Does the Javelin head matter? Doesn't pill and reflector in the P60 drop in determine the throw? (now if there were a Javelin head with R2 LED and an aspheric focusing lens I'd be all over it!)

Wider diameter and deeper head, doesn't that equal more reflector and further throw?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Romisen RC-C6 II Focusable
Hugsby P2 with TIR

Not exactly super top notch, but hey, you asked for throwiest pocketable 1xCR123.

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
All the P60's I buy have their own reflectors.

How would you put a P60 in a C2H with out a Javelin head? You asked does the Javelin matter, I'm trying to get the most throw out of a 1x rcr123. I have a bunch of aw high current protected r123s and like an edc in my front pocket for work. I can't think of a time my NEX didn't get the job done but with all these new emitters I thought it was time to see if something out there would blow it away.

post tenebras

Enlightened
I got a LensLight Mini this month. It's not the throwiest on the market, but it dethroned the Malkoff M30 as the best thrower in my 1 x CR123 EDC lineup.

This is my first/only aspheric and it's a lot of fun! :party:

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
So no one thinks there will be a "holycrap" response if I upgrade my NEX to a D1 or D-Mini VX TF? The Ultra Stinger was my first non maglight and I have to say I felt like god that night in the backyard, seeing things in the night man was just never meant to. The NEX was my first led and I couldn't believe that much umphhh could be hidden away in a front pocket. When I upgrade from my NEX I want there to be a huge difference and from these responses it sounds like I need to keep waiting?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want a P60 drop-in with a XR-E R2 you can get one at DX for $9. You can get an aspheric lens there for $2.00 that will fit a P60 host.

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
If you want a P60 drop-in with a XR-E R2 you can get one at DX for $9. You can get an aspheric lens there for $2.00 that will fit a P60 host.

So C2H body, XR-E R2 drop in + aspheric lens and then which head?

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone compared the D1 to the D-Mini VX TF? I saw the D1 compared to the ultra but the TF seams like it would have been better suited to compare.

No sure how Lumapower's numbers compare but they claim to see 18,000 with the VX-TF. My guess is the Ray D1 will out-throw it. Same diameter reflector but more power to the emitter. I don't like the way Lumapower incorporated the spacer into the TF mod. Makes it kinda big compared to the Ray. The TF reflector will fit inside the standard VX housing, but the emitter would have to be moved back to fit. I think They should have designed a spacer for the tube as opposed to a spacer for the largest diameter of the light head. The Ray is much better packaged I think.

Last edited: