Waiting for it to get dark...

CM2010

Enlightened
Had my Thrunite Catapult delivered at 8am this morning and the wait has been killing me until i can get out with it tonight when its dark at 10pm (only 90 mins to go!).

I live in built up area so i wont see the full benefit of it until tomorrow night when i'm up at my gf`s who lives in a small village in the countryside and when its dark up there its pitch black,just how i like it :twothumbs

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Aim it at the western horizon at 02:00 hrs ZULU (GMT) tonight and I'll tell you if I see it here in Canada!

mrartillery

Enlightened
Thats the sucky part about summer, every time I build a new light I have to wait until almost 9pm to get to go outside and use it! :sigh:

csa

Enlightened
I tend to be never done with building a light until it's getting light out again, which makes testing it a big problem! Congrats on your new light.

JCD

Enlightened
I'm also waiting for it to get dark. I received some IMR cells and an LF EO-E2R today and a P91 a few days ago. I have the EO-E2R installed in my E2D with IMR cells. I have the P91 in a 6P host with IMR cells. I'm ready to take them outside and compare them to my 6P w/ MC-E drop-in, and maybe a C3 with 2x 17500 cells and a P90. I might play with my R2 drop-in also, but mostly I'm interested in how the incans compare to the MC-E in real world conditions (as opposed to a white wall).

Fun stuff!

JCD

Enlightened
Thats the sucky part about summer, every time I build a new light I have to wait until almost 9pm to get to go outside and use it! :sigh:

I love the summer. The nights may be shorter, but their warm enough to be outside doing stuff (which provides opportunity to use my lights). I love walking and cycling at night, but it just isn't practical in the winter, when our nighttime temps approach freezing or slightly below.

Despite the longer nights, my lights get very little use during the winter. I could go a month without recharging the cells in my EDC, and it wouldn't be an issue. That's the light I use most often during the winter.

JCD

Enlightened
I'm also waiting for it to get dark. I received some IMR cells and an LF EO-E2R today and a P91 a few days ago. I have the EO-E2R installed in my E2D with IMR cells. I have the P91 in a 6P host with IMR cells. I'm ready to take them outside and compare them to my 6P w/ MC-E drop-in, and maybe a C3 with 2x 17500 cells and a P90. I might play with my R2 drop-in also, but mostly I'm interested in how the incans compare to the MC-E in real world conditions (as opposed to a white wall).

Fun stuff!

Wow! The 2x IMR16340 & P91 is impressive! It appeared to have as much spill as the MC-E, but with a much brighter hotspot. And, the color tint of the hot wire was much nicer than the LED. It's too bad I don't have a suitable permanent host for the IMR cells and the P91.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
Congatulations on the Catapult! I have one and I like it!

I was waiting to get dark too... tested my new Nitecore SR3!

CM2010

Enlightened
awwwwwwww come on guys, beamshots!

Just been out with it in total darkness and was blown away,heres a few pics first one is with the Catapult the 2nd with a M30 Triton both on the brightest setting:

qx2l39.jpg

29ur8du.jpg