DIY Charger for 26650

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Since there was not a charger for a 26650 readily available on the market, I decided to try and make one for myself. I'm not the most technical person, so my version is a bit crude, but pretty easy to make.

Materials:
1. Smart Charger
http://www.batteryspace.com/smartcharger18afor37vli-ionpolymerrechargeablebatterypack--ullisted.aspx

2. Luminous 3x Flatpack Holder
http://www.luminousdiy.com/Light%20Kits%20and%20Parts.htm#holders

3. Solder and Solder Iron

4. Red and black wire

cimg0081i.jpg

mike

McAllan

Enlightened
Seems very fine with me :thumbsup:

Just one thing I'd personally would have made different. And that is I would have skipped the crocs and soldered the wire directly to the cell holder so there's no risk of a short.

If it was a wire included with the charger you want to keep intact then just go to radio shack etc. they have loose DC connectors so you can make you own wire.
And secure the wires with wire straps etc. to a point on the cell holder so you won't stress the solder points. Then you've made a great DIY cell holder.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Seems very fine with me :thumbsup:

Just one thing I'd personally would have made different. And that is I would have skipped the crocs and soldered the wire directly to the cell holder so there's no risk of a short.

If it was a wire included with the charger you want to keep intact then just go to radio shack etc. they have loose DC connectors so you can make you own wire.
And secure the wires with wire straps etc. to a point on the cell holder so you won't stress the solder points. Then you've made a great DIY cell holder.

Thanks for the tip! When I get some time I think I'll go to radioshack for a DC connector.

What do you think about wiring the other two ports on the either side in parallel to charge 3x18650's?

Hill

Enlightened
CPF user Meterman posted some nice rock solid Bulgin battery holders here. Digikey sells them here and here . At <$3 each, it is an affordable charging solution for these cells and is higher quality than the el cheapo ones sold at Rat shack etc.

More info here

C-cell
BX0036_400px.jpg

D-cell
BX0037_400px.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts