The SureFire E2L-AA Thread

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E2L-AA

Still doesn't appear to be for sale anywhere.

Any idea when it's scheduled to go on sale?

Any links, pics would be helpful.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Update on Surefire E2L-AA?

If the wait for a SF 2AA light is killing you... grab a 9P shell & install a low Vf driver drop in :thumbsup:

Curious about this E2L-AA myself :popcorn:

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nobody wants a nice AA Surefire more than me; however I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. It may take a while. I think we will see the LX1 first and that's OK with me too.

Bill

BigD64

Enlightened

I've had an E2L-AA prototype for like 2 years about time for them to get off their butts and produce it!

Per-Sev

Enlightened

Looks like a nice light if someone picks one up I would like to see some beam shots if possible. All I buy are AA lights and this looks promising.

carrot

Flashaholic

Hi Per-Sev, please note that the E2L-AA will use the exact same optic system as the current E1L, E2L, E2DL, and L1 and possibly the same as the LX2. Beamshots of those will give you a good feel for how the light is.

Per-Sev

Enlightened

Hi Per-Sev, please note that the E2L-AA will use the exact same optic system as the current E1L, E2L, E2DL, and L1 and possibly the same as the LX2. Beamshots of those will give you a good feel for how the light is.
Thanks carrot, the pics looked like it used the same head but I was not sure. I have always liked Surefire lights and I think this would be a nice back up to my Haiku since they both use the same cells now. I do prefer a flush tail on my lights so I will have to see about that I use the candle mode quite a bit with my lights.

Coolhand68

Newly Enlightened

I think I would have preferred a single AA E2L that comes in slightly under 5" rather than a 2AA that's over 6.5 inches. But I'm not complaining, always nice to see new Surefire products introduced to their line-up.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

80 lumens on high-mode from 2AA cells?

Surefire could have done better than that, even if they are OTF lumens.

computernut

Enlightened

I'm not a big fan of the length either but not much you can do with 2xAA cells. 80 lumens for 9 hours seems respectable, I love my E2L for not how bright it is but how long it runs. This might be the flashlight for my BoB.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast

80 lumens on high-mode from 2AA cells?

Surefire could have done better than that, even if they are OTF lumens.

If they intend it to have a practical runtime with alkaline cells, then 80 lumens is pretty reasonable.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

If they intend it to have a practical runtime with alkaline cells, then 80 lumens is pretty reasonable.

Hopefully when the light ships it'll come with instructions to use lithiums or rechargeable AA cells.