Is this generic 18650 ok?

JB

Enlightened
gadgetworld2u@111.jpg

My local vendor has these generic 18650s. Just wondering if anybody has had experience with these cells and how they perform?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
gadgetworld2u@111.jpg

My local vendor has these generic 18650s. Just wondering if anybody has had experience with these cells and how they perform?

Sorry , havent seen anything on that one !
If its like a really good price , ?

You might want to check all the battery tests here on CPF , and chose a product thats been tested .

What are your needs ?
What light / set up is it needed for ?
High current ? Long run time ?
New cells that have not been tested can be good or bad , unfortunately its a gamble ..

shark_za

Enlightened
Hard to tell and specially since you are on the back foot already with an unrealistic 2700mAh claim.

I have Cytac cells that are wrapped and printed just like that and they are good.

JB

Enlightened
Sorry , havent seen anything on that one !
If its like a really good price , ?

You might want to check all the battery tests here on CPF , and chose a product thats been tested .

What are your needs ?
What light / set up is it needed for ?
High current ? Long run time ?
New cells that have not been tested can be good or bad , unfortunately its a gamble ..

Yeah, I haven't seen any shootouts or comparisons with that cell so I thought I'd ask.

My local dealer does have the well known AW 2600mah and this generic cell only. The generic cell is 31% cheaper than the AW.

I'm using the cell for a 1x 18650 light (plan to get maybe the T20C2 Mk II or Lumapower VX Ultra). As long as the cell has enough juice to power the light with decent runtime I'm happy I guess.

JB

Enlightened
Hard to tell and specially since you are on the back foot already with an unrealistic 2700mAh claim.

I have Cytac cells that are wrapped and printed just like that and they are good.

That 2700mah claim did catch my eye. Then I learnt Ultrafire has 3000mah cells, so I thought maybe 2700mah wasn't that unrealistic after all.

In the end, I guess if no one knows about this generic cell I'd be safer going with the AWs.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an FYI. The highest capacity Chinese made cell to my knowledge is 2600mAH true capacity.

Companies Like Sanyo, Samsung, and Panasonic have cells in the 2800-3100mAH range (but they are of course unprotected and quite expensive).

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , the "Good" Chinese batteries are 2600mA , the bad ones can be 1400mA and have 2800mA printed on them , so they can be a risky buy ..

If we may ask , just how much are the batteries ? [ 31% Less than AW2600 - Buy the AW - 31% less is to small a margin for a cheap cell , get the AW and know you have good cells ]

Monocrom

Flashaholic
2700 mAh, unknown, generic, 18650 . . . No. That doesn't sound right. Not at all.

JB

Enlightened
Yeah , the "Good" Chinese batteries are 2600mA , the bad ones can be 1400mA and have 2800mA printed on them , so they can be a risky buy ..

If we may ask , just how much are the batteries ? [ 31% Less than AW2600 - Buy the AW - 31% less is to small a margin for a cheap cell , get the AW and know you have good cells ]

Over here the AW is equivalent to about US$17.85 whereas the generic is about US$12.30

Anyway, based on all the comments I'll skip the generic. Especially when I found out that DX sells better cells like the Trustfire 2400mah (black/red) for under $10 a pair!