Some new chargers to chose from ...

mfm

Enlightened
Solarforce Charger = DX 6105

Travel charger = DX 3499

350 mA on the GTL seems very low...

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 of them are on DX , but I got a little tired as it was 2AM and just wanted to go to bed ...

The first looks interesting ... The travel charger is single channel , the Solarforce one is expensive when compared to the DX one , and the GTL could be interesting for CR123A owner/users .. Yeah , take for ever with 18650 .

The first one is sku.33103 on DX [ to tired to cross reference last night ]
But this time Ebay is cheaper .

There is still another travel charger on Ebay that looks to be dual channel , and KD has two chargers you dont hear much about , well 3 but I did get the Shekor , and its not bad .

Might have to revisit my collection of chargers for a shoot out ! Maybe ...
A head to head charge off so to speak .

mfm

Enlightened
There is still another travel charger on Ebay that looks to be dual channel , and KD has two chargers you dont hear much about , well 3 but I did get the Shekor , and its not bad .

Might have to revisit my collection of chargers for a shoot out ! Maybe ...
A head to head charge off so to speak .

The Shekor seems to have a low charge current?

I got the HG-1210W from KD, but it won't be replacing any other chargers...

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I've been following the postings on the SheKor charger. Everything seems to point to this as a "safe" charger in that it does shut down once it gets the battery to its proper voltage. Are we talking Pila IBC comparison here? $15 for the SheKor vs. $50 for the IBC. I could buy several AWs for the difference. OLD4570 - I believe you tried one. Are you happy with it? I'm ready to pull the trigger, but.....I really don't want any :poof: happpening in my house.

Thanks again everyone - this forum is a great source of info! lovecpf

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
The shekor is great for the money ..
Its only downside is it terminates early , 4.13v and after restarting it ends up at 4.15v ... I use it now as my overnight charger , and then just swap the batteries into my trustfire charger to take them to 4.2v ..

Is the Shekor competition for the Pila ? I would say yes if it terminated a little higher , like 4.19v .

blinkjr

Newly Enlightened
old4570 - 2 questions:

1) is there any harm to the battery by only taking it to 4.13? I realize that I won't get as much time per charge out of it, but does it have an adverse affect on the battery?

2) do you have to watch over the battery/charger when you "top it off" in the trustfire?

Thanks - you all are a great source of info!!!! :p

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope - If anything it will probably last longer for it [ 4.13v ]

Yeah , pays to remove the battery from the TR-001 when the light goes green , as it trickle charges on completion ...

If your like one hour late pulling it out of the charger , I dont think it will hurt that much , but leaving it there for a day could be a problem ...

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , it could be .2A or 200mA charge rate ...
In which case it may take up to 13hours to charge a 2600mA battery ..

:paypal: So will find out ...

That last one ?? Its single channel me thinks , so I have no real interest in it .
KD sells a 2A charger for charging up to 4.2v , its not expensive , but they just dont give the input voltage for it ....

I might try contacting them , which has never really worked in the past .