DX SKU 26111 testing

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did some testing today, one of them was 26111 3-8.4V buck. Torchboy refers to this as TR-0022b on his site. But then, he also refers to 25517 by the same name (it does have similar but different specs.) I don't know where the naming comes from, but anyhow, I would like to share some short term results.
SKU 26111

V-IN - 8.40
I-IN - 0.80
P-IN - 6.72

V-OUT - 3.60
I-OUT - 1.35
P-OUT - 4.86

Efficiency = 72.32

SKU 26111

V-IN - 4.20
I-IN - 1.40
P-IN - 5.88

V-OUT - 3.60
I-OUT - 1.33
P-OUT - 4.78

Efficiency = 81.29

Test bed = SSC P4 U2 on aluminum sink w/fan

For short term testing I am very happy.

In addition, one poster said he received a 5 mode driver, but I received a 3 mode with memory within a week or 2 from the same date as him.

I hope to shove this in a p60 size led module I bought from KD with a XP-G R5. I mentioned in another thread how terrible the driver was in it.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you sir, that is very interesting. Hm, you've got higher output current and lower efficiency than specified. I wonder if those two factors are related to each other.

The TR-0022b comes from the number on a couple of the similar boards, but maybe sku.26108 and sku.26111 aren't the same as them after all. The TR-0022b boards are the memory-free ones and they're green, whereas this one is black. Sounds like I jumped the gun with that one. Edit: I keep thinking I must add the SKU numbers somewhere on the Driver List - I keep searching the page's source code to find stuff.

I believe techjunkie is on CPF as Techjunkie.

Last edited:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I agree, it would be very nice to be able to search your data base by SKU. Would be especially hard I bet for ShiningBeam that keeps changing skus and urls. Funny you have them listed by driver name, I was just thinking how hard it would have been when DX had the funny naming convention for everything, ala "Kenan" but it sure is a nice resource to have.

Oh yah, FYI my PCBs are green, and red.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I agree, it would be very nice to be able to search your data base by SKU.
Right, done. It probably would be easier if they all had simple short names, even if some of them were a bit on the silly side. KD's Kennan driver was pretty well known by that name because it was particularly popular.

Oh yah, FYI my PCBs are green, and red.
:thinking: OK...