Olight New Models!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes @ Lummi

Default Re: Changes @ Lummi

So we can return to the topic again? as it was going on to the post #55.

It would be very enjoyable for all fans of Orb flashlights to hear about the changes in Lummi, according to the OP.

Apart from updating standing orders, are there any new projects in sight?

And please Rob, go on posting those nice pics of your work
    (but remember about the 800x800 limiting size )

If someone can point me in the right direction (the faq directs me to a 'pictures and albums' link which I cannot find) I'll post pictures of some of the torches I have recently acquired from Rob to help prove that I am in fact telling the truth.

Before anyone tells me this is 'off topic' my response is that it is 'on topic' as the photos will go some way to prove that changes clearly are happening at Lummi.

All I want to do is share with you my positive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by philsyson View Post
    If someone can point me in the right direction (the faq directs me to a 'pictures and albums' link which I cannot find) I'll post pictures of some of the torches I have recently acquired from Rob to help prove that I am in fact telling the truth.

Before anyone tells me this is 'off topic' my response is that it is 'on topic' as the photos will go some way to prove that changes clearly are happening at Lummi.

All I want to do is share with you my positive experience.
    In order to keep this thread as "clean" as possible I'm PMing you the info you asked for.

Phil, you'll need to start a Photobucket bucket account, then when you have your pics stored in your own account you can link them into your posts.

To post a photo you then copy the photo link from your account, go to the posting window here, click on the little postcard looking image above the window area where you write and paste the photo link and save.

I know it sounds like a lot of hassle, and I guess it kind of is, but once you're done it'll seem much easier the next time around.

Can't wait to see the pics, and while you're at it, tell us a bit about them too!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Guys thanks very much for the responses. I'm off to Virginia Water right now (on a weeks hols and my wife is getting bored) and will sort this tonight or tomorrow. To confirm I'll be posting pics of 5 Lummi torches 2 x wee and 3 x Raw. The other 4 torches were actually given out to other people. I'm hopeful that you'll trust me on this and not think that I have exaggerated in my previous post of 9 torches as there really would be little point in doing that.

I actually had a problem with one of the Raw's not engaging full power unless quite a bit of force was used to twist the barrel. Rob suggested I swap barrels with another of my raws but this hasnt worked so I may need to take up Rob's offer of sending it back for repair.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by philsyson View Post
    I'm off to Virginia Water right now.
    Just down the road from me. Was thinking about sorting out a UK meet there sometime.

@philsyson - Warning - don't let Jay R near you Lummi lights!!!!! He'll be off with them I tell you !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Just down the road from me. Was thinking about sorting out a UK meet there sometime.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
    @philsyson - Warning - don't let Jay R near you Lummi lights!!!!! He'll be off with them I tell you !!
    Nahh. Don't need to. Just fitted my Raw-NS with an sst-50 and it's producing 500 lumens on a fresh cell ( Though not for long ). It drops to about 250 fairly quickly.

Jay, your batteries asked me to tell you they hate you. They were afraid to tell you in-person because they didn't know what you might do to them if you got really angry at them.

I always dreamed of an 18650 powered Lummi...
    That would be soooo nice

Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    I always dreamed of an 18650 powered Lummi...
    That would be soooo nice
    Even a AA or AAA would be great

I could go for an AA as well. I think the longer bodies would look nice!
    Add some trits to it and it would be one kick butt light

Bump for the AA Lummi with trits, name one AA multi level light with trit slots... I cant think of one of the top of my head, but then there will be one very obvious one no doubt.
    'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'

A Nitecore D10 with a trit slot or one of JHanko's Ti D10's
    with multiple trits.

The only quick ones that come to mind.

Well, my JHanko Ti D10 has at least 13 trits in it. If trit slots in the button counts, then my kuku Ti D10 and Volere each have a trit slot there and I believe that trit slotted pistons were/are available for the regular D10 as well.

Didn't some of the older JetBeams have trit slots, or maybe that was a gitd sticker?

As far as new Lummis. While a Ti AAA would be a wonderful addition, I would rather see the VBC make its' way to a production model Wee and/or Raw first. Either one of those would be the ultimate keychain edc.

I'd love an AA Orb too, but I don't think it will happen, ever. If you look at Robs lights they are direct drive with resistors to give low modes. I remember reading that Rob prefers this method as there are no electonics to go wrong, it's KISS engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by abarth_1200 View Post
    Bump for the AA Lummi with trits, name one AA multi level light with trit slots... I cant think of one of the top of my head, but then there will be one very obvious one no doubt.
    Kuku's Volere is another.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Yep I knew I would end up getting shown up lol My D10 is still waiting for its trit upgrade
    'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'

Super Moderator

The thread is heading off topic. The topic is changes at Lummi, as announced by the OP in post #1.

Members who have suggestions for other products, or comments on existing ones, should address these issues in another thread.
    Resistance is futile...

My most humble apologies

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Jay, your batteries asked me to tell you they hate you. They were afraid to tell you in-person because they didn't know what you might do to them if you got really angry at them.
    Sod 'em. I got an sst-90 delivered the other day . Was thinking of trying it in one of my Alu Raws.

When I have the spare cash a new SS Raw will be on the cards and I'll play with that.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    The thread is heading off topic. The topic is changes at Lummi, as announced by the OP in post #1.

Members who have suggestions for other products, or comments on existing ones, should address these issues in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by orb View Post
    Update, I am still waiting for Wee Ns's which are a big part of the back log. My machine shop have let me down with there lead time. All was supposed to be delivered before the end of May. I have asked for a definite date as to when I will get these & yet to find out. I will chase this again no later than Wednesday this week.
    Other back orders are getting there, many more will go out this week.
    I have faith in you! Just paypal'd for a Lummi Raw NS on your website ordering system. Only thing is I couldn't get the box to work to specify the neutral emitter option. So I sent an email to lummii@gmail.com and my transaction id of 66546449CR3870346. Hope my experience will be a positive one!

Paul

Just received my NS Raw with trits. Waited a couple of months but worth it!!

Bit of an update:
    Wee NS's are finally on the machines.

Slow but sure progress. As the Wee NS require 4 operations completion is still a little while away. As I am up there running the machines I'll keep this thread updated with all the Ops.

www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

They're looking good!

Nice pics Rob, maybe you could you start a new thread ? A Wee NS WIP thread? (WIP being work in progress) .

It would be great to see the machine ops and building to get a better idea of the work involved.

I've just noticed, are you working in the machine shop? Talk about keeping an eye on product quality!

WOW!!!!

Raw Wee's - or Wee's in the raw!

Looking good.

Enlightened

Keep it up Rob, good work

I gotta get me a lummi soon to add to my collection, they look so cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac View Post
    Raw Wee's - or Wee's in the raw!