Changes @ Lummi

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a heads up really, & somethings that should have been addressed a while back.
I have a rather large amount of back orders which I must get fulfilled very soon.
A plan is in the works to get the majority of back orders dispatched within the next three weeks.
All back orders should be dispatched before the end of May.

Unfortunatly there has not been enough business from Lummi recently.
I am an Electrician by trade & fortunately for my finances an electrician friend is providing me some paid work, literally as of today.
Still itching from the fibre glass loft insulation.
I plan to do about 3 days a week electrical work to subsidise the torch business.
This will be beneficial right now. It will mean I may not be quite so quick in my online responses.
There is no plan what so ever to wind Lummi down. I simply have to do something other to earn a living at this time.
I hope you guys here on cpf will continue to support me. All for now. :thanks:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to purchasing some of the tritium beads from you. I think communicating honestly to your customer like you did in this post is a good thing. Thanks for the awesome lights/creations and best of luck with the electrician work! :twothumbs

Meganoggin

Enlightened
The economy is a ***** Rob.

It's great that you have a second string to your bow and that Lummi will survive :thumbsup:

Keep on working for your dream mate.

Thinking of you - Pete & Clare :wave:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope you can get your head above water Rob, it would be great to see your torches available again :twothumbs

chrisWELD

Newly Enlightened
Best of luck with it all Rob.

Love my RAW AL and will place an order for a Wee NS for the wifey as soon as I can afford to - in the next month. Am also saving up for a RAW SS to replace the AL, and then there's the MiL...

Norm

Retired Administrator
All the best Rob, hope to see Lummi's reputation restored. :thumbsup:
Norm

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi Rob.

Good to here this news and hope you're back on track real soon.

Can I ask one favour please?. When the back-order has been filled, can you let us know on the forum. I am sure when the green flag is shown, myself, along with all your supporters, will be ready to pull the trigger on orders again. Your lights are truly fantastic.

Three cheers for a brighter Lummi future.

Regards and good luck with it all Rob.

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
You gotta do what you gotta do. If you have any spare time the new CR2 sure would be nice. Also a list of what you could fulfill now would be nice.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best of luck to you Rob with getting this all sorted out. Your business is a somewhat unique one (custom lights, but sold as if they were retail lights) and I don't want you to close down Lummi.

Soon this will all be sorted and things will be back to normal, I am sure of it :)

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're doing the right thing!

Once all backorders are shipped, it'll go upwards again. Keep us posted and make a new beginning in june, letting people know that there will be a new Lummi!

All the best!!! :wave:

gollum

Enlightened
good on ya Rob

cpf will be waiting

as you are the maker of some of the best and smallest custom lights,I believe there will always be orders waiting here for you

p.s.I need trits and a VBC MiL light and an 18650 size damascus custom special :twothumbs

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good for you, Rob. The times are hard ATM and I think we are all downsizing and struggling to make ends meet.

But the thought of no more Orbs doesn't bear thinking about! Good luck with your back orders. I will wait patiently for any of your new works to emerge when they can.

All the best.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much Fella's. The words here mean allot :thanks:

Yes as soon as the back log is clear & I have actual stock ready to dispatch the whole flashaholic kingdom shall know.

Ging

Newly Enlightened
Hope things will start to turn around soon

Still itching from the fibre glass loft insulation.

As a fellow sparky I feel your itch, I hate the stuff with a passion! My Raw does daily service tho :twothumbs